It was a great season... | The Boneyard

It was a great season...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know UCONN fans are sorely disappointed, but no one can deny that team over achieved and was spectacular all season. I am so proud of them and so proud to be a UCONN fan. Give all the credit to Mississippi State - both teams deserved to win - it was an epic game, but they made one extra play. I know the loss will sting - for the fans and the players, but let's remember how incredible these kids are, how hard they fought, and how much the accomplished when no one but them thought they could. We are so blessed. Go UCONN!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I know UCONN fans are sorely disappointed, but no one can deny that team over achieved and was spectacular all season. I am so proud of them and so proud to be a UCONN fan. Give all the credit to Mississippi State - both teams deserved to win - it was an epic game, but they made one extra play. I know the loss will sting - for the fans and the players, but let's remember how incredible these kids are, how hard they fought, and how much the accomplished when no one but them thought they could. We are so blessed. Go UCONN!
Agree. But hate to see them lose on a horrendous decision by a senior. But hey, William missed two key ft and Collier just had a tough game. So our streak begins and ends with overtime losses. Tough out.

Reaction Score
Hopefully everyone comes back embarrassed, pissed off, and hungry next year, Collier in particular.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hopefully everyone comes back embarrassed, pissed off, and hungry next year, Collier in particular.
Honestly, and I don't mean to nitpick, but they have nothing to be embarrassed about. This team overachieved in every conceivable way this season. they just didn't have it as a team on this particular night. They won all season long as a team and tonight they lost as team. Missed 3 pointers by Kia, missed FT's by Gabby and Pheesa, and Saniya at the end. They tried so hard, and you know they left it all out on the floor. IMHO they have nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. They are a magnificent team and had an amazing season.

Reaction Score

Great post. We win together, we lose together and always with dignity. No finger pointing. Ever! We lost to a great team, perhaps a team of destiny. Great job by Vic Schaefer, his staff and their players. I don't love our girls one iota less. We will be back stronger than ever!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's posts like these that make me proud to be in such company. Very classy and gracious.

Reaction Score
Honestly, and I don't mean to nitpick, but they have nothing to be embarrassed about. This team overachieved in every conceivable way this season. they just didn't have it as a team on this particular night. They won all season long as a team and tonight they lost as team. Missed 3 pointers by Kia, missed FT's by Gabby and Pheesa, and Saniya at the end. They tried so hard, and you know they left it all out on the floor. IMHO they have nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. They are a magnificent team and had an amazing season.

They -- some of them -- should be embarrassed to have come out so tight in a big spot.

For the entirety of the season, they should be proud.

But their performance tonight, their demeanor, their response to adversity, should embarrass some of them. And I hope it motivates them. I think it will.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I'm certainly feeling depressed that the season just ended one game too soon, I can't help but be enormously proud of these young ladies. UConn overachieved all season long. Credit to MS St for playing a tremendous game. I'm going to lick my wounds, get some much needed sleep, and look forward to next year.

Reaction Score
I agree Eric, amazing season, amazing kids, amazing staff. We are so lucky.

To those of you that just can't resist taking shots at our players right now: please stop, get a hold of yourselves, and grow up. Nobody got "out coached." Nobody "choked." They lost. In OT. ONCE. In 111 games. It happens... but only to UConn. Everybody else loses more. A lot more! So relax, enjoy, and appreciate!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They -- some of them -- should be embarrassed to have come out so tight in a big spot.

For the entirety of the season, they should be proud.

But their performance tonight, their demeanor, their response to adversity, should embarrass some of them. And I hope it motivates them. I think it will.
You've had a string of posts like this, not to your credit. You're talking about teenagers, not pros.

Maybe you should be embarrassed by the posts knocking a bunch of kids for not being perfect.

Reaction Score
Not only was it a great season, but the close games throughout the year made it more fun (for me at least). As much as I enjoyed watching the dominance the past few years, I honestly had more fun watching this team "overachieve" and even have a few thrillers along the way. Disappointing ending, but it makes you appreciate the championships that much more.

I will say I think tonight's game will haunt Collier ... in a good way. If they make it back to the Final Four next year, I suspect she'll be a completely different player.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
While I'm certainly feeling depressed that the season just ended one game too soon, I can't help but be enormously proud of these young ladies. UConn overachieved all season long. Credit to MS St for playing a tremendous game. I'm going to lick my wounds, get some much needed sleep, and look forward to next year.

I am definitely feeling the early-onset withdrawal symptoms. I feel a bit melancholy about seeing this magical season come to an end, but that's more because I just love the sport in general and I love this team in particular.

Reaction Score
Not only was it a great season, but the close games throughout the year made it more fun (for me at least). As much as I enjoyed watching the dominance the past few years, I honestly had more fun watching this team "overachieve" and even have a few thrillers along the way. Disappointing ending, but it makes you appreciate the championships that much more.

I will say I think tonight's game will haunt Collier ... in a good way. If they make it back to the Final Four next year, I suspect she'll be a completely different player.

I wonder if this will have the same affect on the team that losing in the 2001 Final Four did? I can see an incredibly bright future for this team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am definitely feeling the early-onset withdrawal symptoms. I feel a bit melancholy about seeing this magical season come to an end, but that's more because I just love the sport in general and I love this team in particular.
Love this post X10!

Reaction Score
You've had a string of posts like this, not to your credit. You're talking about teenagers, not pros.

Maybe you should be embarrassed by the posts knocking a bunch of kids for not being perfect.

If Geno himself can talk about a lack of maturity, some of our players not being ready for the stage, then I think it's fair game for us to discuss here.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this will have the same affect on the team that losing in the 2001 Final Four did? I can see an incredibly bright future for this team.
I kinda had that same thought. Aside from Nurse, none of these players were focal points of the past couple title teams.

Combine this year's Final Four experience with more talent around them, and there's a good chance the result is different.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Many of us thought the team would lose 4 or 5 games. They surprised us all.

Dispite the disappointment of tonight's loss, this was an exciting season. It was a great ride.

Congrats to Mississippi State on their victory. They earned it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Geno himself can talk about a lack of maturity, some of our players not being ready for the stage, then I think it's fair game for us to discuss here.
Geno's comment about maturity was in a positive light as in this is a learning experience. He also said he was proud of the team. He did not say that anyone on this team should be embarrassed by their performance, which is what you have said. I know it's difficult to see your team lose a game like this, but it serves no useful purpose to be overly critical of the players on this team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yep, I think she'll have Tina Charles type motivation next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom