If So and So did not get hurt we would have won..... | The Boneyard

If So and So did not get hurt we would have won.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The purpose of this thread is to save our posters some valuable time. It seems like every time there is a big game and a player gets hurt some poster will post “If so and so was not hurt we would have won. It not really important if you believe the post, just park it here and get it of the way. Resist any attempt to disguise your post eg., It will be a different story when she gets healthy. We'll get them next time. Just state it.

In reverse Cronological order:
If Izzy Harrison was not hurt UT would have beat SC last night.

Reaction Score
I'll add two:

If Turner isn't hurt, ND wins Dec. 6
If Achonwa isn't hurt, ND wins last season's national championship

Reaction Score
One could never say that TN would have won for sure but losing Harrison was an enormous blow. Her absence was OBVIOUS in the paint. They had no answer for SC's post players. TN was just too small to contend with 4 huge post players. That's just a fact. Also, Izzy has completely dominated their post players in every SC game. Losing the potential #1 WNBA draft pick just flat out matters.

I would also add that TN has been completely devastated by injuries over the last several years and those injuries have seriously impacted the team's results. We have 4 potential starters sitting on the bench in Mercedes, Jasmine Jones, Izzy, and Tucker. Just imagine how you would feel if Tuck, Stewart, KML, and Nurse were sitting out for the year. It's not a great feeling and I don't wish it on any team or fan base. I guess you can put me in the camp that blames injuries, but if you give TN even one of those 4 injured players then we win. SC has its original starting line up in tact. It was basically a 1 point game until the fouls started. Oh well, revenge is better than Christmas. We will see them again...

Reaction Score
I really think having this might help, courtesy of UT's website:

10815681.jpeg

Reaction Score
I really think having this might help, courtesy of UT's website.

Help what? Maybe Tenn. would have beaten SC last night but they won't beat UConn with or without Russell or Harrison.

Reaction Score
If Shea and Sveta were not injured in 2001, Notre Dame never would have won their first title and would not have been able to recruit some of the players that they have recruited...
true story!

Reaction Score

10815681.jpeg
I've seen this posted in a bunch of places and I'm really not sure why you think it's a big deal. At 6'6", I'd guess she has somewhere around an 8'6" standing reach with shoes. That would put her within the range of a 18" vertical necessary to grab the rim, which is nothing to write home about. To put that into perspective, I'm a 6'1" guy who's about as unathletic as they come, and I can touch the rim. Maya Moore (who's on the upper end of athleticism for female basketball players) has a 26" inch vertical, without a running start.

Even for most top tier players who are much shorter than Russell, grabbing the rim is fairly common.

Reaction Score
Occasionally, an injury provides an opportunity for another player to step up. And sometimes, an affliction can even benefit a team. N. Dame used a 3-year epidemic of flop fever to register an impressive record against the Huskies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think the photo of Russell shows that she is getting back too 100%

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
UConn fans have been guilty of these kinds of statements as well.

Not to be rude or disrespectful, but I have read posts from several UConn fans regarding the 2001 Final Four and Svetlana Abrosimova. I think it is only natural.

That being said, Duke has been at full strength at UConn under Coach P, and it has not mattered.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Help what? Maybe Tenn. would have beaten SC last night but they won't beat UConn with or without Russell or Harrison.

No one said anything about beating UCONN just because we have a center that hopefully will be back to 100% next year. My fellow LV fan was just stating that having Miss Russell back will help fill the void of us no longer having a true center to put on the floor since Izzy went out. And yes, I think not having her affected the game last night tremendously. She pretty much had her way last year against the same group (minus Wilson of course). Yes the game last year was at TBA but us not having anyone remotely close to their 4 post players in terms of strength and height truly impacted the game. Do I think we absolutely would have won with Izzy?...no clue...but I'd like our chances more with her in the game. I actually think, offensively, we play better without Izzy in the game as we don't try and force things into the paint as often...but defensively and rebounding...we missed her tremendously!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
If Shea and Sveta were not injured in 2001, Notre Dame never would have won their first title and would not have been able to recruit some of the players that they have recruited...

I don't know. ND won handily with both teams at full strength in January in South Bend. UConn won on the famous Sue Bird buzzer-beater.

UConn had a big lead. Would Shea and Svet have made shots in the second half when no one else was? Impossible to say. But to say it was automatic with them seems just as impossible given the January result.

Besides, that loss to ND fueled the 2002 team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not to be rude or disrespectful, but I have read posts from several UConn fans regarding the 2001 Final Four and Svetlana Abrosimova. I think it is only natural.

That being said, Duke has been at full strength at UConn under Coach P, and it has not mattered.
CamrnCrz1974, this does not need to involve UCONN. For example Chelsea Gray going down didn't cost Duke a game? Alexis Jones?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One could never say that TN would have won for sure but losing Harrison was an enormous blow. Her absence was OBVIOUS in the paint. They had no answer for SC's post players. TN was just too small to contend with 4 huge post players. That's just a fact. Also, Izzy has completely dominated their post players in every SC game. Losing the potential #1 WNBA draft pick just flat out matters.

I would also add that TN has been completely devastated by injuries over the last several years and those injuries have seriously impacted the team's results. We have 4 potential starters sitting on the bench in Mercedes, Jasmine Jones, Izzy, and Tucker. Just imagine how you would feel if Tuck, Stewart, KML, and Nurse were sitting out for the year. It's not a great feeling and I don't wish it on any team or fan base. I guess you can put me in the camp that blames injuries, but if you give TN even one of those 4 injured players then we win. SC has its original starting line up in tact. It was basically a 1 point game until the fouls started. Oh well, revenge is better than Christmas. We will see them again...
LadyVols9, you are side jacking the thread=equal straddling the fence. Izzy has already been nominated. If you want to nominate Mercedes, Jasmine Jones, and Tucker you have to point to a specific game that you lost hopefully one for each. This is all in good fun.

Reaction Score

10815681.jpeg
I get your point but then again hanging on the rim with out players in danger is a technical. :D

mr006

Reaction Score
I don't know. ND won handily with both teams at full strength in January in South Bend. UConn won on the famous Sue Bird buzzer-beater.

UConn had a big lead. Would Shea and Svet have made shots in the second half when no one else was? Impossible to say. But to say it was automatic with them seems just as impossible given the January result.

Besides, that loss to ND fueled the 2002 team.

Sometimes, it's just someone's magic season. That year belonged to ND. It took TWO buzzer beaters by Sue (including the half-court shot at halftime) to win that one. Although I'd like UConn's chances better with Shea & Svet, obviously.

Reaction Score
This thread is all about bad karma.
It seemed simple to me.... TENN lost the game because SC had too many offensive rebounds. Izzy would have certainly helped prevent that. But those are the breaks of the game.

Reaction Score
let me simplify this...everyone on this board knows that Harrison on the floor is worth at LEAST two points, which wins the game. (it was a one point game then we started fouling to stop the clock). she would have gotten one rebound, a basket, a block, etc. that being said, injuries happen. the lady vols still should have won this game with or without her. the guards did not box out well at all. that part was baffling to me. even with the loss, this TN team is different. they are tougher than any LV team since 2008. they lost but i am proud of them for fighting. they came in as 17 point underdogs and almost pulled it off.

oh well...see you at the SEC tourney Ms. Staley. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom