In Response to Phil Mushnick | The Boneyard

In Response to Phil Mushnick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fantastic response. There is no one that I'd rather have representing the University of Connecticut than Kevin Ollie, exactly the way he is. He's a special person.

Reaction Score
I wonder if JJ would have the balls to take on this ass with a response. I know the old saying "Don't dignify it with a response"...but this clown needs to be taken to task.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Normally I don't write to columnists because I understand their opinion is their own and they're allowed to express it (and be criticized for it). But I sent this to this just now...

As a UCONN alum, I couldn't disagree with you more about your ill-advised jab at Kevin Ollie's language usage (I am also a Connecticut taxpayer). Kevin Ollie is LOVED by his school, the state of Connecticut (and surrounding areas of UCONN fans), and UCONN alumni for the very qualities that makes him an outstanding coach but you are too dense, or racist (or both), to understand. His high intelligence, work ethic, dedication to his profession, and genuine love for UCONN is exactly what makes Kevin Ollie a top coach and UCONN restored as a blueblood, elite basketball program.

You can't find one person, other than yourself, who has one bad thing to say about Kevin Ollie. The man has integrity (something you seriously lack) and honesty that is refreshing in the landscape of corrupt college athletics. UCONN's APR ban, for instance, came as a result of retroactively applying newly adopted graduation performance standards. While UCONN received a harsh penalty, schools like North Carolina (who engaged in egregious acts of academic fraud but was never penalized because the NCAA deemed that "because (the fake classes) was offered to all student athletes, it was 'fair'". Kevin Ollie, of course, had nothing to do with the 2008-09 team that failed to meet the later-adopted APR guidelines. But what Kevin Ollie did have something to do with was restoring pride in a university, valuing academics every bit as much as athletics, during a time when the program paid this senseless penalty from the NCAA.

I can't help but think that your outdated, ill-conceived, and incredibly off-based opinion isn't a racist remark cloaked behind these fictional "concerned Connecticut taxpayers". The way someone speaks is their own right, afforded to them by the laws of our Constitution, and is in no way a reflection of their intelligence. Communication, after all, is used as a means to exchange ideas, emotions/feelings, and opinions to another person. Effective communication can be measured by how well the audience received and practiced the ideas, emotion, and opinions of the speaker. Intelligent communication is knowing how to best reach your audience. If using smoke signals, morse code, or hand signals is needed to best relay a message, then so be it. But UCONN fans and alumni, Connecticut taxpayers, and every other rational person already knew that. Perhaps, one day, you will too so that you can write something of value. Frankly, I am shocked that any publication would allow their columnists to have (and express) such outdated and racially motivated opinions such as yours.

Kevin Ollie has more intelligence in his pinky finger than you do in your racist body. For that reason (amongst MANY more), UCONN students, alumni, fans and donors (including state taxpayers) couldn't be any prouder to have Kevin Ollie lead our basketball program and serve as a representative of our prestigious university.

You are a disgrace.

Dooley

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The best way to make people like Mushnick go away is to ignore them. I know it's hard when they are so over the top, but there is a pretty high probability he doesn't even believe what he wrote and is just trying to get some folks to click on his story.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The best way to make people like Mushnick go away is to ignore them. I know it's hard when they are so over the top, but there is a pretty high probability he doesn't even believe what he wrote and is just trying to get some folks to click on his story.

I know you're right Whaler. This article (I finally did break down to read it after I said I wouldn't) hit a nerve. He's kind of like a troll we get around here from time to time that just pushes those right buttons to get a rise out of people. The part of the article that really struck a nerve was his hiding is own racist opinions behind "several Connecticut taxpayers". He's an and needs to be told so.

Reaction Score
Mushnick is a Jewish name. I'm regularly dealing with successful Jewish property owners (in most cases Hasidic - but also Orthodox & Reform). Often their English is less than proficient. But they are really great at finding & closing real estate deals. Culturally, I think they were raised in a homogenous community. Their English was fine ... There. I wonder if Mushnick would dare be critical in a NY paper to this group.

No. He will regularly stigmatize African Americans. We've got you Phil. You're a little bigot.

Reaction Score
Are we really going to give examples of smart people that talk differently then the queen of England?

Mushnick is a polish name I beileve- I also believe the racist POS should find a new vocation. Ass hat.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie is much easier to understand than Jim Calhoun. Did Mushnick ever write an article about how poorly he spoke? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom