I miss Frank The Tank realignment articles | The Boneyard

I miss Frank The Tank realignment articles

Reaction Score
I check Frank The Tank’s website from time to time hoping for a new realignment article. It’s been nearly a year since his last one. Back in the day, he posted all the time. I love reading the old articles. It’s like an archive on the history of realignment.

My favorite ones were where he evaluated what each possible addition to the B1G brought to the table back before Nebraska was added. I would love to see an updated version of this now that geography has been thrown out the window and times are changing.

Maybe an analysis of the contenders for a B1G or SEC invite? Who might end up in the Big 12? Does the PAC have any realistic options for expansion outside of maybe SDSU and SMU? Does the ACC stand pat with its GOR until the conference blows up near the end of that GOR? What becomes of UConn? Does Notre Dame stay independent?

Lots of potential topics that I would enjoy reading about from his analysis.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How many Frank the Tanks are there? Is it a Sonny Boy Williamson kind of thing?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's a smart guy, lawyer, and writes well. He has some B1G connections but some of what he has written, including about UConn, reflected the usual biases and gaps in knowledge that most people have when talking about this subject (and UConn in particular). That includes all of us. Some of the negative biases posters here have towards midwestern and southern schools/states border on the absurd. I haven't seen anybody who really brought an objective, neutral view. Frank was closer than many, I'll give him that.

Reaction Score
He's a smart guy, lawyer, and writes well.
I guess looks can be deceiving!

IMG_4876.jpeg

Reaction Score
I just checked and no new articles have been posted yet.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He used to post here in the height of expansion

Frank has been around for so long that he was writing about expansion way back before the Big Ten invited Penn State - and the Big Ten was actually reading and thinking about his stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom