I slipped, too, Stewie when I recruited you | The Boneyard

I slipped, too, Stewie when I recruited you

Status
Not open for further replies.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...I wish there was something better waiting for her than the second class status of the WNBA.
Then it looks like your wish may come true [because Stewie's been doing a lot more than just wishing about it] !
upload_2016-3-18_23-21-35.png

Reaction Score
Noir indeed... It's a job doing what she loves in her birth country in front of fans who appreciate her game.

If you think being the best at what she does and making about forty grand doing it after tax for the next four years unless she wants to play for most of the year for a myriad of foreign billionaires like a circus animal is peachy then I guess we'll just have to differ on our definitions of, "a job".

Reaction Score
http://ct-n.com/ctnplayer.asp?odID=12602

advance it to 30 minutes. some choice words of praise for Gabby and Crystal.

Fantastic! Now that's a speech worth hearing. Geno's folksy, extemporaneous manner belies his true brilliance. We are beyond blessed to have him.

A few salient points that stuck out, for those who can't, but should, spare 30 minutes to listen:

- "Parents today are screwed up, they want to be their kid's best friend." Better they should just "give 'em a good whack."

- Never heard Geno rave about a recruit like he did about Crystal Dangerfield. He called her a smaller version of Moriah. Wow!

- Despite all his bluster, Geno is quite humble. He gives all the credit for UConn's success to his players and his coaches.

- It was beautiful the way he acknowledged Tierney Lawlor and Briana Pulido for their contributions, saying "they are stars in their roles."

There is so much more great stuff in that Chamber of Commerce 'speech.' Worth taking the time and listening to.
[thanks a ton, bags27, for making Geno's words available to us]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno is an overall great person! Yes he's a great coach, but I'd prefer a great person any day!

Reaction Score
Geno chowing down at a Chamber of Commerce breakfast. For some reason I can't stop chuckling. So small town and yet he seems right at home.
if you examine his contract, I believe that most of his salary comes from doing public relations for UConn. Probably a way to get around salary limitations at a public institution.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Regarding Crystal, he says they did the unthinkable. Not getting a kid from Tennessee, as I thought he was going to say. Getting a kid who is smaller than Moriah. He said, look at how small Moriah is and how good she is. They thought if they got someone even smaller, she could be even better. LOL! He calls her the best PG in America and a great kid from a great family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom