If I'm KO I would be asking this team if they just wanted | The Boneyard

If I'm KO I would be asking this team if they just wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
to shower, change back into street clothes and head back to the hotel. The game and halftime announcers can say all they want about Louisville's match-up zone and aggressiveness. As far as I'm concerned NO..FREAKING..BODY is beating Connecticut but Connecticut. Just make up a list starting with bad decisions, horrific shot choices, no help on defense, little or no movement off the ball and on and on and on. Boatright is involved in a couple of stupid plays and, as usual, not only does his body language tell you all you want to know but he starts looking for Shabazz almost every time up court. How the hell did Daniels survive playing HS hoops in LA nevermind D-1 at UCONN. Kromah has fallen into a multiple game slump on both sides of the ball at the worst possible time. Giffey should absolutely be demanding the ball; but, he thinks and acts like an alternate because that's the way he has been played all year. Too late to change( as in get super aggressive) now.

What really galls me is that we are handing them the result. I hope they enjoy layup lines and getting dunked on for twenty minutes because it's coming. Pathetic!!! A great way to get ready for The Dance.

Reaction Score
They have better players. It's not that complicated.
Clearly there is a talent gap; but you know as well as I do that there is a lot more than that going on here. Louisville has gotten into their heads. The same team that beat Memphis and Cincinnati(and exhibited some major backbone in the process) is not the team getting manhandled out there tonight. I would even go so far as to say it started even before they suited up tonight. We ARE CAPABLE of going toe to toe with these guys; but not by playing Little League basketball and not by not pushing back..................

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clearly there is a talent gap; but you know as well as I do that there is a lot more than that going on here. Louisville has gotten into their heads. The same team that beat Memphis and Cincinnati(and exhibited some major backbone in the process) is not the team getting manhandled out there tonight. I would even go so far as to say it started even before they suited up tonight. We ARE CAPABLE of going toe to toe with these guys; but not by playing Little League basketball and not by not pushing back...

There is nothing going on. It's a better team dominating a lesser team.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
You guys ended up being a bad matchup for Cincinnati defensively in the same way that Cincinnati is a tough matchup for Louisville. Honestly, the only team that could beat them in the conference is UC, IMO.

Connecticut will be fine in the NCAA tournament. Don't worry too much about it.

Reaction Score
They're better than us, but they're also a bad matchup. It's pretty telling when their guys all play over their heads against us, and our guys playing worse than normal against them every single time.

Cincinnati and Memphis seem to matchup better against them for some reason.

Reaction Score
You guys ended up being a bad matchup for Cincinnati defensively in the same way that Cincinnati is a tough matchup for Louisville. Honestly, the only team that could beat them in the conference is UC, IMO.

Memphis beat them twice?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They have played in both buildings and a neutral site. None of the games were ever in doubt.

Talk yourself into whatever you'd like. UConn isn't good enough. I don't know how much more anyone would need to see of this edition of this team to come to grips with that.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Memphis beat them twice?
Right, I forgot about them. However with the way the two teams are playing now it would have been a rout in Louisville's favor. To beat them, you've got to really slow down the tempo and be just as physical as them.

Reaction Score
We competed but Louisville is the best team in the country and a nightmare matchup for us. It also doesn't help when Bazz and Boat throw up brick after brick. There are still a lot of positives to take away from this tournament starting with Brimah and Daniels great play. I'm not sure if it's his finger but something is off with Shabazz and it has been for several weeks. Hopefully the trainers get him ready for next week. I said it before the season and I'll say it again..WE'RE GOING TO DALLAS

Reaction Score
They have played in both buildings and a neutral site. None of the games were ever in doubt.

Talk yourself into whatever you'd like. UConn isn't good enough. I don't know how much more anyone would need to see of this edition of this team to come to grips with that.
I don't talk to myself, do you?

Reaction Score
Yes there is a talent gap but nothing that can be overcome. Very frustrating. The differences are simple.
  1. Shots go up, Ville player is between the basket and their man. There was one play where Harrell was pissed someone put a body on him. Wow! What a concept! Imagine if he had to face that THROUGHOUT the game?
  2. Our guards pick up the dribble too quickly.
  3. When we trap its like the objective is to make the offensive player call a time out. When they trap, they want to steal the ball.
Louisville has better players and a better coach. We have the talent to beat them but the margin for error is small.

Reaction Score

Memphis

Reaction Score

I think, if I might, that I would like to get us off this track that I probably(definitely) started out of frustration because the same team(match-ups or no) that was able to "bring it" against Cincinnati should actually, imo, have been more ready "AND able" to "bring it" this evening. But let's move on............it's been a great season for a number of reasons and NOW IT"S TIME TO GET READY TO "DANCE"!!!!!!! :D

GO HUSKIES!!!
TIME TO GO DANCIN'!!!!
555.jpg

Reaction Score
It always just seem like LVille has 6 men on defense. They play unbelievable hard. I don't give a about their SOS or RPI that is one of the top 3 teams in the nation.

Reaction Score
We all bleed blue. But when a team beats you 3 times in a row, 9 out of 10. I'm sorry they are better. They are ad quick at the guard position. And their bigs are better. Bazzhhasn't played like he is the best player on the floor except for the first game maybe.

Reaction Score
I saw the better team win tonight. They hit us hard and we didn't have it to hit back.

I thought before the game we could beat them, now its obvious we can't. We can still do well in the Tourney, as long as we don't face them. Pitino has figured us out.

Reaction Score
We all bleed blue. But when a team beats you 3 times in a row, 9 out of 10. I'm sorry they are better. They are ad quick at the guard position. And their bigs are better. Bazzhhasn't played like he is the best player on the floor except for the first game maybe.[/quot
UL is a bad match up for UConn, but I didn't think our guys played all that well. Bazz and Boat missed quite a few good looks. UL is a better team but they looked beatable today if UConn had shot better and made better decisions.

Reaction Score
[Yeae="DogMania, post: 881055, member: 21"][/quote]

Yeah, Dog we could and have played better but we didn't and it wasn't like we had swag and were in the game the whole way. They took our heart at the end of the first half and toyed with us the rest of the way. If you put together what Pitino said before and after the game, before we are a great team, after, we meaning ville, should be a 1 seed. It was like he had to dominate us but not destroy us so it's a quality against a top ten team. They are better team by far. He was politicing the whole time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It's obviously as much mental as is it physical though. You must be able to see that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's obviously as much mental as is it physical though. You must be able to see that.

Harrell dominates poor post players because it's mental? UConn's backcourt is overwhelmed because it's mental?

Boatright looks as bad as he does because he's not as good. If you want to ascribe that to something mental... ok.

Reaction Score
Harrell dominates poor post players because it's mental? UConn's backcourt is overwhelmed because it's mental?

Boatright looks as bad as he does because he's not as good. If you want to ascribe that to something mental... ok.
You could have just said I'm dumb and don't get it. It's less words to type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom