Is the BY really, slow today??? | The Boneyard

Is the BY really, slow today???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Having a lot of trouble accessing the site and threads. Doesn't seem to be a problem on other sites.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Thanks temery. I hear you but trust me, other sites load immediately and BY is taking forever (or is timing out). Weird. Just noticed it starting this afternoon. Also experiencing similar issues with ForumRunner.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Thanks temery. I hear you but trust me, other sites load immediately and BY is taking forever (or is timing out). Weird. Just noticed it starting this afternoon. Also experiencing similar issues with ForumRunner.

You should use the mobile style instead of forum runner.

Reaction Score
Sorry to say, but it's all the new ads that one can no longer block. Each ad comes from a separate website which if it is busy will cause the calling (linked) website to also be slow because this website is blocked (stalled) until the linked website responds. Same deal with googleapis, and all the other visitation totaling websites which are also linked, but behind the scenes.

At least this message board is not as bad as most college athletic sites which have one or more videos running automatically when you visit them. Each one of them has to transmit the video while the rest of the site comes up.It's a stupid way to program them, but that is SOP today for "hot shot" web designers.

I have DSL and it's pretty bad all over, not just here. If you have cable as an ISP, then you are probably OK...for now.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Still having no service problems all day on DSL.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Sorry to say, but it's all the new ads that one can no longer block. Each ad comes from a separate website which if it is busy will cause the calling (linked) website to also be slow because this website is blocked (stalled) until the linked website responds. Same deal with googleapis, and all the other visitation totaling websites which are also linked, but behind the scenes.

At least this message board is not as bad as most college athletic sites which have one or more videos running automatically when you visit them. Each one of them has to transmit the video while the rest of the site comes up.It's a stupid way to program them, but that is SOP today for "hot shot" web designers.

I have DSL and it's pretty bad all over, not just here. If you have cable as an ISP, then you are probably OK...for now.

Try now.

Reaction Score

I have DSL and had the same issues you mention. Temery suggested I log on and switch to mobile style (in preferences) and it got much better.....as long as I am logged on. If I want to just browse the site without logging on then I still get the adblock issues and page stalling.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Much better this morning. Thanks.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Does the Boneyard get credit when people play the games on the bottom of the window?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Does the Boneyard get credit when people play the games on the bottom of the window?

No. I can turn the chat and associated games into income, but there is no need at this point.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
No. I can turn the chat and associated games into income, but there is no need at this point.

I just was hoping I was being Boneyard productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom