It feels like "The Fall of the Roman Empire" | The Boneyard

It feels like "The Fall of the Roman Empire"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At the end of the classic 1964 epic film, the vacant chair of the emperor is being auctioned off as Stephen Boyd and Sophia Loren walk off one the greatest sets ever built.

"Two million dinars for the throne of Rome....two million, five hundred thousand dinars ...."

Cue the voiceover guy "This was the beginning of the fall of Rome...."

How all this conference realignment will play out is anyone's guess. But it stinks as bad as the burning bodies in the background of the auction scene. What a mess. College sports were never innocent. But this naked money grab and fighting over positions while the bodies are still warm is pretty disgusting. Publicly funded institutions of higher learning acting with the conscience of Caligula. It's pretty sad.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I'm happy the Big Ten made the Rutgers announcement and ended the drama.

Interesting how Delaney credits Notre Dame for spurring this move.

Reaction Score
the funny part to me is that after this big money grab, most ADs will still be running in the red

Reaction Score
BTW, the plot of the movie the Fall of the Roman Empire is the basic story line used by Ridley Scott in Gladiator.

Reaction Score
Since we are way off topic, my friend Burt's good buddy David Franzoni wrote the screenplay and won an Oscar for Gladiator. During Oscar night we all babysat for their kids. David's wife Nancy once roomed with Nicole Kidman and Kelly Preston. She's told us some "interesting" inside stories.

Reaction Score
Gladiator may be the last movie Ridley Scott made that was any good.

Reaction Score
Since we are way off topic, my friend Burt's good buddy David Franzoni wrote the screenplay and won an Oscar for Gladiator. During Oscar night we all babysat for their kids. David's wife Nancy once roomed with Nicole Kidman and Kelly Preston. She's told us some "interesting" inside stories.

They borrowed quite heavily from TFotRE in Gladiator. Right down to using the little square made by soldiers where Boyd fights the emperor. Of course, Boyd lives and Crowe dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom