Is AAC 3rd Seed In Reach? | The Boneyard

Is AAC 3rd Seed In Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the tie beaker for teams that have split is % wins against higher seeded teams (as I think it was in the old BE) and if we win out, then I believe we pass Temple for 4th.

Since Cincy has won both games with SMU and will play TLSA only once, I think they would have to lose both of their last 2 games (incl MEM at home) for us to pass them outright.

Do I have this right? I agree we would probably have to win the AAC tourney to get to the dance - but finishing 3rd at least puts us in the bubble conversation if we were to lose in the ACC final. Finishing 3rd also means we might avoid SMU until that final tourney game (assuming SMU beats TLSA at home next weekend to cling the 1 seed).

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
If the tie beaker for teams that have split is % wins against higher seeded teams (as I think it was in the old BE) and if we win out, then I believe we pass Temple for 4th.

Since Cincy has won both games with SMU and will play TLSA only once, I think they would have to lose both of their last 2 games (incl MEM at home) for us to pass them outright.

Do I have this right? I agree we would probably have to win the AAC tourney to get to the dance - but finishing 3rd at least puts us in the bubble conversation if we were to lose in the ACC final. Finishing 3rd also means we might avoid SMU until that final tourney game (assuming SMU beats TLSA at home next weekend to cling the 1 seed).

Do we have to win the AAC tournament to cross over to the ACC tournament to play in their final?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
idc where we finish as long as we have night games during the week... i would also prefer them on the weekend too... the st patty day parade is that friday so itll be mayhem during the day... good way to pregame though

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
UConn gets the 3 seed if:
1) UConn wins out to finish 12-6
2) Cincinnati and Temple lose out to finish 11-7

OR

1) UConn and Cincinnati finished tied at 12-6
2) Cincinnati's loss is to Tulsa
3) Temple finishes 11-7
4) Tulsa wins the conference (finishes 16-2)

OR

1) UConn, Cincinnati and Temple all finish 12-6
2) Cincinnati loss is to Tusa
3) Tulsa wins the conference (finishes 16-2)

Basically, Cincinnati holds the tie-breaker over everyone as long as SMU finishes 1st (by virtue of a season sweep). If Tulsa finishes first, then UConn holds the tie-breaker over Cincinnati (and Temple) as long as Cincinnati loses to Tulsa this week. If UC beats Tulsa on Wednesday, then Cincinnati will hold the tie-breaker over the other 10 teams in the conference.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Cincy has to lose 2, UConn has to win 2 to get the 3. Simple as that.

So we hold the tiebreaker over Temple as long as we win out? Good to know.

Reaction Score
Don't care about seed at this point. If we play like we did yesterday we win the AAC in front of our fans. *Mic Drop

Reaction Score
If we don't win the tournament but win out and get to the finals, does anyone think we have a prayer at an at large bid after Shabazz showed up Emmert on national TV last year?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Temple and Cincinnati have to lose their last two conference games and we have to win ours. We're only one game behind them in the standings but have to finish one game ahead to get 3rd place as even with us having the 2-0 finish and them going 0-2, they'll still have a better overall record than us. Damn those 2 buzzer beating threes.

Reaction Score
idc where we finish as long as we have night games during the week... i would also prefer them on the weekend too... the st patty day parade is that friday so itll be mayhem during the day... good way to pregame though
downtown hartford is an absolute sh1tshow for that parade. like out of control. Not sure if that was a good move... and the debauchery fills the streets not just the bars

Reaction Score
According to Kobe above, Cinn can split and we can get to 3rd provided Tulsa wins the conference.

This is incorrect. 1-1 over Tulsa for us does not win out against 0-1 Cincy in the tiebreaker, since they could have the same record if they played the team the same number of times.

Reaction Score
This is incorrect. 1-1 over Tulsa for us does not win out against 0-1 Cincy in the tiebreaker, since they could have the same record if they played the team the same number of times.
Yup. Just looked it up.

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 6.49.17 PM.png

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Disregard my last post, for some reason I thought you guys only played Tulsa once. I am an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom