Is the BYU/UConn game sold out? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is the BYU/UConn game sold out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Thanks. So, roughly two and half hours on a Friday night as long as I leave by 4pm.
Outside of the 95 loop yes. I used to like in Waltham and could make it to the Rent in 90 min no traffic, adding an hour for a Friday night is fair.

Reaction Score
Thanks. So, roughly two and half hours on a Friday night as long as I leave by 4pm.
4pm would be cutting it very, very close. If you're coming out of the city, traffic on 90 can be brutal on Fridays - there have been epic traffic gridlocks on Friday afternoons getting out of the city. It's also the beginning of college move-in weekend and the annual everybody in the city moves on/around Sept. 1 weekend, so the amount of cars on the road will be higher than normal. If you want to ensure you can get to East Hartford, park, and be in your seat by kickoff, I'd leave no later than 3-315. That is, if you're coming from inside the city, elsewhere it'd be different depending on where.

Reaction Score
Well, a few too many purported UCONN fans feel the need to kick back their 12th pre-game beer before meandering into The Rent late and sometimes finding their seats. On the other hand, that might not be a reasonable excuse for tardy fans arriving at LaVell Edwards Stadium. What's their excuse? Exceedingly heavy Provo traffic?

... never quite understood why people buy tickers to any event, arrive late, depart early, drink so much they can't walk le
t alone the game, concert, etc., but call me crazy. If it leads to more people getting in their seats before kickoff, maybe the 1/2 cut off or encouragement to shut things down before kickoff has some merit. Don't see it working all too well, but it would be great of more people act like fans by finding their seats before kickoff versus the 2nd quarter. Yup, crazzzzy concept. Go Huskies!

I don't u derstand
Well, a few too many purported UCONN fans feel the need to kick back their 12th pre-game beer before meandering into The Rent late and sometimes finding their seats. On the other hand, that might not be a reasonable excuse for tardy fans arriving at LaVell Edwards Stadium. What's their excuse? Exceedingly heavy Provo traffic?

... never quite understood why people buy tickers to any event, arrive late, depart early, drink so much they can't walk let alone the game, concert, etc., but call me crazy. If it leads to more people getting in their seats before kickoff, maybe the 1/2 cut off or encouragement to shut things down before kickoff has some merit. Don't see it working all too well, but it would be great of more people act like fans by finding their seats before kickoff versus the 2nd quarter. Yup, crazzzzy concept. Go Huskies!

... never quite understood why people buy tickers to any event, arrive late, depart early, drink so much they can't walk let alone the game, concert, etc., but call me crazy. If it leads to more people getting in their seats before kickoff, maybe the 1/2 cut off or encouragement to shut things down before kickoff has some merit. Don't see it working all too well, but it would be great of more people act like fans by finding their seats before kickoff versus the 2nd quarter. Yup, crazzzzy concept. Go Huskies!

Well Da_Aisijimo_Gou I wish I could tell you why BYU fans are procastinators when it comes to everythng in live but we (speaing generally and not inividually). I have season tickets and my wife and I have the habit of showing up at least an hour early. I guess there are as many excuses as there are people who are constantly late. One game an older couple got to their seats at the start of the 2nd half and they were gone by the end of the 3rd quarter. I could have understood why they left if the game was a blowout one way or the other but the difference in the score was less than a touchdown. Another issue we have with our fans is their refusal to wear Blue so our crowd looks like a big bowl of Skittles. We also have some fans who stubbornly stand most of the game, even if the people behind them are really old and can't stand up to watch the whole game. I agree that standing can be a good thing but when it impedes someone else from ejoying the game then common courtesy should dictate that the standers should sit except for big plays.

Traffic in between Salt Lake City and Provo can be really cogested and if an accdent does occur the freeway turns into a very long parking lot. As I said my wife and I are always early, once 6 hours early. BYU happens to be the worst university in the world when it comes to tailgating, probably becasue of the church who owns the school has a policy against alcohol. We do have about the fewest trouble with intoxicatoin though and also very few fights in the stands because some drunk says something offensive to someone who isn't drunk.

Good luck Huskies, just not too much luck.

Reaction Score
I was in Michigan Stadium for the opener in 2010. The noise generated by 113k didn't match some of the biggest games at the Rent. The Pitt game in 04 and the Michigan game last year were the loudest games I've attended at the Rent. Both were night games. I expect a rowdy crowd rallying behind the new coach.
Loved that Pitt game (thanks Joyce!).

Reaction Score
Another issue we have with our fans is their refusal to wear Blue so our crowd looks like a big bowl of Skittles.

Hmm . . . funny that we've never had that problem. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
4pm would be cutting it very, very close. If you're coming out of the city, traffic on 90 can be brutal on Fridays - there have been epic traffic gridlocks on Friday afternoons getting out of the city. It's also the beginning of college move-in weekend and the annual everybody in the city moves on/around Sept. 1 weekend, so the amount of cars on the road will be higher than normal. If you want to ensure you can get to East Hartford, park, and be in your seat by kickoff, I'd leave no later than 3-315. That is, if you're coming from inside the city, elsewhere it'd be different depending on where.

Thanks. I figured it would be a challenging weekend/time to drive down, which is why I was trying to get a read on the overall logistics. Hopefully the schedule works out.

Reaction Score
I'm with JMoney on this. I've brought friends with me. Friends of my son and his father. They've never paid for a ticket or parking. I provide most of the tailgate. You know how many repeat customers I get? You know how people have bought tix to future games? Nada.

People just have other things to do. The diehards make this part of their fall ritual. But with my son now playing football, I'm forced to choose. Which isn't a choice. We just got his schedule this week. He has a game on 9/13 at 3 PM on the shore. I'll likely miss the Boise game. Not thrilled but I'd rather go see my son play. Wished they would move Pop Warner games to Sunday.

Wish we could have played Boise at night. 2 Sat noon games in a row competes with a lot of family issues. And yes there are a number of "die-hards" who's jobs, distance and family make season tix impractical. Taking a slight loss is one thing but seeing tickets wasted is another. Still working on getting a group I can count on who wants to be here multiple games. When that happens I'll be happy to buy in even with scheduling conflicts and the occasional giveaway. Winning will cure a lot of this but it's an uphill battle right now.

So are we sold out yet for BYU?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Another issue we have with our fans is their refusal to wear Blue so our crowd looks like a big bowl of Skittles..

I've come to the conclusion that dark blue is the worst color for a school to have.

First, if you try to have a "blue-out", everyone looks like an empty seat.

Second, if you try to have a "white-out" to compensate for the difficulties of having a "blue-out", the people who don't wear white because all they have is blue look even more like an empty seat than usual.

Basically, if you're starting a school tomorrow, pick red.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll stop using the RGIII quote the minute everyone else on the planet stops referencing the 4,000 tickets we bought for the Fiesta Bowl, because at least the RGIII quote is accurate.
I'll stop using the RGIII quote...in 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Wish we could have played Boise at night. 2 Sat noon games in a row competes with a lot of family issues. And yes there are a number of "die-hards" who's jobs, distance and family make season tix impractical. Taking a slight loss is one thing but seeing tickets wasted is another. Still working on getting a group I can count on who wants to be here multiple games. When that happens I'll be happy to buy in even with scheduling conflicts and the occasional giveaway. Winning will cure a lot of this but it's an uphill battle right now.

So are we sold out yet for BYU?

Maybe late to do anything this year, but you should be able to find a few guys here that would be willing and able to go in on tix. Heck I would do it. Most games it's just me and my son. Dan97 may be interested. There's gotta be a few people here in the same situation. I'm gonna put this out there in the spring. If I don't forget. There's a 90% chance I forget. But I'll try.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Maybe late to do anything this year, but you should be able to find a few guys here that would be willing and able to go in on tix. Heck I would do it. Most games it's just me and my son. Dan97 may be interested. There's gotta be a few people here in the same situation. I'm gonna put this out there in the spring. If I don't forget. There's a 90% chance I forget. But I'll try.

My brother and a handful of his friends have a set of 4 Red Sox season tix. They divy them up in pairs (162 total pairs) using a snake draft before the beginning of the season. You could do the same thing with four or six seats here either figure it out in singles or pairs. I'd be interested but 7,000 miles is a long way to travel even for a UCONN football game.

Reaction Score

This is a great idea - I'm sure there is someone that will remember. Also don't recall if this is year 3 of the 3 year commitment.

If that's the case, it will be a new commitment and the perfect time to do it, because if someone from here is the buyer can get good seats for the group.

Reaction Score
Those are resale tickets no? So they have already been sold.
Yeah true but UConn actually goes by tickets scanned. Memphis and Rutgers games had smaller attendance than season tickets.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have a dream. A dream that someday UConn will just price the tickets correctly...

I'm afraid it is fated to stay a dream. UConn effed up the pricing from the very beginning and we are still paying the price.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm with JMoney on this. I've brought friends with me. Friends of my son and his father. They've never paid for a ticket or parking. I provide most of the tailgate. You know how many repeat customers I get? You know how people have bought tix to future games? Nada.

People just have other things to do. The diehards make this part of their fall ritual. But with my son now playing football, I'm forced to choose. Which isn't a choice. We just got his schedule this week. He has a game on 9/13 at 3 PM on the shore. I'll likely miss the Boise game. Not thrilled but I'd rather go see my son play. Wished they would move Pop Warner games to Sunday.

You paid for the father of your son's friend, and they wouldn't even chip in a little for parking? I think the issue is that you need new friends...

Reaction Score
I would love to see a huge crowd for the Husky Walk. Set the tone for the team and season. And show the team and coaching staff we got their backs.

As far as I am concerned Friday night we start playing for our future home in a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
BYU has a huge national fanbase. If you've been following BYU's fan box promotion, you know that BYU has fans in every state of the union. Hundreds and sometimes thousands of BYU fans would show up to try to get a Y box full of all sorts of goodies.

BYU also won the NCAA's 6th fan award earlier this year because BYU's national and international fan base submitted millions of votes and we even beat out schools like Ohio State to win.

So UCONN's opener vs. BYU will sell out because so many BYU fans will be there to see the game. You're welcome.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So UCONN's opener vs. BYU will sell out because so many BYU fans will be there to see the game. You're welcome.

Patently false.

Because they are Early season Saturday After noon games, I want to bring my wife and 2 y.o. son to Stony Brook and Boise St, weather permitting. There aren't many tickets left for those either and will probably be announced sellouts. At this point there are no seats left in my section, So I will just be looking for them to get in the door.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yawn.....I hope BYU daughters' sake BYUsons aren't as douchy as BYU dads. I feel badly for BYU moms.

Just one apple in the orchard. The other BYU fans who have posted here have been extremely pleasant and insightful without feeling the need to talk down to us as if we're some sort of low budget G5 outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom