It is highly unlikely that reserve center Enosch Wolf will return for his senior season. | The Boneyard

It is highly unlikely that reserve center Enosch Wolf will return for his senior season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't really think he would come back. I guess we'll hear an official decision soon enough.

Not sure what you mean by "calhoun ways are over."

Reaction Score
Didn't really think he would come back. I guess we'll hear an official decision soon enough.

Not sure what you mean by "calhoun way are over."

Just heard that kids got 6 to 18 chances to be find the path of proper rule following. Calhoun worked in the gray zone a lot. Take it with a grain of salt. Ollie has very very very different rules

Reaction Score
Just heard that kids got 6 to 18 chances to be find the path of proper rule following. Calhoun worked in the gray zone a lot. Take it with a grain of salt. Ollie has very very very different rules

It's good PR I guess (while knocking Calhoun). But the idea that Ollie makes these decisions is hard to grasp. Let's be clear here. Wolf was invited back but lost his scholarship. That was punishment for what happened. If his behavior was that onerous (i.e. if it was similar to what Miles had done) he wouldn't have been invited back to the team. In fact, worse than that. He would have been kicked out of school. I don't pretend to know what goes on at UConn since I was never a student there. I only know for news reports, and from what I can tell, the problems over the years have been about marijuana (multiple students) and a laptop once. Then we have situations like Miles's under Calhoun and Wolf's under Ollie.

What am I missing? Who has a beef with the marijuana cases? Anyone? The laptop cases? Miles?

If you're going to say that you know a lot more internal rumors that never see the light of day, that's one thing. I wouldn't know about that. But if you're referring to weed and laptops, I'd say your characterization of Calhoun is totally unfair.

Reaction Score

"very very very" I am sure is overstating the difference. Reading the articles there was and is certainly required changes in order to get the positive thoughts on the program back out there but JC was always "fair" but never stepped on...........If AJ, Marcus and others did what they did last year they would've been thrown off the team for sure based on the situation. But what JC did was save careers and lives because of the timing, he was able to. The comparison is unfair because of timing!!

Reaction Score
"very very very" I am sure is overstating the difference. Reading the articles there was and is certainly required changes in order to get the positive thoughts on the program back out there but JC was always "fair" but never stepped on...........If AJ, Marcus and others did what they did last year they would've been thrown off the team for sure based on the situation. But what JC did was save careers and lives because of the timing, he was able to. The comparison is unfair because of timing!!

Would they have been thrown off the team?

They received long suspensions, which was a big deal. But the faculty board that handed down those suspensions went through pains to show that Williams received exactly what 52 other students caught stealing laptops received, while AJ had a year-long suspension for lying about his involvement.

Reaction Score
I am not anti calhoun at all. What he did was very impressive with building a program from nothing and being a father figure to many young men. What he was for local and national charitys is extremely needed and very respected.

Reaction Score
All I am saying is that the guidelines and AD rules are not the same. Calhoun had a very long rope. Ollie does not.

Reaction Score
I wish Wolf well, whatever he decides for his life.

I hope this doesn't become a 10 page fault finding thread on "who did what to whom".

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
All I am saying is that the guidelines and AD rules are not the same. Calhoun had a very long rope. Ollie does not.

Anyone who wants to argue with you can't fruck off. Tell them so. They are all clowns here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would they have been thrown off the team?

They received long suspensions, which was a big deal. But the faculty board that handed down those suspensions went through pains to show that Williams received exactly what 52 other students caught stealing laptops received, while AJ had a year-long suspension for lying about his involvement.
Upstater you have been in the zone posting lately. Really good stuff.

CL82

Reaction Score
A telling quote:
"The program is in good hands. Everybody is back. We have a chance to be very good this year. … Players are motivated for team success and individual success. It's a great situation and projects positively to recruits."

Reaction Score
LOL at the people who think a junior that averaged 3.4 points and 3.4 rebounds per game will be the difference between UConn making versus not making a Final Four.

I definitely think Wolf could have helped this team next season, and I will certainly be disappointed if he decides not to come back. But the bigger keys to success next season will be, in no particular order: Shabazz and Omar's health, DeAndre and Boatright's development/improved consistency, Nolan becoming a viable rotational player and Facey being a consistent contributor as a freshman. All of those things are head and shoulders more important than Wolf coming back.

Wolf has quickly become the most overrated player in UConn history on this board, and that's not even an exaggeration.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
A telling quote:
True. Enosch has 3 ways to go about this: Go pro, transfer, stay at UConn, or do something else. Of course the odds are against UConn by sheer percentages, so it is a right choice of words to say "unlikely to return." At least from a statistical point of view.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
LOL at the people who think a junior that averaged 3.4 points and 3.4 rebounds per game will be the difference-maker between UConn making versus not making a Final Four.

I definitely think Wolf's could have helped this team next season, and I will certainly be disappointed if he decides not to come back. But the bigger keys to success next season will be, in no particular order: Shabazz and Omar's health, DeAndre and Boatright's development/improved consistency, Nolan becoming a viable rotational player and Facey being a consistent contributor as a freshman. All of those things are head and shoulders more important than Wolf coming back.

Wolf has quickly become the most overrated player in UConn history on this board, and that's not even an exaggeration.

I don't understand how people can feel confident going into a season with 2 frontcourt players who've seen decent time. Nolan cannot be depended on because of a 2-3 game stretch. So you're placing your trust on two freshman frontcourt players who weigh a combined 350 pounds?

Reaction Score
I don't understand how people can feel confident going into a season with 2 frontcourt players who've seen decent time. Nolan cannot be depended on because of a 2-3 game stretch. So you're placing your trust on two freshman frontcourt players who weigh a combined 350 pounds?

I was actually pretty down on Wolf last year. I'm probably one of the people that was least enthusiastic about his play. I just saw him out of position, not moving, falling asleep so often. This is why I'm not optimistic or pessimistic, just ambivalent.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I was actually pretty down on Wolf last year. I'm probably one of the people that was least enthusiastic about his play. I just saw him out of position, not moving, falling asleep so often. This is why I'm not optimistic or pessimistic, just ambivalent.

I think I am more pro-Wolf because of his play last year. He really never played college ball until last season. He showed improvements all across the board. I feel like he'll continue to get better if he was to play this season. I think he's a better version of Charles Okwandu, without the swag and friendliness.

Reaction Score
Upstater you have been in the zone posting lately. Really good stuff.

Well, I'm starting to think that the insiders on this board know a lot more than I do about Calhoun, but I've just never seen these egregious acts of his. The public stuff doesn't phase me. And when I read people like Jacobs in the Courant, or that other guy who enumerated why Uconn wasn't picked for the ACC by gleaning untruths from the likes of Calipari-stooge Wetzel or Cusepunk Pete Thamel and Tony Kornheiser (who backed Gary Williams in that ridiculous Washington Post article), I begin to think these people were too easily influenced by sour grape peddlers. What else can I think? I mean, tell me about persistent rumors of misdeeds--maybe then I'll be convinced. But when you cite obvious untruths from Kornheiser, Thamel and Wetzel, what am I to think? My only conclusion then is that you're too easily swayed.

The teams UConn lost out to are Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville. Clint Hurtt, missed APR thresholds, Teddy Bridgewater, marijuana violation cover-ups, violence and assaults brushed-off, the Fine case, violence around the Oakland campus, etc.

CL82

Reaction Score
Minimally, Wolf brings 5 fouls and some offense with him. He will be missed, if he does not return. I don't think anyone is mistaking him for Wilt Chamberlin (or Jake Voskuhl for that matter.)

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Minimally, Wolf brings 5 fouls and some offense with him. He will be missed, if he does not return. I don't think anyone is mistaking him for Wilt Chamberlin (or Jake Voskuhl for that matter.)

I understand that at times he was troublesome with fouls. But he protected the rim at a 7 foot height and huge wingspan. You can't teach size and with improvements, he would have been solid this season.

CL82

Reaction Score
I understand that at times he was troublesome with fouls. But he protected the rim at a 7 foot height and huge wingspan. You can't teach size and with improvements, he would have been solid this season.
I wasn't be critical of him at all in that post, but I do think that he didn't have as big a defensive impact as one might have hope for given his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom