Interesting take on P-5 have and have nots | The Boneyard

Interesting take on P-5 have and have nots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"But a funny thing may happen on the way to the feared demise of those Cinderella schools. Not all of the 65 relatively high-resource schools want to go along with the plan pushed by their brethren from Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, and other behemoths with deep pockets. Schools like Wake Forest, Indiana, Syracuse and Pitt may not want to start pumping vast sums into athletics."

I always chuckle when I see Cuse and Pitt lumped into the lower-end of the P5 model. Those two schools are almost always mentioned, with Wake (of course!), as examples of schools who might not want to or simply can't afford to pay additional benefits. But then I get mad at the thought that they have been grandfathered into the new model and we make $2.71 a year from the AAC contract.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
"But a funny thing may happen on the way to the feared demise of those Cinderella schools. Not all of the 65 relatively high-resource schools want to go along with the plan pushed by their brethren from Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, and other behemoths with deep pockets. Schools like Wake Forest, Indiana, Syracuse and Pitt may not want to start pumping vast sums into athletics." I always chuckle when I see Cuse and Pitt lumped into the lower-end of the P5 model. Those two schools are almost always mentioned, with Wake (of course!), as examples of schools who might not want to or simply can't afford to pay additional benefits. But then I get mad at the thought that they have been grandfathered into the new model and we make $2.71 a year from the AAC contract.

I didn't know about the .71 million. Sweet!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't think we'll make a cumulative $71M over the course of our AAC membership, even if that membership lasts 100 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom