If anyone criticizes Shabazz... | The Boneyard

If anyone criticizes Shabazz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...And I'm sure no one will make mention of why the 3 he was shooting came when the team was down. someone lost their man, Greenwood, on the other end and gave up a wide open, go ahead 3.

Reaction Score
Bazz played great...he needs more help though pretty obvious...We better put a full press on a defensive center for the 2013 class...starter right away...the rebounding is atrocious...the guard are all crashing the boards but when the other team shoots 3's all game the rebound bounce back outside to the opponent...we need someone who can just eat boards down low...

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Napier is doing everything he can. He's not Kemba Walker and nobody should expect him to be.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
...And I'm sure no one will make mention of why the 3 he was shooting came when the team was down. someone lost their man, Greenwood, on the other end and gave up a wide open, go ahead 3.
Are you asking who left Greenwood wide open?

Reaction Score

Boat got caught on a high screen and didn't fight his way through it. When you get screened like that, you have to get leverage and sort of do a swim move past the screener without losing all your momentum. He just sort of ran into the guy's chest and went limp for a second, coming to a complete stop. That's fatigued defense - the equivalent of front-rimming a jumper.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Boat, lost him all night.......and then Greenwood schooled him baseline and made an easy lay in when we needed a stop........sorry but his defense while pesky around mid-court is lackadaisical at best from the 3 line in......always looking to play off and anticipate to make steals instead of guarding his guy. He needs to start locking people down instead of swatting from behind..............

Reaction Score
If shabazz is going to dominate the ball he needs to set other people up. The ball is not moving on offense and he's the primary reason. Rewatch Michigan st. We ran offense that game and we've regressed. I worry Shabazz is negative to team chemistry or at least to its on court flow.

Reaction Score
If shabazz is going to dominate the ball he needs to set other people up. The ball is not moving on offense and he's the primary reason. Rewatch Michigan st. We ran offense that game and we've regressed. I worry Shabazz is negative to team chemistry or at least to its on court flow.
wow, unbelievable, have you watched Boat at all?

Reaction Score
The 11-0 run Uconn put on to take the lead with 4 to go was a Calhoun 3pt play, threes by RB and DD, and three free throws from boat. He had help late. There was a ton of reaching and late getting to their spot fouls, which denotes a tired team.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
"wow, unbelievable, have you watched Boat at all?"

Yeah I would throw boat into that assessment as well. Napier is a junior and supposed to be more of a leader. Its pick and roll / isolation for those two guys and everyone else stands around. I like having the ability to take the ball to the basket but it cant be our only offense. And if were not shooting the ball well it shouldnt be the first thing we do when we cross halfcourt.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Without Napier we wouldn't have won 10 *ing games last year. Not 10.

Reaction Score
"wow, unbelievable, have you watched Boat at all?"

Yeah I would throw boat into that assessment as well. Napier is a junior and supposed to be more of a leader. Its pick and roll / isolation for those two guys and everyone else stands around. I like having the ability to take the ball to the basket but it cant be our only offense. And if were not shooting the ball well it shouldnt be the first thing we do when we cross halfcourt.

Yea we're just not watching the same games, there's more movement going on than there was at all last year, guys just did not hit shots at all the past 3 games. Lol @ Bazz killing team chemistry, yea leave him on the bench and see how far this team goes without him in there.

Reaction Score
"Without Napier we wouldn't have won 10 *****ing games last year. Not 10."

Alright then explain how last year when we had arguably better talent than the year we won the national title we were horrible. We exchanged one guard/team leader, Kemba, for another one, Napier and our chemistry was .
His body language is crap. Do you ever see him rushing over to help his teammate off the floor. Do you ever see him pumping up his teammates.

Reaction Score
I guess you missed KO's quote after the Mich St game saying how after Keith Appling converted a go ahead layup and was fouled late in the game, Shabazz quickly got the guys together in a huddle to pick them up, and KO said he knew that the team would be alright because Bazz was showing great leadership. You're posting complete and utter garbage right now that would do freescooter and Waquoit proud.

Alright then explain how last year when we had arguably better talent than the year we won the national title we were horrible. We exchanged one guard/team leader, Kemba, for another one, Napier and our chemistry was ****.
His body language is crap. Do you ever see him rushing over to help his teammate off the floor. Do you ever see him pumping up his teammates.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
One sure way to have a thread lead to criticism is to explain why there should not be any; note the Brad Stevens one as well.

Reaction Score

Alright then explain how last year when we had arguably better talent than the year we won the national title we were horrible. We exchanged one guard/team leader, Kemba, for another one, Napier and our chemistry was ****.

Is this serious? Okay, I'll try: Kemba is much, much better than anyone else on the national championship team or anyone on last year's team. How about that?

And to your last two questions, yes and yes. Don't let your Kemba fanboy status affect your judgment.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Just by going off stats, but if you take away Napier's 13ppg and 5.8apg last year, we would have only beaten Holy Cross and maybe St John's. Napier was more instrumental to the team last year than anyone. He tried to lead yes, but everyone had their heads so far up their asses thinking about the NBA and Missouri that we never actually played well. So don't trash Napier for trying to become a leader when he was the only one that really wanted to be there last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom