Iowa Starting RB Marcus Coker transferring | The Boneyard

Iowa Starting RB Marcus Coker transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Starting tailback Marcus Coker has recieved his release from Iowa. He is a native of Beltsville MD/DeMatha Catholic...still has his redshirt year. He is 6-0 230lbs
2010 stats: 114 carries 622 yds 3 td 2 rec 23 yds
2011 stats: 280 carries 1384 yds 15 td. 21 rec 157 yds

I wonder with our run of transfers lately if P akes a look at him...2 years to play...big back we are looking for. Would give rb position some quality depth.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
couple things:
1-iowa does real well in the northeast, the rb i saw in the bowl game was a kid from albany that we were looking at not to long ago.
2-what the heck is going on there? several northeast kid have transfered lately.
3-coker got into some trouble there, he didn't play in the bowl game. that rules him out playing for RE at MD i bet. maybe we do take a look...

Reaction Score
No way does UConn consider him. Why bring that baggage into the program? He's not transferring because he's homesick for Pete's sake. UConn football isn't the Home for Incorrigible Boys, nor should it be.

Reaction Score
Can he play??? If he can, bring him in . . . period. Corrigible, Incorrigible. Can never have enough pitching . . . er. . . quality RB's.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: the kid was accused of sexual assualt back in October.

Innocent until proven guilty, but please, hands off this kid until this all plays out...

Reaction Score
No way does UConn consider him. Why bring that baggage into the program? He's not transferring because he's homesick for Pete's sake. UConn football isn't the Home for Incorrigible Boys, nor should it be.
That's my view, too. We've gotten where we've gotten without generally resorting to this kind of thing. No need to start now. this isn't basketball for heaven's sake...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yes, because we've brought in such awful human beings to play basketball.

Whatever got him thrown out of Iowa will keep him from getting any looks here.

Reaction Score
That's my view, too. We've gotten where we've gotten without generally resorting to this kind of thing. No need to start now. this isn't basketball for heaven's sake...

Yeah, that Ray Allen....pfffff...he is such a sleaze....he helps unfortunate children in the Boston metro area. How dare he visit children's hospitals and read to kids when UConn needs millions to get a new basketball facility. What a selfish man, I'm so glad he left before things got worse.

Even if that was sarcastic, I feel like I am going to hell.

Reaction Score
It was only partly sarcastic...the current group of guys seems awfully solid and personable, but let's face it, there was a period there when UCONN basketball seemed to require you have issues to be considered. Or have you forgotten Williams and Price and the case of the missing laptops, Doug "the cat burglar" Wiggins, and the ever popular Nate "What do you mean I have to obey court orders" Miles? And a bunch of other lesser lights...

Reaction Score
Don't forget Caron Butler, who started selling drugs at age 11. I'd stop watching if we brought in a guy like that.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If he is cleared of any worng doing I would have no issue bringing him in. I believe everyone deserves a second chance and can name a few that have gotten that chance at UConn in the past.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Caron Butler, who started selling drugs at age 11. I'd stop watching if we brought in a guy like that.

Look what Caron Butler became though. YOUng kids do deserve a second chance. BUt if his problems started in college, Idk if we can over look that. He should know right from wrong by now.

Reaction Score
It was only partly sarcastic...the current group of guys seems awfully solid and personable, but let's face it, there was a period there when UCONN basketball seemed to require you have issues to be considered. Or have you forgotten Williams and Price and the case of the missing laptops, Doug "the cat burglar" Wiggins, and the ever popular Nate "What do you mean I have to obey court orders" Miles? And a bunch of other lesser lights...
Erik Heyward.... Met him up at UConn one night. One of the quietest, most humble athletes I have ever met, but as an adult made an all time questionable decision.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
More details in article today. http://www.thonline.com/sports/other_sports/article_d6629f43-92a1-5493-93ba-dafd37e29f70.html

Iowa let him play in 5 regular season games after the rape allegations, but suspended him for the bowl game. Unclear whether the bowl suspension was related to the sexual assault or to other issues. The assualt matter has been droped.

I think it is safe to assume in a post-PSU world that any university would be loathe to try and resolve such matters internally.

Reaction Score
Look what Caron Butler became though. YOUng kids do deserve a second chance. BUt if his problems started in college, Idk if we can over look that. He should know right from wrong by now.

There you go. that is a big difference. by the time we recruited Butler, he had matured, and had his life back together. And I think he was about 20, so there was real evidence that he had turned things around. By all accounts he had gotten out of detention and cleaned up his act. I had zero problem with recruiting Butler. Miles was a very very differnet story and despite the fact that lots of people try and equate the two, it just doesn't square. And I agree...a guy who gets in trouble at 11 or 15 and has given evidence that he has changed his life is way different than a guy who gets in trouble at 19-20. Let him demonstrate that he's made changes, as Caron did, and he gets a 2nd chance. If he doesn't, I'm not sure why he should get one.

Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic.

Reaction Score
There you go. that is a big difference. by the time we recruited Butler, he had matured, and had his life back together. And I think he was about 20, so there was real evidence that he had turned things around. By all accounts he had gotten out of detention and cleaned up his act. I had zero problem with recruiting Butler. Miles was a very very differnet story and despite the fact that lots of people try and equate the two, it just doesn't square. And I agree...a guy who gets in trouble at 11 or 15 and has given evidence that he has changed his life is way different than a guy who gets in trouble at 19-20. Let him demonstrate that he's made changes, as Caron did, and he gets a 2nd chance. If he doesn't, I'm not sure why he should get one.

Almost all of the guys you always complain about never got into any real trouble in high school.

All of the guys you complain about were punished and/or kicked out once they got into trouble at UConn.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
The baggage he brings in is too much to handle I feel like.
He was suspended from Iowa's bowl game for disciplinary reasons.
The school said it had something to do with the UI Student-Athlete Code of Conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom