It should be, but's it is not enough | The Boneyard

It should be, but's it is not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
(first off - Props to Deep - Great Mojo this season - truly top shelf)

Given all that I have witnessed in over 30 years of following the Huskies - I have to say that I should be satisfied that this group have made the Elite Eight - really - I should be.

But then the memories start - Christian whatshisname... Donyell's Free Throws... Miss St... UCLA... and so on

It's time for another Final Four - it really is. Go UCONN - leave it all on the floor today.

Reaction Score
Bingo kev……….same here……….

You know I said the same thing about beating Nova - "everything else is gravy"……..then came Friday night and they threw the ball up for the opening and tip and once again I was off my rocker yelling at refs, screaming, high giving with Husky fans at Bobby V's. You know what the truth is? WE ARE UCONN…….there's no moral W's once the ball goes up. Will I be happy for this team seeing what they have accomplished this year? Maybe after the dust settles but now, as we speak I have Spartans in my view and taking them down is the only thing I will accept.

Can't wait to have those special tears in my eyes yet again as I get to watch Bazz hug Ollie in celebration………

And then it starts again……..;)

Reaction Score
I go back even longer than you to a time when UConn was irrelevant on the national scene so I know what you mean. Sweet 16 for this team was a reasonable expectation and if we lost to Iowa State it still would have been an outstanding season. This is not our best team talent wise but no UConn team ever played harder.
Michigan State is the favorite in this game as they should be. They have fewer flaws than we do. The experts have all picked Michigan State to win and that is really good for our Mojo. Elite 8 exceeded expectations for this group but now I'm greedy and smell a final 4. They can do it, I really believe that.

Reaction Score
I go back even longer than you to a time when UConn was irrelevant on the national scene so I know what you mean. Sweet 16 for this team was a reasonable expectation and if we lost to Iowa State it still would have been an outstanding season. This is not our best team talent wise but no UConn team ever played harder.
Michigan State is the favorite in this game as they should be. They have fewer flaws than we do. The experts have all picked Michigan State to win and that is really good for our Mojo. Elite 8 exceeded expectations for this group but now I'm greedy and smell a final 4. They can do it, I really believe that.

I think we are close to the same day and age…….ECAC championship was worth bottle of champagne and a night at the Foxy lady across front he PCC, anything else was gravy, a win over Hofstra's Dutchmen was yet another slam dunk and a loss the to the St John's Redmen in the round of 16 or 32 was expected……….

But it's now game day and things have changed, dramatically indeed……….it's go time. It's Husky time…………no one is better on this day. NO ONE

Reaction Score
(first off - Props to Deep - Great Mojo this season - truly top shelf)

Given all that I have witnessed in over 30 years of following the Huskies - I have to say that I should be satisfied that this group have made the Elite Eight - really - I should be.

But then the memories start - Christian whatshisname... Donyell's Free Throws... Miss St... UCLA... and so on

It's time for another Final Four - it really is. Go UCONN - leave it all on the floor today.

Right rhere with you.i've rhought of all those games in the last 24 hours and you know what i'm greedy-i want another FF -for the team and for us.
I don't want this season to end today.

Btw on metro north heading down to nyc now

Go Huskies !!!!!!

Reaction Score
Right rhere with you.i've rhought of all those games in the last 24 hours and you know what i'm greedy-i want another FF -for the team and for us.
I don't want this season to end today.

Btw on metro north heading down to nyc now

Go Huskies !!!!!!

Have a blast my fellow Meriden-ite and make us proud. Any of the boys from the local past please say hello and bring it home!!

Reaction Score
Have a blast my fellow Meriden-ite and make us proud. Any of the boys from the local past please say hello and bring it home!!
50-year Husky fan living in Meriden the last 45 years echoes those sentiments..will be down there today..

watched Kimball lose to St Joes on TV in 65, and attended first post-season game in 66 when i slept in front of the field house for tix to the playoff loss to URI. Started to turn things around with the wins over Friars and Dutchmen in 76 and kept trying my luck thru Laettner, and Ohio St and Florida and Miss St and Carolina. Was there in Phoenix for the epic battle vs the Zags, and in St Pete of course when life changed forever as we shocked the world.

its been a long ride from from Wes and Toby to Bazz and Boat, but the beat goes on. You gotta believe. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Agreed a loss today would be like reverse Christmas

Reaction Score
I simply don't want this season to end. I don't want to not be watching Bazz and Niels lead this team. I don't not want to watch T-Sam and Brimah grow up before my eyes. I don't not want to watch Boat hang in the air for his pull up jump shot and DD to toss in one of his crazy spinning floaters. This season does not end today.

Reaction Score
I simply don't want this season to end. I don't want to not be watching Bazz and Niels lead this team. I don't not want to watch T-Sam and Brimah grow up before my eyes. I don't not want to watch Boat hang in the air for his pull up jump shot and DD to toss in one of his crazy spinning floaters. This season does not end today.

Nothing like a little double negative mojo for the game…….nicely played!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If we are playing (in anything) and they are keeping score I want the win.

Once all is said and done we can sit back and reflect, praise what warrants praise, lament what may have been, etc., etc. Today the goal is to make the other fan base cry.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
50-year Husky fan living in Meriden the last 45 years echoes those sentiments..will be down there today..

watched Kimball lose to St Joes on TV in 65, and attended first post-season game in 66 when i slept in front of the field house for tix to the playoff loss to URI. Started to turn things around with the wins over Friars and Dutchmen in 76 and kept trying my luck thru Laettner, and Ohio St and Florida and Miss St and Carolina. Was there in Phoenix for the epic battle vs the Zags, and in St Pete of course when life changed forever as we shocked the world.

its been a long ride from from Wes and Toby to Bazz and Boat, but the beat goes on. You gotta believe. Go Huskies

I was there those times also with my Dad who had season tickets since 1964. I remember Art Stephenson as the anti-God and watching Wes and Kimble and seeing Dr J twice, kept those season tickets until 2008 when he passed away and they kept pushing us up and up into the XL's stratosphere. went to 24 consecutive BE tourneys thru 2011.
I want another Final Four
Go Huskies!!!!!

Reaction Score

You a Platt Panther or MHS Spartan (bad word today) nimz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom