Is there a way to access the BY on our cell phones? | The Boneyard

Is there a way to access the BY on our cell phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Probably should ask this on the "tech" board. I know we used to use "Taptalk" but I think that no longer works. any suggestions for those of us heading to Turkey?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm writing this on my phone using forum runner.
never heard of that... thats the app's name, I suppose?

and Eric I guess you're using a "smartphone". Just want to make sure we give details be cause people are still using old "flip phones"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Forum Runner... cost $1.99 in the "Play Store" and doesn't get great comments from the purchasers

Reaction Score
never heard of that... thats the app's name, I suppose?

and Eric I guess you're using a "smartphone". Just want to make sure we give details be cause people are still using old "flip phones"
BY is only one of 10,000 reasons for those still using a flip phone to bite the bullet and get a modern mobile device

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
BY is only one of 10,000 reasons for those still using a flip phone to bite the bullet and get a modern mobile device
it took me a while to get a modern mobile device... and Im "young and hip"
I have tablet, laptop and desktop and just thought a "smartphone" was too much for me (I didn't want to have access to the internet at all time)
I do text a lot and thought my regular "flip keyboard" phone was just enough until it started acting funny and I was "forced" into the SmartPhone world due to the lack of basic keyboard cell phones these days

Reaction Score
it took me a while to get a modern mobile device... and Im "young and hip"
I have tablet, laptop and desktop and just thought a "smartphone" was too much for me (I didn't want to have access to the internet at all time)
I do text a lot and thought my regular "flip keyboard" phone was just enough until it started acting funny and I was "forced" into the SmartPhone world due to the lack of basic keyboard cell phones these days
My brother is a PhD but said he would never use a cell phone. Being constantly 'connected' - even just by simple cell phone access - just didn't make sense to him. He got over it, but sometimes I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Now I want to upgrade my iPhone, and the decision is whether to get the normal sized iPhone 6 or the huge-screen, iPad-obsoleting iPhone 6+. And the only factor seems to be if the 6+ would fit in my pocket. Sorta like taking "Crackberry" to a whole new level. Sometimes I just wonder if it's healthy.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I just dont like that prices of service doesnt go down... but up

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Forget Forum Runner - waste of time and two bucks.

The Boneyard has a mobile mode which is far better and requires no app.

Use your cell phone's browser, be it Chrome or Safari or whatever Windows Phone uses as a browser.

Go to your account from the phone browser or your desktop/laptop. Hover or click over your name in the upper right corner of the menu bar, next to "Inbox" and "Alerts".

A drop down menu will appear....let your eyes wander down the list to "Preferences". (It may be hard to see because on a phone, it tends to be a translucent field that lets the background show through. Squint really hard and you'll see it part-way down on the left side of the menu.)

Click on Preferences.

You will then be presented with a box announcing your "browsing preferences".

In the very top field, select "Mobile Style". It will be a little hard to see because it's often black writing on a dark blue background, but squint really hard and make sure Mobile Style is selected.

Scroll down, hit Save Changes and you are done. It will show you the mobile version of the site whenever you visit.

Reaction Score
Thanks, Fishy!!................I just used "Mobile Style" for writing this reply.
I will definitely connect to The Boneyard using my Galaxy Note 3 more often from now on. It looks great! Thanks again.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Eric I guess you're using a "smartphone". Just want to make sure we give details be cause people are still using old "flip phones"

The directions for using a flip phone are basically the same, but with a couple of extra steps.

Before going to Preferences menu, open your flip phone and place it on a solid surface.

Pick up something heavy and furiously smash the phone until its beeping heart beeps its last.

Then head out, get a smartphone and pick up the instructions above.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm using "mobile style" to type this, thanks Fish you're the man!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Eric, I think you'll need a data plan in Turkey--or use WiFi at the hotel and wherever it's available. I'm in Munich, where the airport has free WiFi. I should be in Istanbul in 4 hours. Excitement!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
be careful of the wifi there... I hear hacking is at an alltime high

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dang, I was asleep and Fishy beat me to the mobile tip. I need to go back to never sleeping.

Reaction Score
We could leave you our phone numbers, and yo could set up a conference call......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom