Invited Practice is 9am Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Anybody attending this year?

Reaction Score
Hmm, I'll be driving from mass down to CT Friday night, wondering if it's worth postponing until Saturday morning to drop in for this on the way down.

Anybody who attends this sort of thing, is it worth it? Is it amazing? Forgettable? Please give me your 2 cents. Living in mass now so I will not get a chance to see many games id imagine, this may be a must for me

Reaction Score
Hmm, I'll be driving from mass down to CT Friday night, wondering if it's worth postponing until Saturday morning to drop in for this on the way down.

Anybody who attends this sort of thing, is it worth it? Is it amazing? Forgettable? Please give me your 2 cents. Living in mass now so I will not get a chance to see many games id imagine, this may be a must for me
I went to one closed practice when JC was the coach. Must have been 2004 (season after the national championship). It was really cool to see how practice was conducted and see some of the new players. You're seeing something that most UConn fans will never see. Amazing? No. Forgettable? No. Somewhere in the middle. It's worth going if you can make the time.

I took my at the time 3 year old son. My son was talking louder than he should have been (there was nobody else in Gampel except the team and us) and JC looked over at us with one of those looks. He sent an assitant over to tell us to be quiet and to move further up the lower bowl of Gampel. We still laugh about that today.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I've been to a few including 2011. To see how it all started, is a special memory.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Who is invited? I'm a season ticket holder.. was there an e-mail sent out or is this something else?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Who is invited? I'm a season ticket holder.. was there an e-mail sent out or is this something else?
Only the best posters from the Boneyard get invited! Or you could simply walk/run/ride/crawl in Jim Calhoun's annual Summer event. This is UConn's way of saying thanks. Practice pizza party.

Reaction Score
Living in mass now so I will not get a chance to see many games id imagine, this may be a must for me

I live in Colorado and I'm going to make UCONN games. Not buying the "Mass is too far" baloney. If I want to catch a Nuggets game I take a 4 hour road trip in a snap. No issue. You can make all the home Husky games.

Reaction Score
I live in Colorado and I'm going to make UCONN games. Not buying the "Mass is too far" baloney. If I want to catch a Nuggets game I take a 4 hour road trip in a snap. No issue. You can make all the home Husky games.

Thanks for telling me how much free time I clearly have to just take off down the mass pike and go to all games. You know exactly how busy my life is and all of the things I need to take care of. Go watch Denver nuggets games you tool, what a piece of e you are

Reaction Score
Thanks for telling me how much free time I clearly have to just take off down the mass pike and go to all games. You know exactly how busy my life is and all of the things I need to take care of. Go watch Denver nuggets games you tool, what a piece of e you are

lol. A tad sensitive?

Reaction Score

PS I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to question your commitment or loyalty. Actually I just get really frustrated by people back "home" who talk about going places in New England like its far. From my perspective everything in Massachusetts is close to Storrs. Dude, it's totally not you. It's me.

Reaction Score
PS I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to question your commitment or loyalty. Actually I just get really frustrated by people back "home" who talk about going places in New England like its far. From my perspective everything in Massachusetts is close to Storrs. Dude, it's totally not you. It's me.

I'm so happy for you that you can fly back in to CT from colorado, if you want to take care of my family and send me some money so the ticket prices and costs of gas/tolls wont hit my budget, I'd gladly take them. You telling someone you don't know that its NOTHING to go to games because theyre only one state away and you have plenty of time and money to get to games regardless of where you are in the country is nothing short of complete and total D*ckishness

Reaction Score
I'm so happy for you that you can fly back in to CT from colorado, if you want to take care of my family and send me some money so the ticket prices and costs of gas/tolls wont hit my budget, I'd gladly take them. You telling someone you don't know that its NOTHING to go to games because theyre only one state away and you have plenty of time and money to get to games regardless of where you are in the country is nothing short of complete and total D*ckishness

Wow. I apologized. Who's being D*ckishness now?

Reaction Score
Wow. I apologized. Who's being D*ckishness now?
I understand that you apologized, I'm just reiterating why you are clearly a total jack@ss, maybe it will stick with you and you won't tell other people how much money and time they have when you don't know them at all in the future.

Apologies aren't "instantly recreate the past" magic tricks you know

Reaction Score
Lighten up Francis. You better have a thicker skin then that once all the trolls and negative peeps get back on board here in a few weeks- or you should just sign off now for good.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I understand that you apologized, I'm just reiterating why you are clearly a total jack@ss, maybe it will stick with you and you won't tell other people how much money and time they have when you don't know them at all in the future.

Apologies aren't "instantly recreate the past" magic tricks you know
It really was a light hearted statement on his part. The guy is decent and not divisive sort by any stretch. It never occurred to him that your life is currently overwhelming. He just looked at the geography aspect of your statement and came to his conclusion. His apology was very sincere.

Reaction Score
How does kembacity have 21 likes? Totally insufferable

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Jesus, he apologized to you.

Ease up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member