Interesting Statistics... | The Boneyard

Interesting Statistics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Decided to put my work day to good use today (put in my 2 weeks last week as I accepted an offer at another company - so why not) and took KenPom data and manipulated it into a spreadsheet..

Basically I took their Pyth Stat per team which is "The “pythagorean winning percentage”. Just a fancy way of computing a team’s expected winning percentage against an average D-I team. Derived from (AdjO^10.25)/(AdjO^10.25+AdjD^10.25)" and after a little research on some statistics boards found a formula to manipulate that stat to find odds of a Team "A" beating a Team "B" for any team in the field of 68.

Here's our break down given our first round match up along with likely potential second round and sweet 16 match up.

*stats listed as our odds to beat the opposing team

Vs. St. Joes. -
63.2797%

Vs. Nova - (taking it with a grain of salt given the way they have played recently)
36.6669%

Vs. Iowa State - (this one really caught my eye)
48.4292%

Number's point to an Elite 8 run being very possible.

Interesting calculator tool to use for filling out a bracket, and making decisions on the tougher first round match ups - if anyone would like a copy of the spreadsheet DM and and I'll distribute it via email.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i just looked and does shabazz need one more assist to pass ollie for third on the all-time assist record?

Reaction Score
i just looked and does shabazz need one more assist to pass ollie for third on the all-time assist record?
One thing that boggles my mind is how hard it is to find UConn all time stats. Google "UConn all time scoring list" and you get a bunch of lists from dingbats giving their two cents on who the Huskies' best scorers have been or if you're lucky a list from the Courant that hasn't been updated since Dyson played. I think I have a PDF somewhere on my computer of the all time records but it's a couple years old at this point.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is there anything you can't do?
Haha, can't take credit for that one. Saw it on Twitter some time ago and bookmarked it because, as you said, there's no way to find it through internet search.

Reaction Score
Haha, can't take credit for that one. Saw it on Twitter some time ago and bookmarked it because, as you said, there's no way to find it through internet search.
It's the thing I have somewhere in the nether of my computer. It'd be great if they update it at the end of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom