I was really emotional over this one... | The Boneyard

I was really emotional over this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I was in tears at then end. I guess this team just battled so hard, it got to me. Nails. This team is nails. I am so proud/happy to be a UConn fan. I rank this season right behind 1999. That is it #2 all time season for me. Right now.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Yeah, both hubby and my eyeballs were sweating a little. ;) Just moved to FL and it's kinda weird being a UConn fan down here when most of our friends don't watch college hoops.

Reaction Score
I'm not embarassed to admit I shed some tears. Just thinking about what these players have been through and all they have overcome. I am really emotional over this one

Reaction Score
I was in tears at then end. I guess this team just battled so hard, it got to me. Nails. This team is nails. I am so proud/happy to be a UConn fan. I rank this season right behind 1999. That is it #2 all time season for me. Right now.

Me too. First time I had a few tears over a sporting event. But it wasn't only UConn. My father took me to a lot of games at the HCC when I was between the ages of 10-16. He was an immigrant from Greece and even though bball is the national sport of Greece, he didn't know a bball from a melon. He'd close up his little restaurant at 4 pm every day, after getting there at 4 am, I'd take the bus to New Haven, and we'd drive up to Hartford. He became a huge Uconn fan over the years. He would have loved this, but just passed away in February at the age of 79. This one was special. I felt like I really loved these kids, which I think is a bizarre emotion for a 40-something to have. They're like my own.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm so happy for Ollie and the staff...Ollies first FF and Bazz, Giff, and TO's second with the chance to win 2 NC in their college career... Let's win the whole damn thing!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not yet for me, but after my initial (loud) reaction to the win, I just kind of sat there and enjoyed the moment.

Reaction Score
What a terrific run. The most emotional hoops season I had as a UCONN fan was in '86(?) when we lost in the regional final to Duke when Laetner hit one at the buzzer. Calhoun in one of his very few well articulated statements, "I would not trade 100 Final Fours for the privilege of coaching this team". Like this team, that one greatly over achieved on heart and grit.

Good stuff.....

Reaction Score
Yep real tears for this team……..started when I was hearing the fans at the Garden ready to celebrate…….the phone rang I couldn't answer it I was choked up. This is a special year, a special team, a special coach and we're fans of a real special program!

Reaction Score
Choked up myself. So happy for Ollie. Very proud of this team and how he's putting his stamp on the prigram

Reaction Score

Ha Nice to know I wasn't the only one

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Good Lord, I misted up too. A lot of Onions! with these guys and Onions! always make me cry!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Me too. First time I had a few tears over a sporting event. But it wasn't only UConn. My father took me to a lot of games at the HCC when I was between the ages of 10-16. He was an immigrant from Greece and even though bball is the national sport of Greece, he didn't know a bball from a melon. He'd close up his little restaurant at 4 pm every day, after getting there at 4 am, I'd take the bus to New Haven, and we'd drive up to Hartford. He became a huge Uconn fan over the years. He would have loved this, but just passed away in February at the age of 79. This one was special. I felt like I really loved these kids, which I think is a bizarre emotion for a 40-something to have. They're like my own.

Yiasou file! Fellow Greek UConn alum here. We all feel the same pride for this special team. Great story you posted too. Sylipitiria gia ton patera sou. 8a xeraite apo ton paradiso.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No tears here just pure euphoria! Now, in retrospect, getting to share this with my son, now as a college freshman, as we did in 2011 & 2004 (he was excited at moments but too young to really be part of 1999) was a very special moment and now that he is on the road back to school I know that the tears will come soon.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Definitely got teary eyed today. The torch has truly been passed to KO, and you could feel it. We are a very lucky group to be able to witness this.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I've lost some of my Voice, Yelling at my tv so much, during all of these past games. What an awesome Run, this has been. Reminds me so much of the run in 2011. Napier playing like Kemba, Daniels playing like Lamb, Boat playing like Napier did, in 2011. Nolan playing defense like AO did. Just an Awesome Time, watching this Current run to the Final 4. I've never Posted on this message board, but I read it Daily. Thanks to Uconn and this Board, for this Awesome Ride.

Reaction Score
Efharisto!

Yiasou file! Fellow Greek UConn alum here. We all feel the same pride for this special team. Great story you posted too. Sylipitiria gia ton patera sou. 8a xeraite apo ton paradiso.

Reaction Score

This one is a very significant victory for Connecticut. This basically seals the transition between JC and Kevin Ollie which hasn't been a smooth one to say the least (i.e CR, APR violations...). This one proves to potential recruits that Connecticut is still a viable place to compete for Final Fours and championships. Its definitely a big one so no shame in having tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom