Important 2014 class | The Boneyard

Important 2014 class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Something like 4/5 guys. Hope we get the Lion's share of our A,B targets. I've seen other schools with a few in the bag already. When do u think Ollie strikes his first. If somebody posts 20 min, I hope you get a toothache.

H

Huskieforlife

21 min........

But in all seriousness

Musts:

1. AMA
2. Terrell
3. That kid that really likes us ( forget his name ) rim attacker, believe he's a great slather/ dunker

Great pickups:

1. Amad Hill ( spelling?)

Upsets:

Okafor

One or more development players ( Wolf )

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i will sign up for-abu, terell, paschal, carrington
right now

i dream that we may be in with ok4 connection wise...

caw

Reaction Score
Of course any of the ones listed would be great, as would:
Leron Black, Victor Craig, Shaqquan Aaron, Kaleb Joseph, etc.

I would love two SG/SF Types and two bigs with the fifth saved for the PG position (depending on who is recruited in 2013 for the final spot, assuming there is a final offer).

If it ends up as:
Craig
Black
Aaron
Joseph instead of any of the previous listed, I don't think anyone can complain. Not sure there are any other top 100 kids UConn is after. I think they showed some interest in Cliff Alexander, but he seems UK bound (IMO).

Reaction Score
Hopefully he'll strike gold in the Spring with an early commit. IMO, I think JR Ryan Boatright will declare for the NBA draft with SR Shabazz Napier leaving us with Terrence Samuel and whichever PG the staff is targeting for the last scholarship for 2013 (Owootoah, Jorgenson, Frazier)

But what "caw" said ... 1 SG, 1 SF, 1 PF & 1 C

Reaction Score
2014 is huge... but 2013 could be deadly if boatright and napier leave (which i have heard a few times from a few people)

Reaction Score
2014 is huge... but 2013 could be deadly if boatright and napier leave (which i have heard a few times from a few people)

The may leave and that would be stupid on both their parts but what can you do? Neither will stay in the league at this point despite being very good players..........I think they should want to stay and get back in the NCAA tourney and make some noise!!!

But recruiting a Travis Jorgenson tells me otherwise!!:confused:........kids have the wrong peeps in their ears I'll tell ya!

Reaction Score
Well of course they all want to leave early and go to the NBA. So they could be telling people that now. But hopefully common sense prevails at the end of the season when they find out they aren't first round draft picks.

Has UConn ever lost anyone early who shouldn't have entered the draft? In hindsight Khalid probably made a bad decision but I think JC is on record that he told Khalid to go for it. I'd hope that the kids and their families will listen to Ollie. Boatright scares me a little just because he has a lot of AAU types close to him and his family.

Reaction Score
I believe Khalid is the only Uconn early entrant (Majok doesn't count) to be taken in the 2nd round. Both Napier and Boatright would join this list if they leave.

Reaction Score
Well of course they all want to leave early and go to the NBA. So they could be telling people that now. But hopefully common sense prevails at the end of the season when they find out they aren't first round draft picks.

Has UConn ever lost anyone early who shouldn't have entered the draft? In hindsight Khalid probably made a bad decision but I think JC is on record that he told Khalid to go for it. I'd hope that the kids and their families will listen to Ollie. Boatright scares me a little just because he has a lot of AAU types close to he and his family.

I would have loved to see KEA stay but I don't think draft wise he would have gone much higher as a senior. Still 2nd round.

Plus he was already married with children. So he probably wanted to start earning a check.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Bazz is too smart to think he's ready for the NBA. I can't see Boat thinking he's ready with no consistency from distance (not that Boat is dumb or anything...)

I can't see either of them wanting to leave without one more shot at the tournament.

Reaction Score
Bazz is too smart to think he's ready for the NBA. I can't see Boat thinking he's ready with no consistency from distance (not that Boat is dumb or anything...)

I can't see either of them wanting to leave without one more shot at the tournament.

I hope you're right. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
How about that Jones/Okafor package deal? We would be lucky if they stayed for two years, but it would be fun while it lasted. Bazz will be gone, Boat more than likely and Okafor can start anywhere in the country. Can go get that Abu/Terrell package too. Would be like sign one get one free for UConn.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I hope you're right. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.
Considering Bazz's track of improvement, I think if he continues this pace he could end up drafted.

Boat is basically Kemba scrappy defender, cutter, prone to TOs his first two seasons. Hoping he develops his shot and ball handling like Kemba did. Just imagining how good our back court will be next year if everyone stays gets me giddy.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't fault Shabazz for leaving after this season. Selfishly obviously I hope he returns, but players need to ask themselves whether they can realisticly improve their draft stock by returning. It's doubtful Napier's draft stock will be much higher next year than it is right now, so he might want to get a head start on his pro career - whether it's in the D-League, overseas, or in the NBA - while his value is at its peak. Boatright, on the other hand, should probably return. He's got a lot of Kemba in his game, and if he learns to play under control, I could see him aveaging 20+ next season and getting the attention of scouts.

Reaction Score
What you wrote about Bazz is true, and lets be real, his ceiling seems to be that of a role player in the NBA. Knowing what he is putting into this program and staying through the APR mess I don't think he would pass up his senior season to be a second rounder. Especially when he has a chance of becoming one of the greatest UConn players of all time. I mean he can finish his career with the most games played, chance at hitting 2,000 points, he and his fellow seniors can become the first players to win multiple championships or be in the line of a select few to make multiple FFs, etc. There is just so much he can do here at UConn in one year with the chance of possibly raising his stock as well. And I personally want to scream my ass off for him on senior night.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He's not ready for the NBA. Boat or Bazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom