Injured Daniels | The Boneyard

Injured Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Right now, Deandre should be preparing for the upcoming season with Boat and the guys....Not in Australia on IR.

Reaction Score
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...045026954?nk=f8380ef49ada70dd20e8efb9454e4115

Deandre out 4-6 weeks required surgery.

Also interesting to see his coach is the AUS coach and although they mention his absence for the World Cup, it's nice to know he's in good hands to learn/develop.

Hope DeAndre gets well soon. The way he stepped it up in this year's tournament run should NEVER be underappreciated by true Husky fans. Having never had the chance to meet him, he nonetheless always came off as a very humble (perhaps overly so at times!) and high-character person to me. May having attained the championship motivate him during this recovery to return even better than he's been before and enjoy a long, productive career in the pros-

Reaction Score
Deandre should make his own decision, it's time to put this to bed. it's just as much of a risk to stay as to going pro you do know he could also get hurt staying at Uconn.
In fact this sounds like it may have been a lingering injury. They discovered it during an "initial screening process"

Reaction Score
Glad the surgery went well. What I read is that the team really seems to appreciate having Deandre and look forward to him on the court (or the local media). That's a very positive sign for Deandre in that he went to a supportive team and appears to be is in good hands.

Go Deandre!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I know everyone's saying, "he should have stayed" and then there's the "let him do what he needed to do" crowd, but the way this is going he's going to have a hard time making it in the NBA.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He says he knows he'll be back in the USA in March. Is he expected to join Toronto then or is that just when the Australian basketball season is over?

Reaction Score
He says he knows he'll be back in the USA in March. Is he expected to join Toronto then or is that just when the Australian basketball season is over?
when its over, he wont be on the raptors roster this year. will play in summer league for them

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know everyone's saying, "he should have stayed" and then there's the "let him do what he needed to do" crowd, but the way this is going he's going to have a hard time making it in the NBA.

Well, good thing he's getting paid now then. Because he'd have way less of a shot if he got this injury during senior year in college.

Reaction Score
this isn't a "not again" kind of post but the more i think about it the more i wish he stayed. with a pretty good year (15 PPG, 5 rpg) the kid could have easily went top 15 in the upcoming draft. he does have an nba body. he also can shoot. he would have helped us immensely as well. i don't think it was in his best interest to enter the draft this year. i thank DD for his postseason play, but i don't agree with his decision. I've kept quiet about it until now. now he's stuck overseas and it will be hard for him to get back to the states and make a roster. IMO, one more year in college and he could have honed his skills to make and play in the NBA next season. of course, i wish nothing but the best for him though.

Reaction Score
with a pretty good year (15 PPG, 5 rpg) the kid could have easily went top 15 in the upcoming draft.

He just averaged basically 15 and 5 and won a national championship. There's really no reason to think that the consistency that's been missing for three years is suddenly going to materialize in year four. I don't think there's anything beyond pure speculation that would put him in the lottery next year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He just averaged basically 15 and 5 and won a national championship. There's really no reason to think that the consistency that's been missing for three years is suddenly going to materialize in year four. I don't think there's anything beyond pure speculation that would put him in the lottery next year.

And it's not like he's out of a job right now either.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Right now, Deandre should be preparing for the upcoming season with Boat and the guys....Not in Australia on IR.

Mmmm... neat trick. That ship has sailed. A long time ago. Try living in the present, its a lot more interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom