Interesting Big Ten Tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting Big Ten Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
th

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Reaction Score
Bear in mind, Butch inferred in the game thread that we had the game won on Sunday with 25 seconds left, leading by two and South Florida with the ball. We can't trust someone who is clearly guilty of an attempted mojocide.

In fairness, the court will be lenient on him, since we won in overtime, and it's a non-postseason year where we need to be focused on saving our mojo (and let it collect interest). He's lucky.

D

Deleted member 3149

I did a little bit of research. This tweet came from @ M H ver3 this morning. (There were 2 tweets about it sent out). Not sure how reliable someone from West Virginia is....they can't even read there.

Reaction Score
I am not surprised by this analysis one bit. I said it before, marketing ourselves is a must.

I'm not surprised either. But if the fact that UConn basketball owns NYC really is a surprise to people outside the tri-state area, then we clearly have a marketing problem.

D

Deleted member 3149

For you that dont follow he claims to be an insider on the expansion process. Has been tweeting alot of claims over the last several months. Not debating if he is legit or not but just passing on the info.

(@ ) tweeted at 9:48 AM on Tue, Feb 05, 2013:
Delaney presented some information on demographics, ratings, and market penetration that was compiled by a market research firm. Uconn was the surprise school that opened a lot of eyes. They creamed BC in every major category.Other than ND, Uconn owns NYC in bball

@ M H v e r 3

@ M H V E R 3 is the username on twitter.
@MHver3

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised either. But if the fact that UConn basketball owns NYC really is a surprise to people outside the tri-state area, then we clearly have a marketing problem.
Thankfully, I do think we have an administration in place that is more active in marketing our school and athletic department. But we cannot forget, we fans/alumni can also make a huge difference in perception, as well.

Did anyone see the WVU/Texas basketball game @ WVU last night? The upper deck was almost completely empty.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
These west virginia conference realignment people put out tweets and posts about whatever school is next up in the conference realignment game, in order to get themselves more page views and twitter followers. This guy has re-posted stuff from the UConn CR board in the past. He has zero credibility (for example had no clue about Rutgers/Maryland before it happened), other than the part about posting every possible scenario so that he can say he was right afterwards. And yet whenever he posts anything connected to UConn the 'Yard goes ape.

*shrug*

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You're all missing the key part of this, no matter the reliability of the twitterer. The stat is for bball. Nobody doubts what UConn bball brings to the table. Hell, the womens bball team is a better tv cash cow than BC mens bball.

Conference realignment is about football and the bball stat means nothing.

If the football team commanded the NYC market equally to the bball team, we would have been first out, not last.

Reaction Score
But the stat could be used to project what UConn could be in NYC for football. It's not all about the state of things right now. The B1G isn't afraid to help a football program grow (or else they wouldn't have invited MD and RU). What team, with the right growth, has the best chance to really be NYC's football team? That's the question the B1G has to be asking, and hopefully the best answer to that, if influenced by the basketball ratings, is UConn. Unless you really honestly think that they believe they've got NYC covered with Rutgers alone.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Did anyone see the WVU/Texas basketball game @ WVU last night? The upper deck was almost completely empty.

Both teams are terrible.

UConn is not on the Big Ten's radar.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
These west virginia conference realignment people put out tweets and posts about whatever school is next up in the conference realignment game, in order to get themselves more page views and twitter followers. This guy has re-posted stuff from the UConn CR board in the past. He has zero credibility...
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
...or does he?

Reaction Score
UConn is not on the Big Ten's radar.
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/tag/_/name/connecticut-huskies

Link looks pretty cool, doesn't it? Scroll down to the last question for 12/26/12. Isn't the questioner a member of this message board?

I think it'll come down to the Battle of UNC. The Big 10 and the SEC duke it out over UNC (and Duke, no pun intended). I'd favor the SEC in that battle. We'll find out.

I should also add that the conclusion this twitter posted was reached as far back as 2010.

http://www.kcrg.com/sports/local/Whats-Next-For-Big-Ten-Expansion-181612001.html

Boston College (ACC)

2010 Final verdict: If the Big Ten wanted to combine BC with three or four other Eastern schools, it’s a possibility. However, BC’s case for inclusion is less strong singularly than Rutgers, Syracuse or Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom