Interview with RRod this week... | The Boneyard

Interview with RRod this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it was with Mike & Mike and they asked him about Michigan. He said basically that he is disappointed that they didn't give him enough time...that he was really excited about years 4-5 and what they would do, but he never had the chance.

Clearly he is a good coach and the Michigan thing was square peg/round hole, but I think the larger point is that NONE of these coaches believe that 2-3 years is enough time, and that they all think that given enough time they can fix anything. It almost seems is that they don't get as invested in each individual season as the fans do.

I don't think that PP should be given more time, but it gives color to the thought that PP probably doesn't view this as a catastrophe like we do, because he figures it will all work itself out during years 3/4/5. Just thought RRod's comments were interesting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well Rodriguez was a disaster at Michigan but not nearly this bad. A lot of the problem was that he was an outsider and not a great personality fit - he didn't get fired purely over the football wins and losses.

Reaction Score
Every coach (Grob, Krags, etc...) thinks they just need more time.

Sometimes it just isn't working for some reason.

Sometimes (like in our case), the coach is a raving idiot, and has no idea what he's doing.

Reaction Score
29556339.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member