Incredible result in the state high school tournament | The Boneyard

Incredible result in the state high school tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Simsbury lost 59-58. Simsbury had a 1-1 with 3 seconds left and missed the front end to lose. Could have won if converted at the line. Senior player who missed was on the floor crying after the game (will probably remember that the rest of his life). EJ Crawford just a Sophomore WENT OFF big time in this game in a losing effort.

Reaction Score
Dan, are you trying to say this isn't a big upset? If you're claiming Crosby beat up on nobodys and this isn't a big upset, well you are just wrong. Crosby has always done well in states and has had a bunch of really good players and teams.

Reaction Score
Simsbury lost 59-58. Simsbury had a 1-1 with 3 seconds left and missed the front end to lose. Could have won if converted at the line. Senior player who missed was on the floor crying after the game (will probably remember that the rest of his life). EJ Crawford just a Sophomore WENT OFF big time in this game in a losing effort.

My sister teaches at Simsbury. Have to laugh at her:cool:

Reaction Score
So Wilby and Crosby are overrated because Dan says so, got it.

Reaction Score
Interesting. My high school alma mater didn't win a single game. :eek:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So Wilby and Crosby are overrated because Dan says so, got it.

who has either of those 2 teams played or beat this year? i said its a upset. just not the huge one ppl think.

Reaction Score
I'm a Crosby alum, and I couldn't be happier for Newtown.

I don't know much about the way teams qualify for tournaments--how did Newtown get in with a losing record?

Reaction Score
Crosby and Wilby played just nvl teams but don't make it out like the nvl is some really weak league, they have won plenty of state championships. They were both ranked all year in the state for a reason and Crosby losing to Newtown is a huge upset.

Reaction Score
I'm a Crosby alum, and I couldn't be happier for Newtown.

I don't know much about the way teams qualify for tournaments--how did Newtown get in with a losing record?
8 wins to qualify

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
And tonight, the Newtown High School hockey team took out the one seed in the state tournament.

Reaction Score
Dan is right NVL is overrated this year and does a horrible job preparing teams for state tournament play. Crosby has been one and done 3 straight years. Swc fciac and scc conferences prepare teams to play state tournament quality games night in and night out nvl is a cake walk outside of wilby crosby who are small guard dominated teams. Newtown won that game without arguably their best player too make no mistake about it nvl is as overrated as they come this year and newtown was well prepared because of who they compete against on a weekly basis. Not the huge upset people make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom