I'm very impressed with BY'ers today... | The Boneyard

I'm very impressed with BY'ers today...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
While the current post count of the ND vs. FSU game is only at 38, and the Tenn vs LSU post count is 75, the SC vs. Missouri post count is 107! So even on a happy day where Tenn loses to an unranked team, BY'ers had more to say about a very competitive and feisty SC vs. Mizzou game. Moving in the right direction?! Baby steps, mods! ;)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
On paper, it looked like there would be a number of interesting games. Frankly, I didn't have WV - Baylor on that list, but it was very entertaining. MO SC was entertaining, but watching ND demolish FL State, well, I had a little appreciation for what non- UConn fans must feel when watching many UConn games.

Reaction Score
As I mentioned in another thread, why should we care about a team that's basically irrelevant for a decade. The worst thing in this world is to be irrelevant. I don't think about Tennessee, I don't care about Tennessee. They could not beat us once in 50 tries this year or any of the last 5-8 years. Let them lie in there grave like the dead carcasses they are.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think a significant fraction of the interest is because SC is our next opponent and we want to better understand their team in detail and how they look. Add to that, the particularly bad blood between the teams and it was on ESPN2 in prime time so it is not surprising. I am interested in TN much the same way a scientist looks at
a strange ecosystem and try to ponder what happens when so many high talent players play without real direction. I was rewarded in seeing the undersized underdog just go nuts on the offensive glass and wondering how that can happen and left to ponder what attracts these kids there. I get that UConn is not for everyone but there are so many other top 20 schools that have better structure. :confused: Anyway, that was a fun 2 hours. :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As I mentioned in another thread, why should we care about a team that's basically irrelevant for a decade. The worst thing in this world is to be irrelevant. I don't think about Tennessee, I don't care about Tennessee. They could not beat us once in 50 tries this year or any of the last 5-8 years. Let them lie in there grave like the dead carcasses they are.
We can revel in their irrelevance. Don't try to take away our joy.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I think a significant fraction of the interest is because SC is our next opponent and we want to better understand their team in detail and how they look. Add to that, the particularly bad blood between the teams and it was on ESPN2 in prime time so it is not surprising. I am interested in TN much the same way a scientist looks at
a strange ecosystem and try to ponder what happens when so many high talent players play without real direction. I was rewarded in seeing the undersized underdog just go nuts on the offensive glass and wondering how that can happen and left to ponder what attracts these kids there. I get that UConn is not for everyone but there are so many other top 20 schools that have better structure. :confused: Anyway, that was a fun 2 hours. :D

SC are also the reigning national champions, so should be considered a worthy opponent. I will admit to a guilty pleasure of enjoying the discomfort of TN fans as they watch their team implode yet again. Every year they have to go through the five stages of grief to get back to "wait for next year." Wasn't it only a few short weeks ago that we had a surge of TN fans on the board announcing their triumphant return to the spotlight? I miss those guys now.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Why comment ad-nausea on the Tenn-LSU thread when we can go and look at VolNation and get infinite enjoyment of them eating their own. We simply have to post after the game and shake our heads on the continued "Fire Holly" rally cry from the not-so faithful...

Reaction Score
I'm interested because I'm waiting for the woman that's half bear and half cat to show up.:)

Reaction Score
And if we could just move past AEH speculation then we'd really be doing good....
Your here a week and a half and bored already? :confused: When a player of that caliber moves on for any reason the topic is going to last for awhile. Not everyone comes here every day and most realize if it is a topic they don't care to read about there is a simple solution for that.
Welcome to The Boneyard from Rehoboth Beach, I have relatives an alley-oop from you in Lewes. Being from that area you may be familiar with a very successful Blue Hen that was a transfer from UConn. You can be glad you had not been on board here at that time if the AEH posts are bothering you. :) ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom