If we don't get close to a full house we got a problem | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If we don't get close to a full house we got a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our group has shrunk from 6 to 2 over the years. It's down to just my brother and I. I reckon every other group that began as a healthy number has now shrunk to next-to-nothing or, worse yet, nothing. I'll whistle zippity do da if we can find a way to get 30K inside the stadium on Thursday night. I think the gate will likely read somewhere between 25-30K.
We are tailgaiting just 7 people but my buddy who buys the tickets went from 12 to 19 seats. We have to be optimistic like it couldn't get any worse. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F 15 Flyover will send goose bumps through the stands just like a well deserved win over Villanova. GO HUSKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Getting Pumped. Time to get a good rain jacket. GO HUSKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Be interested in seeing student turnout. First week of classes so students are getting rowdy, would be interested to see how many make the trek to PAWS ARF.
LOL

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I can't go. It sucks. Working the full day in NYC and can't get to The Rent for kickoff without a car or ride from New Haven.

To boot the season ticket crew I had had shrunk from 12 to 0, so even if I wanted to be a lunatic and go, I'm going solo.

Still going to try and make a few Saturday games, but unless I move back to CT, get a car or convince the crew to re-up I'm out.

Reaction Score
ConnHuskBask said:
I can't go. It sucks. Working the full day in NYC and can't get to The Rent for kickoff without a car or ride from New Haven. To boot the season ticket crew I had had shrunk from 12 to 0, so even if I wanted to be a lunatic and go, I'm going solo. Still going to try and make a few Saturday games, but unless I move back to CT, get a car or convince the crew to re-up I'm out.

If you need a ride... I'm leaving the city around 4 or 430.

Reaction Score
The problem is we have a bunch of duck***** spoiled fans. I'm not talking about anyone on this board, because chances are if you're still on this board, you're a good fan and I'd guess that most of us will be in the stands this season. I'm talking about the average UConn "fan". The one that complains about us being bad in football and complains about being in a S*** conference, but does NOTHING to help the cause.

This state supports the teams when they're good and bails when we're bad. Definition of fairweather fans. We don't deserve to be in a P5 conference right now because of it. And thats a shame because lots of people worked really hard to put UConn on the map and this is what our "fans" do to thank them. I'm sick of it.

Yes I had a bad day at work.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
NYC after a full day and coming to the Rent? Hardcore. Hope no accidents on the hwy. great effort.
I am leaving early from Htfd and going home first. No way all in our group can get to a tailgate for 4 hours before. Though I guess conceivably I am due a 5 hr tailgate, and a hat and cup.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'll be with all the other social misfits at PAWS Thursday night, in spirit anyway, as I watch and cheer on my Huskies from 1,400 miles away in TX. At least the beer will be cold. Saw some good looking Oktoberfest brews at the store this weekend and think a sample pack of 6 would do just fine. Hope to drink them happy.
I'm with you brother, only I'll be 6000 miles away and having a hearty Friday breakfast -- already got my leave request approved.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth there is now a 20-30% chance of showers! I think these are the kind you can work around.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
"If we don't get close to a full house we got a problem"

The irony is that we could be coming off a 9-3 season, preseason top 25 and would see this exact same thread if the first game is against an FCS opponent.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if we were over 20k, to be honest. We are starting over from scratch.

Reaction Score
Anything over 50% capacity thtough the gates would be a huge win. This was a foregone conclusion before end of last season. If we are under 25% capacity through the gates on Thursdsy,its time to move the worry meter from zero up to about 2 on a scale to 10.

Attendance is not a concern until we have a consistent, reliable winner at home again. The fact that we have a totally new schedule and have no division 1 history to look back at past 2003 only cloud the issue a bit.

What the UCONn fan base across the money sports is time tested proven for, is to fork over the money and show up for big events.

There is just no justifying that football games are big events right now for anyone but the hard core fan base,which consists of those of us who have purchases season tix, and will be there Thur.

FWIw, its going to be a heck of a jump, but I will be there as of now. I'll be a sleepwalker by then , but that's ok, as lomg as Its just me, cand not the team.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I'm with you brother, only I'll be 6000 miles away and having a hearty Friday breakfast -- already got my leave request approved.
Assume you're in the US military by your post so hope you get your leave and thank you for your service. Maybe some spicy breakfast burritos, and cold brews to wash them down, are in order?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Thank you for your offer. I have to work the full day though unfortunately due to month end financial close.

Appreciate it!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I just got my mini-plan so I'll be there plus +2. If anyone wants to get drunk with me let me know.

Reaction Score
I knew this board was filled with social misfits, but there are three posters in this thread admitting to going to football games by themselves. Good lord.
Make that 4. Done on many occasions in last 2 years. Even family members come up with excuses like, oh gee, the Icecapades are in town and I've got to get up fro work early in 2 days.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how many people are concerned with what everyone else is doing. I will be there with my group of 8. If anyone else shows up, that's fine too. I'm there to watch football not fans.

Reaction Score
It is amazing how many people are concerned with what everyone else is doing. I will be there with my group of 8. If anyone else shows up, that's fine too. I'm there to watch football not fans.

I don't think they're concerned for the fans, the concern is for the program, we don't have the luxury of sitting around and waiting for a better conference/opponent to show that we support the football team, we have to show up now, and continue regardless of our current situation or who and how we are playing.

Reaction Score
The problem is we have a bunch of duck***** spoiled fans. I'm not talking about anyone on this board, because chances are if you're still on this board, you're a good fan and I'd guess that most of us will be in the stands this season. I'm talking about the average UConn "fan". The one that complains about us being bad in football and complains about being in a S*** conference, but does NOTHING to help the cause.

This state supports the teams when they're good and bails when we're bad. Definition of fairweather fans. We don't deserve to be in a P5 conference right now because of it. And thats a shame because lots of people worked really hard to put UConn on the map and this is what our "fans" do to thank them. I'm sick of it.

The bigger underlying problem (imo) is that a good majority of UConn Basketball fans are just that. They're not UCONN fans, simply UConn BBall fans and fail to crossover. That type of cherry picking which teams you root for needs to end. We need to support ALL sports.

Reaction Score
The bigger underlying problem (imo) is that a good majority of UConn Basketball fans are just that. They're not UCONN fans, simply UConn BBall fans and fail to crossover. That type of cherry picking which teams you root for needs to end. We need to support ALL sports.
I wasn't going to go there, but I don't disagree with you.

Reaction Score
ConnHuskBask said:
Thank you for your offer. I have to work the full day though unfortunately due to month end financial close. Appreciate it!

Hang in there. Eventually you will be like me and skip out early while someone else closes the books.

Reaction Score
Well my usual tailgating crew will probably be there. You really can't talk us out of drinking in a field. Plus I'm bringing 2 Villanova grads because why not?

Reaction Score

I understand you're upset but we deserve to be in a P5 conference ahead of many current P5 schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom