I love KLS game right now | The Boneyard

I love KLS game right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She is not playing anything like a freshman, very active on the floor, playing very good defense in general, great passing (I think she is one of the best passer on the team), really improving shot, could be a little more aggressive with the rebound. Other than scoring, I am not sure if her overall game is not better than Stewie at this point when Stewie was a freshman. You can see why she was the best player coming out of high school. I don't understand why she is such a polarizing figure on the SoCal board. Definitely will have her name on the wall when it is all said and done.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She is not playing anything like a freshman, very active on the floor, playing very good defense in general, great passing (I think she is one of the best passer on the team), really improving shot, could be a little more aggressive with the rebound. Other than scoring, I am not sure if her overall game is not better than Stewie at this point when Stewie was a freshman. You can see why she was the best player coming out of high school. I don't understand why she is such a polarizing figure on the SoCal board. Definitely will have her name on the wall when it is all said and done.
Agree. She's playing better than I thought she would as a FR. I figured she'd be really really good by the time she's a JR/SR, but she seems ahead of the curve already. Yep, another name on the wall.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

She's playing excellent ball and just needs a tad more muscle and aggression for next year. It appears that she'll be the next UC superstar. You go, girl!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that whomever Lou was guarding(most of the time #20), did not score a field goal in the game. I know Lou got called for a foul, outside the arc, and the girl scored all 3 free throws, but I am pretty sure nobody scored a FG. #20 did score a basket(s) but Lou was on the bench. Also, nobody in the zone Lou was covering, when not man to man, scored.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's not going out on a limb since she was such a highly-rated recruit but I remain convinced she will be an All-American and perhaps an NPOY candidate in her sophomore year.

I think people are underestimating how good Collier and KLS will be. These are consensus top-5 recruits with immense potential. Geno is the best in the business at helping players reach their potential. They light hasn't quite come on yet for those two but when it does they will both be special

Some of us have liked KLS's game for a while...

(these quotes aren't time stamped but both are from December)

Reaction Score
Her game is more effective when she "dribble drives" for the pull up. I can't remember her ever missing that shot. Her 2 point FG percentage has to be off the charts.

Lou is currently shooting at a 70% rate for 2 pt. fg. Attempts.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
What is the SoCal board?
So Cal hoops is a place to post messages on both WBB and MBB(separate forums for each). However, there is no registration so people can post under any name, change their posting name from post to post, and post what they want. The moderator, or owner of the board, deletes foul language, but not posts that dont have foul language. Over the years it has been a bashing board, IMO, than an informative discussion place. I normally go there during club, or travel ball time to find schedules that are posted by the hosts of the events, otherwise its not worth the time. There are many people over the years who have knocked both KLS and KLM, among many others. Also, they knock teams, coaches, parents of teams, etc. If you like that stuff, then its the place to be. Not my style. By the way, there is also a lot of spam, including sexual type posts that show up there, that the moderator also deletes, when they can catch up to it.

Reaction Score
Lou is currently shooting at a 70% rate for 2 pt. fg. Attempts.

In 29 games, she is 48-68 on threes. Barely more than two attempts a game from inside the arc, and some of those are fast break layups. Also only 33 trips to the line for the year. Those two stats clearly indicate that she needs to work on getting to the rim more. I expect to see a more balanced game from her next year with a year of experience and with Stewie gone.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that whomever Lou was guarding(most of the time #20), did not score a field goal in the game. I know Lou got called for a foul, outside the arc, and the girl scored all 3 free throws, but I am pretty sure nobody scored a FG. #20 did score a basket(s) but Lou was on the bench. Also, nobody in the zone Lou was covering, when not man to man, scored.

I believe she did that twice, both on switches, and both times very questionable calls from the officials. She was also called for a foul on a play that was an obvious charge; her jaw fouled the offensive player's elbow. Defensively, she is so far ahead of Stewie as a Freshman, and the pull up jumpers off the dribble will be more frequent next year when she isn't competing for space inside with the two best driving front court players in the women's game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In 29 games, she is 48-68 on threes. Barely more than two attempts a game from inside the arc, and some of those are fast break layups. Also only 33 trips to the line for the year. Those two stats clearly indicate that she needs to work on getting to the rim more. I expect to see a more balanced game from her next year with a year of experience and with Stewie gone.
When you are playing a lot of minutes with two of Tuck Stewart Gabby and Collier there is only so much time you can take in the low post area and not a lot of room to drive in there. In general the team would rather have her outside making the entry passes to one of those four than trying to get the entry pass from one of them. She has been rotating through and posting up - got fouled on a post up last night, but on the current team she isn't going to be the primary option to do that. Geno mentioned that having her outside requires a team to respect her three and move a player further from the lane creating a little more room.

I would like her taking a few more mid range shots, but again she is playing with Stewart who is the primary player the team runs that foul-line stagger screen play for so she doesn't get that many opportunities on set plays (had one that she hit in one of these last two games which is the first I remember actually being run for her.)

That spacing with her both playing outside on offense and doing a fair amount of outside defensive work is one reason her rebounding numbers aren't that great. And one reason her assists numbers are pretty impressive. She'll end the year somewhere around 85 assists with a 2-1 assist/TO ratio. (more assists and fewer TOs than Moriah as a freshman.)

Reaction Score
Her play is no surprise to me. Rather her slow start was. But then I got to see her play in significant games ( games against tough teams that actually mattered ) the kind of games hat define real players from the pretenders.

The reason she is disliked by some in SC is that she got the reputation as a flopper along with being a player who got favorable calls. She did do a bit of flopping, but then again she was a constant target by the opposition so it was probably a necessity to keep herself from getting killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom