In the end, guess most at Rent today could not care less. . . . | The Boneyard

In the end, guess most at Rent today could not care less. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Traffic seems low here given brutality of loss. Maybe smart people (not me) don't want to engage in the same exasperating rehash drill for the fourth Saturday in a row. Then add in that almost half the crowd arrived in 2nd quarter and was gone by early in 4th - as usual - people just don't live and die with this program like they do for UConn men's and women's hoops. The Rent is just an occasional diversion, a different place for cocktails, especially on a nice day like today.

No one was more thrilled than me when Rent opened, that I no longer had to travel far and wide for live I-A football. But we are going 100 mph in reverse right now; Notre Dame and Phoenix seem like light years ago. If we're not going to do this right - and that encompasses a lot of things, coaching, recruiting, marketing, - maybe we shouldn't do it at all. The $$$ could be put to a lot better use.

Reaction Score
Given what has happened this year, this was the most deflating loss that I have experienced as a UConn fan. Fans were into it as UConn drove the ball at will in the first Q into the second Q. When UConn punted on 4th and 1 in Temple territory with about 6:30 minutes to go in the half up 14-0, the game momentum shifted and the fans never really got into it again. Walking out of the stadium after the loss, the crowd was very quiet.

UConn fans are still learning how to be major football fans, but this season, more so than last season has sucked the energy out of the fans and the program. Temple has more energy than UConn right now. That is sad.

Reaction Score
Good point about the 4th and one. When that happened I thought Christ, PP is playing not to lose already. It came back to bite him as we lost our mojo.

Reaction Score
My thought was, what more needs to he said. Its all already been said on the BY 10x. Time to move on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Given what has happened this year, this was the most deflating loss that I have experienced as a UConn fan. Fans were into it as UConn drove the ball at will in the first Q into the second Q. When UConn punted on 4th and 1 in Temple territory with about 6:30 minutes to go in the half up 14-0, the game momentum shifted and the fans never really got into it again. Walking out of the stadium after the loss, the crowd was very quiet.

UConn fans are still learning how to be major football fans, but this season, more so than last season has sucked the energy out of the fans and the program. Temple has more energy than UConn right now. That is sad.

So correct about fourth and one in second quarter. PP should have been fired right then and there. I resent the duck that that man - and not me - had the exclusive right to call that play. I felt like I was being cheated.

Reaction Score
UConn football used to just be a kick in the balls. Now, not only does it kick you in the nuts, but it steals your wallet and the visiting team laughs at you.

Human beings like doing stuff that is fun, this isn't.

Reaction Score
When I was walking out there was a state cop directing traffic and as we were walking by he had a disgusted look on his face and said 17 to freaking 14......guess the real fans are working most saturdays.

Reaction Score
When I was walking out there was a state cop directing traffic and as we were walking by he had a disgusted look on his face and said 17 to freaking 14......guess the real fans are working most saturdays.
We have more fans than people on this board admit there are. I have no idea where people think there's so few fans who really care. I was at the very top for a bit and people were going nuts.

Reaction Score
If they were real fans they would have been there for the finish, it was only 14-7

Reaction Score
If they were real fans they would have been there for the finish, it was only 14-7
From what I saw on the side opposite of the press box, plenty stayed till the game ended. More than I'd normally see.

Reaction Score
From what I saw on the side opposite of the press box, plenty stayed till the game ended. More than I'd normally see.

Thats true, there were a few more in there, but it was still pretty empty.

Reaction Score
I've said this before but UConn fans will support the program if there is hope. Hope for a good team. Hope for a conf title. Hope for national relevance. There has not been that and any observer will see that the hope is a lot farther away today than it was three years ago. People in CT are not going to waste a Saturday watching something that has no chance to succeed when every other sports outlet around here is competitive nationally. I can't blame them.

Reaction Score
We have more fans than people on this board admit there are. I have no idea where people think there's so few fans who really care. I was at the very top for a bit and people were going nuts.

LOL. Place was half empty before the OT. We have a solid core of about 10 to 15k. And we wonder why more recent grads don't become season tickets holders.....because there might have been a couple hundred students left in the 4th.

Reaction Score
It's like somebody trying to convince you that 8% unemployment is OK. It has become the new norm.

My expectations have been lowered accordingly.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
And we lose to the guy we should of hired, Uhhhhhhhhh!

Reaction Score

No chance there were "plenty" there. I sit in 202, third row. Midway through the 4th my entire row was empty with the exception of us four and three at the other end. Likewise in front of us, behind us, and the chair backs next door. Not sure what you were looking at...

Reaction Score
I know that the RENT crowd is notoriously late arriving group but I was dismayed at the number of empty blue seats on the press box side. Not sure how the sunny side blue seats filled in but after dishearting loss yesterday I guess I will understand. Unless they sell their tickets to the Friday happy hour crew for the Pitt game it could be a quiet house.
Our section stayed to the bitter end but on the way out of the lot we noticed that traffic was not a problem. It was the fastest exit we have ever made after leaving after the end of game. No Excitment at all, people are already talking about selling they final 2 game tickets. So much anticipation crashing down so fast.
I was impressed with the way we came out throwing the ball, but why the long passing game. To often we got into positions of 2nd and 3rd and long. Widmer doesn't even look to throw to the right side of the field. After the TD pass over the middle to the TE things changed. Maybe PP didn't want a rout of his buddy so he went soft and the team paid for it in the end.
Our O line especially the tackles have mastered the lookout blocking scheme on passing plays. No one holds a block anymore, take that duty away from DeLeone as ASAP. This was as deflating a loss as the UWV overthrow game a couple of years ago. Years past I would go to a game in any type of weather, these final 2 it had better be nice and I don't even have SNY to watch it on TV.

Reaction Score
I was impressed with the way we came out throwing the ball, but why the long passing game. To often we got into positions of 2nd and 3rd and long. Widmer doesn't even look to throw to the right side of the field. After the TD pass over the middle to the TE things changed. Maybe PP didn't want a rout of his buddy so he went soft and the team paid for it in the end.

It's Whitmer*

Reaction Score
No chance there were "plenty" there. I sit in 202, third row. Midway through the 4th my entire row was empty with the exception of us four and three at the other end. Likewise in front of us, behind us, and the chair backs next door. Not sure what you were looking at...
I was in the lower bowl next to the band.

Reaction Score
LOL. Place was half empty before the OT. We have a solid core of about 10 to 15k. And we wonder why more recent grads don't become season tickets holders.....because there might have been a couple hundred students left in the 4th.
Absolutely right. I was there. Anyone who thinks there were more than 18,000 as we went into overtime is kidding themselves. The place was more than half empty. The students were mostly on their way back to campus. There was so little traffic when I left we were out of there in five minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm a real fan and I left. I just couldn't take it anymore, my thought was if they won they got a gift, if they lost they deserved it

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm a real fan and I left. I just couldn't take it anymore, my thought was if they won they got a gift, if they lost they deserved it

Is this a serious post??? Or is your sarcasm meter on? Please tell me it's the meter...

Reaction Score
saw the thread on women's board about their big recruit commit Saturday had 6K-plus views. The 'Fire PP' thread is most-viewed here, now pushing 3K. Interesting measure of intensity of interest.

Reaction Score
Is this a serious post??? Or is your sarcasm meter on? Please tell me it's the meter...
Nope, serious. It's unbearable to watch anymore. I'm mailing my tickets for the Pitt and Cincinnati games to Warde this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom