Is Jokic entering Jordan territory? | The Boneyard

Is Jokic entering Jordan territory?

Reaction Score
Would he be there already if he had his Pippen? He is not an athlete in the class of the Greek Freak or Jordan, but he controls a basketball game just as well if not better. Before last night, 30, 20, 10 was never done in the finals .

The Nuggets haven't even finished this series but you could see them being a fixture late in the playoffs for years to come if he stays healthy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Long way to go but he just did to the NBA what MJ did when they got bored naming him MVP so they'd give it to Barkley or Malone just for drama.

Watching Jokic in the playoffs highlighted the absurdity of giving the MVP to Embiid.

Most dominant player and doing things no other 4/5 has ever done and something only a few have ever done statistically.

Embiid had a nice season which many centers have done- 30ppg and more than 10 rpg isn't unheard of for a dominant center. Yes, he was efficient and scored on more jump shots and 3's and shoots FT's at a riduculously good rate for a center but many have scored as much as him.
I'd like to see how Embiid 's season stacked up against Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Hakeem and even second tier centers in history of NBA.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I could conceivably see him with the likes of Kobe, Wilt, etc in competition for 3rd best player ever.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I could conceivably see him with the likes of Kobe, Wilt, etc in competition for 3rd best player ever.

I think top 4 are locked down.

I got MJ #1.

2/3/4 are Magic, Lebron and Kareem and I'd listen to arguments for all 3. Personally I still like Magic at #2 but I realize others see it differently.

Jokic would need several more titles, a couple more MVP's to try and crack the top 4.

Reaction Score
Lol, neither Kobe nor Wilt are even close to being the 3rd best player ever.

MJ and LeBron are objectively the two best players ever. After that, you have Kareem, Magic, Bird, Duncan, and Russell in some order.

Wilt and Kobe belong in that next tier with Shaq, Hakeem, Curry, Durant, etc.

Reaction Score
Would he be there already if he had his Pippen? He is not an athlete in the class of the Greek Freak or Jordan, but he controls a basketball game just as well if not better. Before last night, 30, 20, 10 was never done in the finals .

The Nuggets haven't even finished this series but you could see them being a fixture late in the playoffs for years to come if he stays healthy.

As the old axiom goes, anytime a headline is in the form of a yes/no question, the answer is always no.

But anyways, no, winning a championship in one of the worst years of NBA basketball I've seen in memory does not mean Jokic is on Jordan's level.

Reaction Score
Let’s see him win rings first then maybe another gotta win at least 3 to have somewhat of a GOAT conversation.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The MVP award is generally stupid.

Jordan and LeBron should need an extra room in their houses for the MVPs they should have won, but it gets passed around just for the sake of it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let’s see him win rings first then maybe another gotta win at least 3 to have somewhat of a GOAT conversation.
So no Wilt?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom