If that don't make you miss the BE, nothing will. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If that don't make you miss the BE, nothing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't miss most BE fans dropping "knowledge."

Reaction Score
It's had a dramatic effect on my interest in college sports as a whole. When we were in the Big East, I would catch any college bball/football game between two programs that were at all noteworthy. I would have an encyclopedic knowledge of the players on Kansas State, and Iowa, East Bumf--- U, etc.

Now to watch two random ACC teams or B1G or whatever just makes me bitter. So I don't follow the rest of the landscape. I don't even know who's ranked #1 right now without looking it up (I used to look forward to the rankings every Monday).

I still catch every UConn game, and go to the home games, but my enthusiasm for NCAA sports besides UConn has completely shriveled up and died.

Beyond UConn, I DGAS.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
That game felt like old days. It felt great. There was hype, there was history, there was rivalry and there was respect. KO hyped the team up by talking about Ray against AI, about beating the twin towers, about John Thompson. There's very little of that inside the AAC conference games. They all feel like UConn vs. DePaul did 4 years ago. I will forever be mad over the break up of the best conference in college sports. I don't know how we replicate the feeling of old BE conference games. Maybe time will create those feelings and rivalries once again .... but it aint never gonna be the same.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sounds like Gtown, Cuse and Nova will all be on future schedules. No interest in PC, does nothing for recruiting and they have not won an NCAAT game in two decades, they do not really add much outside of local interest.

Yeah, I know, but damnit! the Dunk is 20 minutes from my house. I miss that game, although they gave us fits.

Reaction Score
The New Big East has had teams seeded 1,2, 3,4, 6, 6, 6, and 9 in two years. ZERO of those teams defeated a single digit seed in the NCAA Tournament. NONE. ZIP. NADA. UConn defeated 5 in one tournament, Louisville defeated 1, Memphis defeated 1 and Cincinnati defeated 1.

AAC National Titles: 1
NBE National Titles: 0

That's all that needs to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members