Is it time to fire Geno? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is it time to fire Geno?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Although your bullet points are spot on, I don’t believe Geno should go. First, let’s give him a chance to take this injury riddled but still very talented team up to UCONN standards, meet their potential and emerge victorious..

Second, his halftime interviews on SNY are always amusing.

I vote we keep him.. let’s re-access after the Butler game. If we don’t beat them by 60 points, maybe a more serious look at the situation is warranted.
Agree. IF they only win by 59, he's out....

Reaction Score
Possibly what many of The Boneyarders might be saying about this thread

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Poor Holly. She’s a terrible coach but everything I’ve seen and heard about her says she’s a lovely person. Maybe we can stop kicking her when she’s down?

I didn't know until recently that Holly was the first Tennessee athlete, male or female, to have her number retired.

And while I am one of those who often vocalized that she was an underperforming coach given the talent she had, she did leave with a winning percentage of > 70%. That isn't too shabby.

I don't visit VolNation very much these days, but I thought I saw someone post there recently that she's now doing basketball announcing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Poor Holly. She’s a terrible coach but everything I’ve seen and heard about her says she’s a lovely person. Maybe we can stop kicking her when she’s down?

I’ve met her and she is. Maybe sometime it’s OK to laugh at a good natured joke without turning it into a larger moral question or life issue?

Reaction Score
Holly was a co-announcer for the Georgia versus Texas Tech game on Dec 2 and did a reasonable job.

Reaction Score
ask me that question again if another starter picks up a serious injury in the last minute of a 20 pt win once the team is healthy again......;)

Reaction Score
I didn't know until recently that Holly was the first Tennessee athlete, male or female, to have her number retired.

And while I am one of those who often vocalized that she was an underperforming coach given the talent she had, she did leave with a winning percentage of > 70%. That isn't too shabby.

I don't visit VolNation very much these days, but I thought I saw someone post there recently that she's now doing basketball announcing.
nice person and great player but if you coached those teams you'd have a 68% winning percentage..........:rolleyes:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Holly's number was retired in timely fashion. unfortunately for UTWBB, Holly was not.

Reaction Score
What's the tough spot? I don't see it. He still has the most talented team in the Big East. This is a perfect moment to see what the non-injured players have for mettle. Good chance this turns into a silver lining moment when one of the quieter kids on the roster gets the court time and attention to put it all together and become a "go-to" player for the first time. Looking forward to seeing what happens, assuming that it might be a choppy experience at the outset.
when you have two number one rated high school all americans, two top six rated high school players, an All Big Ten post and a member of the Canadian national basketball team you're dealing with some slim pickens.......:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hmmm....Let's see. More national championships than any coach in history. More former UCONN players in the WNBA than any other college. 4 National Championships in the past 10 years. So, who are you going to replace him with? Nobody in history has done this!

Reaction Score
Is it time to fire Geno? Really?

Did you have any idea of the reaction it would have from the UConn faithful ?

Did Orson Wells in 1938?

Reaction Score
Life is pretty good when UConn WBB losing a game or games is the worst thing that could possibly happen in one’s day.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Life is pretty good when UConn WBB losing a game or games is the worst thing that could possibly happen in one’s day.
Luckily, it's a rarity :) (as I reach for some BP medicine).

Reaction Score
darn you mean Shea Ralph now has to go back to cold winter Connecticut and leave behind the flashy city of Nashville in a power 5 sec football conference? darn!

Reaction Score

Is it time to fire Geno?​

Who would do it? He handed in his resignation last year handing the clipboard to Autumn. Neither the school or the fans accepted it. I am afraid we are stuck with him! :D

sun

Reaction Score
Maybe they'll even make a Hollywood movie about him.

i opened this thread with hopes of finding a few chuckles, and of course there indeed was a bit of BY wit ... but also the above brilliant idea, which some mogul can steal. go right ahead and merry christmas to her or him!

(or at least some BYer could work up a proposal on spec!)

If not a Hollywood feature film then Geno will at least get a Ken Burns documentary.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
The only thing that hurts this team are the injuries and the fact that many teams are catching up with respect to talent.Years ago,there were only a couple teams that could hurt the teams hunt for a successful season/post season.Now there are better talented teams than ever before.I think,if this present team keeps winning and winning handily while in their present state,that,the coaches and players should get shares in Amazon and other big companies because they sure will earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom