I saw the headline and thought for sure we'd be on this list | The Boneyard

I saw the headline and thought for sure we'd be on this list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This best option of the Big 12 is to add BYU and UConn. Cinci can make a pretty good argument but everyone else beyond that has major issues.

But the Big 12 doesn't do anything until forced to so until the NCAA tells us that we have to play a CCG I dont' see us adding any teams. We should take the 2 teams we add and utilize that content for a conference network. But that would require forward thinking and long term planning.

A forward thinking/long term plan would include invitations for BYU, Boise State, Cincy and UConn. The Big XII expands it's footprint to the east and west, gives travel partners to West Virginia and effectively takes the top four brands left in the G5. BYU, Boise and Cincy add to the football profile of the conference, while UConn carries it's weight with basketball and other sports programs. Divisions could look like the following:

East: UConn, Cincy, WVU, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, OK State
West: BYU, Boise, TCU, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech

Reaction Score
I think the best 2 schools would be BYU and UConn to get to 12 and from there create a streaming conference network.

Schools like Boise seem great on the surface but when you look at the overall AD and Academics its' really not a good fit as they would be operating at a huge disadvantage. I really think they are in the best spot for their program in the MW.

The best situation for everyone would be for the B1G and SEC to take V-Tech, UVA, UNC, and NCST. Then Clemson and FSU to the Big 12. UConn, Cinci, Memphis, UCF, USF, ECU, Houston to the ACC. BYU and SMU to the MW.
But in your best situation, UCONN would be right back where it started. Outside the P4 looking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom