Insane OT stats on Shabazz | The Boneyard

Insane OT stats on Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I posted this in reply to another thread, but I think it deserves its own thread:

From Duffy:
*Aside from Napier, UConn was 10-for-43 from the field. UConn has played five overtime sessions this season (four games, Quinnipiac went to double OT) and Napier has been brilliant in all of them, totaling 35 points on 18-for-20 shooting from the line and 5-for-9 shooting from 3-point range. Per 40 minutes, that’s an average of 46.6 points. Ridiculous.

http://blog.ctnews.com/uconnbasketb...sf-this-team-is-never-goting-to-be-forgotten/

Those are some of the craziest stats I think I've ever seen. Shabazz is a STUD and he's got some huge cajones.

90% from the line in OT
over 50% from 3 in OT.

The kid is trying to be a distributor to get other guys going (which is what this team needs), but he also knows when to turn it on and provide instant offense.

The kid is doing anything and everything for this team right now. HUGE RESPECT and thank god he's a husky. From the man himself:

"In overtime, I want to get the game over," Napier said. "I feel like I need to be more aggressive. When I have the ball in my hands, I penetrate, dish, do whatever it takes. I don't always make the right choice; at the end of the day, I'm not perfect. To be successful in life, you have to fail multiple times. I've failed so many times in my life through basketball, I just try to learn from it and do something better next time."

Shabazz is rapidly ascending into one of my favorite ALL TIME huskies.

Reaction Score
I think it is even more impressive, as if my calculations are right there was 25 minutes of overtime which works out to 1.4 points per minute or 56 points per 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Now if we can get our best player to turn it on (i.e. without throttle) in regulation to avoid these OT stats. He does things so effortless, he just may be playing at full throttle and it doesn't look like it.

He's like the cat and the other team player(s) is the mouse. Whenever he wants to 'end it' he can, without much effort.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Now if we can get our best player to turn it on (i.e. without throttle) in regulation to avoid these OT stats. He does things so effortless, he just may be playing at full throttle and it doesn't look like it.

He's like the cat and the other team player(s) is the mouse. Whenever he wants to 'end it' he can, without much effort.

Exactly. Not taking away from those amazing stats, but maybe it implies he should be more selfish altogether. Not that he's MJ, but I think it was Dean Smith who said something like the only person who could stop Jordan was him (Smith). Maybe the only person stopping SN is SN, at least sometimes.

Reaction Score
Long-term, it benefits us to give all our guys, Omar and DD in particular (as well as Wolf), a chance to develop and grow comfortable. Bazz knows this. We're building for next year - not that we aren't still trying to win every game, but we're taking the longview. A 2-10 day for DD this year, or 5 turnovers for Omar, might mean 5-10 for DD and two turnovers for Omar next year as DD learns to shoot more confidently (or work for a better shot) and Omar tightens his handle (or learns to get himself out of danger before it's too late).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom