It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. | The Boneyard

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Great energy in the building, the place was buzzing at half time.

Then someone let the air out of the building. The second half was a slow, torturous death.

And now it's over.

NEXT!

Reaction Score
Then someone let the air out of the building. The second half was a slow, torturous death.

Well the team started getting outplayed in every phase of the game. The crowd was trying, but it's hard to get excited when you're watching your team get throttled.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well the team started getting outplayed in every phase of the game. The crowd was trying, but it's hard to get excited when you're watching your team get throttled.
Yeah, not blaming the crowd at all, just describing the dynamic of the night from my perspective.

The anticipation, pre-game buzz, first half and great energy in the building through halftime was great, and I would go again every time just to experience that and have a legitimate hope/expectation for a great win. The best of times indeed.

The second half was like watching a slow motion car wreck. I am among the most diehard, optimistic and foolhardy of my krewe when it comes to our potential generally, year-in and year-out, and I had high hopes last night when the planets started to align. But by the time I was in my seat for the second half (which was about two minutes in; got a late start for the men's room line after yapping it up over beers at the break), I could feel that the energy changed for the worse--much worse. And by around the 8:00 minute mark I would have bet everything I own that we wouldn't win, much less come close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom