Is this a travel? | The Boneyard

Is this a travel?

Reaction Score
I say No. He took two steps and a hop (releasing the ball). No different than a layup or these step back jumpshots. I think the delay between step two and the hop threw the ref off.

Reaction Score
I say No. He took two steps and a hop (releasing the ball). No different than a layup or these step back jumpshots. I think the delay between step two and the hop threw the ref off.

Then again... maybe it is because he's not dribbling on the initial 2 steps.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Note the "and 1" and I don't even see any contact. T him up for that!

The Euro step looks like traveling to me every single time. It just doesn't look right. I swear when I was a kid, you didn't get two steps. The rule got changed at some point. And then they don't even necessarily enforce the two step rule, so you have people doing like a triple jump on the court. Anyway, it doesn't look right, so I'm going with it's a travel.

Reaction Score
Note the "and 1" and I don't even see any contact. T him up for that!

The Euro step looks like traveling to me every single time. It just doesn't look right. I swear when I was a kid, you didn't get two steps. The rule got changed at some point. And then they don't even necessarily enforce the two step rule, so you have people doing like a triple jump on the court. Anyway, it doesn't look right, so I'm going with it's a travel.
Really? When I was taught, it was always two steps. After your last dribble, you had two steps with the second being when you extend to complete the shot.

With the Euro, I can understand why it looks wrong because the steps seem to be exaggerated since it looks like you're going in two directions. The gather step that's allowed in FIBA play doesn't help either. I've talked Canadian players about the adjustment when playing in the US and they say it's a challenge when playing AAU. They have to go against their instincts and keep federation rules in mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom