Is Salvadores eligible to enroll at Duke? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Salvadores eligible to enroll at Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her play this summer was spotty, but I think that she is going to do well at Duke. I do agree with wes33 though, JPM is the wild card in dealing with all Blue Devil players.

I don't collect data, or stats, I just go on PERCEPTIONS. As another has said" In our society PERCEPTION is everything. I like to give Coach JPM of Duke the benefit of any doubt. In the past 5 years has her teams dropped out of the top 20?? If, so, not many times.
As bad as she has been depicted she does recruit well--so kids are seeing something in her and her coaching. Yea I know--kids 17 to 20 are not great at evaluating what they are told--they thrive on PERCEPTIONS. We shall see what we shall see--no truer words were ever spoken!!

Reaction Score
I assume you are joking. It's pretty much impossible to imagine that someone just learning the English language could conceivably handle the academic rigors of a top university. unless they offer a 4 year ESL degree program:rolleyes:. After all, we're talking about Duke here, not UNC.
In Genos bookIn Pursuit of Perfection he said Abrosinova would take notes in Russian during class and translate them to English because she was just learning English but still had good grades.

Reaction Score
In Genos bookIn Pursuit of Perfection he said Abrosinova would take notes in Russian during class and translate them to English because she was just learning English but still had good grades.
But there was no Russian word for "pass", so she arbitrarily translated it to the Russian word for "shoot"

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Her play this summer was spotty, but I think that she is going to do well at Duke. I do agree with wes33 though, JPM is the wild card in dealing with all Blue Devil players.

Well she is still playing... Team Espana into the U-18 European Semis vs Italy. France vs Russia in the other semis.

Reaction Score
Well Triad I've been in your corner from the beginning about Salvadores. We'll see how she adjusts (to the US, JPM, and the collegiate game), and while I won't be rooting for her in any game where she faces UCONN, I hope she makes a difference for you on the court.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well Triad I've been in your corner from the beginning about Salvadores. We'll see how she adjusts (to the US, JPM, and the collegiate game), and while I won't be rooting for her in any game where she faces UCONN, I hope she makes a difference for you on the court.

Im interested to see where she fits into the starting lineup. (I cant imagine her not starting) Will she start at SG with a freshman Lambert as PG. Moving Greenwell to SF and Stevens to PF. Or will she start at PG with Greenwell staying at the SG and Stevens at SF. My biggest concern with her is will her body hold up for the upcoming season. Its like she has been playing non-stop basketball for the past year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Her play this summer was spotty, .

Maybe a few bad games here and there ;)

But anyway.. Today Salvadores led Team Espana to the European U18 championship with a victory over France 76-60. Was an pretty exciting game.... the game was closer than the final score indicates. She won the tournament MVP again. Absolutely took over the game in the 3rd quarter with 13 points. Poor sportsmanship on the part of the French team.... didnt even bother to stick around to shake the hands of the victors :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Salvadores has met all qualifications and has been cleared by Duke admissions.

She will arrive in Durham for the beginning of the fall semester once she and Spain are finished competing at the FIBA U18 European Championship (medal play starts August 7; the championship game is August 9).

duke.jpg

:cool: Finally

Reaction Score
Well good luck to her. In the end she had a good summer. I think that she is going to be a star for you and Greenwell should be helped by her being on the court. Stevens is the real deal and most teams are going to have trouble stopping her. You're young but it should be an exciting year for you Dookies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I got into a lot of trouble using the BALLHOG term for a Tenn player on the Boneyard.

With the loss of lots of grey matter to be sure, but I cannot ever remember Svetlana Abrovamosa being called BALLHOG!

Geno
with a number of players, in the media, loved to "motivate" them by using negativisms. Sveta generally gave Geno as good as she received in barbs. I believe this to be true: All Uconn fans of that time loved everything about Sevta especially her game.

How soon they forget!

ODE TO THE BALLHOG CHICK by JS
The Legend of the Ballhog Chick by JS
The Return of the Ballhog Chick by JS
The Legacy of the Ballhog Chick by JS

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This makes me so happy. This is the year we have a good blend of forwards AND guards. JPM, your move.

Betcha she says that we are too young in the backcourt this season.

Reaction Score
Wow I didn't realize Duke had the #1 recruiting class coming in! This year is going to be a lot of fun watching all the tops teams and how they develop. I've always been a big Greenwell fan, I'm interested to see how she's developed over the summer!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Us old Boneyarders were inspired by Diana, especially Biff with his Boneyard Magazine covers and JS's immortal odes.

As I have posted before, Duke Ellington had a perfect way to describe genius-level talent (e.g., Art Tatum, Lionel Hampton, Ella FitzGerald). His ultimate praise was "Beyond category!"

Classify Geno, Diana, Biff an JS as having Beyond Category talent. :)

Reaction Score
Betcha she says that we are too young in the backcourt this season.
That will be the day I'm officially done with JPM. You and Lexie brown both teaching the guards that won't be acceptable. If we stay injury free NO MORE EXCUSES.

Reaction Score
That will be the day I'm officially done with JPM. You and Lexie brown both teaching the guards that won't be acceptable. If we stay injury free NO MORE EXCUSES.
Now why did you take the thunder from the JPM dislikers on the Boneyard??? You have to leave a little meat on her bones to be chewed by strangers.

Reaction Score
Us old Boneyarders were inspired by Diana, especially Biff with his Boneyard Magazine covers and JS's immortal odes.

As I have posted before, Duke Ellington had a perfect way to describe genius-level talent (e.g., Art Tatum, Lionel Hampton, Ella FitzGerald). His ultimate praise was "Beyond category!"

Apparently you liked ummm's and SCAT. (Lionel um'ed as he played the vibes, Ella as she was known to the world, was a master of all of the Musical modes of the time, and then some) That's just a Tisket to me!! Or a Tasket to you!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
She's gonna mess it up, just like she always does.
And bitch and whine to the media.
Not optimistic.

Reaction Score

Ummmmm, isn't it "We" old Boneyarders? You'd probably not want to say "Us were inspired"!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Ummmmm, isn't it "We" old Boneyarders? You'd probably not want to say "Us were inspired"!

Good catch! Careless me - I forgot the very simple rule when leading off with "we" or "us": Imagine the sentence without the noun. Thus, "We [old Boneyarders] were inspired."

So I have been hoist on my own ahem.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc