Interesting question about Thursday | The Boneyard

Interesting question about Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Which total do you think will be higher? Tim Boyle total snaps played or UConn total points scored?

After the Diaco presser stating he told the team how he wants Boyle to step up and take it, it's possible that we could see Boyle up to 20 or so snaps against ECU. If SMU scored 20+ on them its plausible we could score that much as well.

I'm taking total points but its closer than people think.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If we get 14 points from the offense I will be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score
I want to be optimistic about things but can someone point to anything other than the mumbo jumbo talking points we've heard to qualify people's optimism?

I'm looking for anything. Data, eye test, whatever. Because everything I've seen tells me we are regressing every game.

Reaction Score
I want to be optimistic about things but can someone point to anything other than the mumbo jumbo talking points we've heard to qualify people's optimism?

I'm looking for anything. Data, eye test, whatever. Because everything I've seen tells me we are regressing every game.

No turnovers for TD's early in game. Scripted early offense gets some 1st downs. Getting 1st downs and moving into opponents turf on offense. Pitches to Newsome rather than straight handoffs. When defensive front 7 puts pressure on line of scrimmage blows up lot of plays. Whitmer looked a little evasive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ECU seems bored by the AAC games. Makes sense after playing South Carolina, VPI and UNC.

They need to start playing better because Marshall has a pretty strong case for the sympathy bowl bid.

Reaction Score
All Boyle has to do to earn more snaps is put together one drive where he takes care of the football, we know he has the tools, with a little bit of luck and a solid confidence building series hopefully we will see the points and his snaps around 20 for the game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It may sound a bit greedy on my part but I want to be plus one in turnover margin at the end of the game. If that happens I'll take my chances on the scoreboard.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

The defense has shown signs.

Its young - if it progresses, it will be at a championship level in a couple of year.

Foley is coaching the O line. I have 10 years of history saying that the line play will get to decent and go to good and with the right guys, dominating.

It's a process.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would take the Boyle snaps and I think he'll get his usual 3-5 on Thursday. Our offense may be the worst in the country. To be blunt, I have zero confidence that our OL will play any better than what it has displayed so far this year in the most hostile environment we will play in all season. We had some 4+ false start penalties in USF (about 100 people) and Tulane (about 200 people). When there are 40+K in the stands making actual noise, I cringe at the thought of how many flags we will see.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Its young - if it progresses, it will be at a championship level in a couple of year.

Foley is coaching the O line. I have 10 years of history saying that the line play will get to decent and go to good and with the right guys, dominating.

It's a process.

Is the defense really that young? 9 starters are upperclassmen and the other two are sophomores.

There are certainly good young players involved - but that doesn't strike me as a young defense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think you have to lay the points. 9-3. I'd put the over/under at around 15

Reaction Score

It's a process.

I'm not worried about the defense.

And I love Foley but I'm not seeing them get better.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'm not worried about the defense.

And I love Foley but I'm not seeing them get better.

Thats legit but the oline was so bad they could have made big improvements and still not be decent.

I think Foley will eventually get them there. Newsome can run. We need a QB and we'll be good to go.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
only a couple of you have answered the question so far.. just curious to see what people think compared to what the actual number ends up being

Reaction Score
I have lower leg pain. I will take the points over the Boyle snaps. In addition ECU gave up a fair number of points to SMU and USF. It's their offense that's intimidating.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I'll take the points over Boyle snaps for a few reasons. Diaco has already make it crystal clear that if Boyle turns the ball over then he sits and let's just say that Boyle has thrown more than his share of INT's. And if SMU can score 21 points against ECU (and virtually none against anyone else), I figure we have to at least get a few points?

Reaction Score
I've seen improvement everywhere but the O. And one needs to be very careful about how they count starters as we are playing 20 freshmen right now and on any D alignment you can find FF and Cole up front, Carrezola, J Joseph or Diggs at LB, Summers at CB. Said differntly, aside from Geremy and Byron - who will you miss next year? This team is YOUNG. That does not mean it will get better, but the experienced youth we will bring back plus having 2 years with the same staff for the first time in a very long time (and first for all of the kids in the program) should be enough to start the ascension back to the top of the standings

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
I'm not worried about the defense. And I love Foley but I'm not seeing them get better.

Foley has had them for over a year without GDL. Let's hope they get better.

Foley was great under Edsall. Since then not so much. I don't know what to make of it, but I can't buy into the Foley can do no wrong line of thinking.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Foley has had them for over a year without GDL. Let's hope they get better.

Foley was great under Edsall. Since then not so much. I don't know what to make of it, but I can't buy into the Foley can do no wrong line of thinking.

If anything, Edsall recruited attitude. No idea if P did or just went with the best measurables he could get.

Reaction Score
boyle, the only qb on roster can only make 1 mistake & is benched with rapidity but this whole regime is an avalanche mistake & continue to rock and roll:hipoocriitz galore

Reaction Score
Unless you have blocking and superior athletes you need to teach your QB to think like a coach on the field and make decisions based on recognition. At first they're going to make mistakes, but if your a developmental program you accept that's going to happen and set up the offense to spread the D, give your QB checks at the line and a diet of quick developing plays. We're at the point where playing the experienced guy who might give us a better chance to keep the game close isn't the best option. Even if he wins it's time lost to building his experience and learning how to make the right decisions. If he's healthy put him in, leave him in for at least a half as long as he's not at too much physical risk.

A lot of this seems to stem from a lack of confidence in the line and a desire to protect TB. It's understandable but if it's the case don't play him at all. Three and out is a total waste of a series and the practice time that went into it.

Reaction Score
Which total do you think will be higher? Tim Boyle total snaps played or UConn total points scored?

After the Diaco presser stating he told the team how he wants Boyle to step up and take it, it's possible that we could see Boyle up to 20 or so snaps against ECU. If SMU scored 20+ on them its plausible we could score that much as well.

I'm taking total points but its closer than people think.

This offense score 12 points and had less than 300 total yards of offense against Stoneybrook...Stoneybrook...The Seawolves. He gets more snaps, than points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom