Is KML the best pure.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is KML the best pure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I thought they moved it this year? LINK

Which makes it even more incredible that she's shooting a higher percentage this season.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I thought they moved it this year? LINK

Which makes it even more incredible that she's shooting a higher percentage this season.
The date on the article was May 27, 2011, prior to the start of the 2011-2012 season.

Reaction Score
You lost me there....
looks scared meaning she plays scared. it's a term we use to illustrate a good player in relation to playing a tough opponent or in a close game. Example....in 7 of notre dame's close games or games with a tough opponent, diggins made 35 field goals out of 123 attempts. These were against baylor, uconn, a&m, s. fla., ohio state, and ucla. If my math is correct, that's 28% fgp. doesn't mean she's scared while playing, it means she is not the same player when playing tough games versus padding her stats playing the weaker opponents.

Reaction Score
follow up why kml is the best player in wcbb. Comparing her stats in 7 big games, and i will use the games against notre dame, st. john's (don't forget no steph), duke, maryland, penn state, stanford, and a&m., kml made 43 out of 81 attempts for a fgp of 53%.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Seems like UConn likes KML's shooting so much they are sending CD back to KML's HS to watch a possible future UConn shooter in KLS at tonites HS game in the OC.

note the game is an away game for MD, not a home game.

Looks like Mater Dei won big last night (57-17). Can you confirm that CD was at the game? And how did Katie Lou do?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One other thing...KML is also shooting from at least 9 inches further back than any of the previous shooters had to shoot from in their time during college. Prior to her freshman season is when they moved the line.
Excellent point, Bruin. I had forgotten that in this discussion. Maybe that's part of why she shot "only" 39% last year, as she was adjusting. Adjustment complete.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
looks scared meaning she plays scared. it's a term we use to illustrate a good player in relation to playing a tough opponent or in a close game. Example....in 7 of notre dame's close games or games with a tough opponent, diggins made 35 field goals out of 123 attempts. These were against baylor, uconn, a&m, s. fla., ohio state, and ucla. If my math is correct, that's 28% fgp. doesn't mean she's scared while playing, it means she is not the same player when playing tough games versus padding her stats playing the weaker opponents.
If your numbers are correct, this also means she is taking 10.5 shots per game against lesser opponents and 17.6 against the better teams - aka, trying to do too much. It's much easier to defend someone when you know what they will do.

With Skylar, if you look at her Assists, TOs and A/TO's, they also help tell part of the story. Total assists - 124 (5.6), Total TOs (3.4) - A/TO 1.6.
In those 7 games (I included Tennessee, as you only listed 6 teams) A-4.9, TO 4.4 = A/TO 1.1. In the other 15 games, A-90 (6), TO-43 (2.9) = A/TO 2.1.

The question becomes, is her lesser performance due to her attempt to do too much or just due to the other teams increased talent/competitiveness or both? I would say it is both, but 75% her pushing too much and 25% influence from the other team.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Looks like Mater Dei won big last night (57-17). Can you confirm that CD was at the game? And how did Katie Lou do?
I didnt go last night. Katie Lou Samuelson had 19 points.
I was told that CD and Beth Cunningham, from Notre Dame, were both going to her game last night. The person who told me knows whats going on.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I didnt go last night. Katie Lou Samuelson had 19 points.
I was told that CD and Beth Cunningham, from Notre Dame, were both going to her game last night. The person who told me knows whats going on.

Thanks. I have no reason to doubt your source. The team is off for a couple of days so it makes sense that CD would be on the road recruiting. It seems that UConn and ND are both very high on KLS's list.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks. I have no reason to doubt your source. The team is off for a couple of days so it makes sense that CD would be on the road recruiting. It seems that UConn and ND are both very high on KLS's list.
Geez. We have a Samuelson who is open minded to schools other than Stanford, and she's considering Notre Dame. I'm going to be sick! :)

Reaction Score
One other thing...KML is also shooting from at least 9 inches further back than any of the previous shooters had to shoot from in their time during college. Prior to her freshman season is when they moved the line.
And she's usually been a good body length beyond that line. ;^)

Reaction Score
Yes, Kaleena is the best "pure shooter" we've ever had and will likely end up with all the records for made 3's and 3pt%.

I'd still give Maya the nod for best deep range and shooting form.

And I'd still give Dee the nod for best clutch shooting.
Absolutely agree on all three points!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
DT had a flar for the dramatic. When UConn needed a basket she made it under unbeleiveable pressure and conditions. The shots she made in big games Texas in the NCAAs and a bunch againest Tenn including the one at the top of the key, the one in the corner and of course the one at the buzzer from 65ft were pure magic. In the Final 4 she took games over and was unstoppable. Her determination was at a level that when the pressure was on, she performed at a higher level. There may never be another Diana.

KML is the best pure shooter and her game has improved unbeleivablely both inside and out and on defense. KML is driven to be the best. I dont know how KML can not be a first team AA this season. I rate her right there with Griner and EDD. As far as improvement goes BB Stef Kelly have made unbeleivable strides and Bria and Kiah are emerging. This maybe the most improved team individually and team wise ever.

As far as All AMericans. KML Stef Bria for sure this year and next. BB Breanna MJ Tuck and Kiah next season too. We could very well have all 8 returning players on the AA team. What we saw on Tuesday is kinda where I thought we'd be this season. Injuries and sickness curtailed that. If tomorrow resembles what we saw on Tuesday from Bria and Caroline UConn will be unbeatable because it will be almost impossible to defend them. UConn scored over 90 pts on Tuesday and Geno called off the dogs in the second half. There is no team in WCBB that can put up points like that and play that kind of defense.

Reaction Score
Yes, she is. I'm literally shocked anytime she misses a 3-pointer. And that pull-up jumper has become deadly, too.

The best KML comparison I've heard so far is that she has Paul Pierce's game...with Ray Allen's jumper. Not a bad combo right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom