Interesting Big Ten Tweet | The Boneyard

Interesting Big Ten Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For you that dont follow MHver3 he claims to be an insider on the expansion process. Has been tweeting alot of claims over the last several months. Not debating if he is legit or not but just passing on the info.

MHver3(@MHver3) tweeted at 9:48 AM on Tue, Feb 05, 2013:
Delaney presented some information on demographics, ratings, and market penetration that was compiled by a market research firm. Uconn was the surprise school that opened a lot of eyes. They creamed BC in every major category.Other than ND, Uconn owns NYC in bball

Reaction Score
I am not surprised by this analysis one bit. I said it before, marketing ourselves is a must.

Reaction Score
Delaney is the Commissioner of the big ten. They did their own research. Had nothing to do with marketing ourselves. But, good to know someone is noticing what we already knew. Uconn is a better option than it has been getting credit for.

Reaction Score
Who tweeted this? Can't tell from the original post. If this person really had inside info wouldn't they know how to properly spell "Delany"?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Tell me they paid for this "research"? Like it's some big ducking surprise that UConn creams BC in every major category?

Reaction Score
Delaney is the Commissioner of the big ten. They did their own research. Had nothing to do with marketing ourselves. But, good to know someone is noticing what we already knew. Uconn is a better option than it has been getting credit for.
Trust me when I say this, there is someone way up in B1G circles who was in doubt we'd be invited to the B1G. After making some points, he now he sees us as a viable option.

Reaction Score
If you've spent any time on the Conference Realignment Board, you'd see that the author of this tweet is far from a reliable source.

hard to say anyone is a reliable source at this tim. I assume there is a lot of discussion and debate going on. Things change and so does the info. Doesnt mean he is or isnt reliable.

Reaction Score
Trust me when I say this, there is someone way up in B1G circles who was in doubt we'd be invited to the B1G. After making some points, he now he sees us as a viable option.

Why should we trust you? I really want to.

Reaction Score
Do you really think I am dumb enough to say names?
Not looking for a name. Just give me a reason why we should believe you other than your post count.

Reaction Score
Not looking for a name. Just give me a reason why we should believe you other than your post count.
I personally do not care. But have you ever seen me post bogus nonsense? And I mean from a collegiate athletics perspective.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I personally do not care. But have you ever seen me post bogus nonsense? And I mean from a collegiate athletics perspective.

Perhaps not, but I'll tell you what ... I don't trust that Jester in your profile picture. I don't care if it's a Finnish hockey team, he's giving off an air of non-credibility.

Reaction Score
Captain Buzzkill here: the guy who tweeted this tweeted other things like:
  • Nebraska might have to worry about being kicked out of the B1G.
  • He repeatedly has posted that the ACC was about to offer UConn.
  • Said FSU was days away from going to B12--in December.
  • SDSU was being considered by the PAC.
  • and many more...
He says everything, all the time.
If he's right, it's by accidence, not by knowledge.

Reaction Score
hard to say anyone is a reliable source at this tim. I assume there is a lot of discussion and debate going on. Things change and so does the info. Doesnt mean he is or isnt reliable.

Some of his other tweets about Uconn..

19 days ago..."Uconn is going to keep olympic sports with the Catholics"

34 days ago..."ACC is close to offering Uconn full membership"

48 days ago..."Cincy and Uconn both assured an ACC invite and are fully expecting to be in the ACC by 2014"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom