I JUST LOVE OUR "BIG LOOK" ! | The Boneyard

I JUST LOVE OUR "BIG LOOK" !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just love our look when Stef, Kiah, Breanna, Bria, and MoJeff are on the floor. It allows Breanna to leak out into the open floor more. She is crazy unstoppable leaking out for outlet passes from Stef and Kiah .

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Good to have great options, and to have opponents' heads spin both ways.

Reaction Score
The offense can slow down a bit when they go with the 3 bigs, but I like the defensive look. Absolutely a back breaker for the opposition especially if they're not an outside shooting team or cold from beyond the arc. That really has to be the most frustrating thing about playing UConn - the defense. There is a distinct pattern of substitution in the last several weeks. Kiah comes in for Mosqueda-Lewis right after the first run at the start of the game, and I think that's part of the game plan. Get up 8-12 points, bring in Kiah and destroy whatever offensive flow and confidence the other team has left, while maybe padding the lead a little. Then bring back in Mosqueda-Lewis to maximize offensive output and go on a 13-2 type run to close out the half, and just like that UConn's lead is around 20 by the break and the game is basically over.

HGN

Reaction Score
If a team is not a good outside shooting team , this UConn Big look is a killer for the other guy. You get no drives , no rebounds , nothing in the paint.

Reaction Score
If a team is not a good outside shooting team , this UConn Big look is a killer for the other guy. You get no drives , no rebounds , nothing in the paint.
N.D. was leading NCAA in 3 pt % but they weren't shooting many shots so not sure under which category they fall. But I would put somebody on McBride and not leave her alone. She really gave us a terrible time last season. Jewel is like Bria, she is going to get her points. Can't picture N.D. winning but it should be a great game.

51 TO GO

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I just love our look when Stef, Kiah, Breanna, Bria, and MoJeff are on the floor. It allows Breanna to leak out into the open floor more. She is crazy unstoppable leaking out for outlet passes from Stef and Kiah .
I love it as well... back to my comment at the start of the season, Stokes should start... with firepower coming off the bench (sadly it should be KML)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I love it as well... back to my comment at the start of the season, Stokes should start... with firepower coming off the bench (sadly it should be KML)
hmmm, that's not gonna happen.

Reaction Score
Should also note, that Kiah and Stewie close quickly on 3pt shooters and sometimes block those shots too.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know I keep reading this stuff on the boards talking about teams that can beat UConn. UConn has beaten every team and really it hasnt been close. Not even a concern that they would lose. When you stand 6'5 6'4 6'3 have 3 number 1 HS POY an AA guard, the best shooter in WCBB and shot 3 shot blockers like we have and one water bug that comes out of no where to steal balls and give them all to a coach like Geno and avg almost 40pt a game wins and almost 20pt game wins against top teams how can you even think of ways to lose. I can't. UConn has had key injuries, kids sick a short bench and still is disciplined enough to know how to play, not get in foul trouble, execute on both sides of the ball and people are thinking of ways they could lose. I can tell you it aint happenin. Why? They are so much more advanced then other teams mentally and how to play the game that it would have to be a freak of nature for them to lose. Really think about it. Think about everything they've overcome this season and really never been challenged by any opponent and they've played the best. I keep reading about ND can challenged UConn. ND is the second best team in WCBB. They lack height and really dont have the height or balanced scoring attack to stay with UConn. Now the next question. How does ND stop UConn one on one and stay out of foul trouble? You cant guard 5 AAs one on one knowing that any one of them can go off and carry the team, especially when you have Breanna surrounded by them. IMO its a given UConn goes to Nashville and the only other question is who will be joining them. Next season UConn brings back another tremendous team and the question will come up again. Who can stop UConn.

Reaction Score
You know I keep reading this stuff on the boards talking about teams that can beat UConn. UConn has beaten every team and really it hasnt been close. Not even a concern that they would lose. When you stand 6'5 6'4 6'3 have 3 number 1 HS POY an AA guard, the best shooter in WCBB and shot 3 shot blockers like we have and one water bug that comes out of no where to steal balls and give them all to a coach like Geno and avg almost 40pt a game wins and almost 20pt game wins against top teams how can you even think of ways to lose. I can't. UConn has had key injuries, kids sick a short bench and still is disciplined enough to know how to play, not get in foul trouble, execute on both sides of the ball and people are thinking of ways they could lose. I can tell you it aint happenin. Why? They are so much more advanced then other teams mentally and how to play the game that it would have to be a freak of nature for them to lose. Really think about it. Think about everything they've overcome this season and really never been challenged by any opponent and they've played the best. I keep reading about ND can challenged UConn. ND is the second best team in WCBB. They lack height and really dont have the height or balanced scoring attack to stay with UConn. Now the next question. How does ND stop UConn one on one and stay out of foul trouble? You cant guard 5 AAs one on one knowing that any one of them can go off and carry the team, especially when you have Breanna surrounded by them. IMO its a given UConn goes to Nashville and the only other question is who will be joining them. Next season UConn brings back another tremendous team and the question will come up again. Who can stop UConn.
Love it Tony and I agree mostly.
Just not as confident as you for next year, unless we get you know who, which I doubt.

Reaction Score
Defensively I agree that pur 3 bigs in makes other teams look lost on offense. Kiahs block on Shoni from the corner three last game just shows how much ground it covers.

Offesnivly I agree that we slow down a bit but don't think it's a handicap. Recently Kiah is taking high percentage shots and looking for her offense, and understands she doesnt need to score alot, just take her shots when they are there, which makes sure teams dont sag off her and focus to much on Stewie and others.

In the AAC tourdament our half court offense might of struggled at times with out big lineup but we get alot of blocks, get into passing lanes and rebounds the fueled our fastbreak

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say this. If you think ND is good this season with McBride and Lloyd who are good scorers, and Achonwa in the middle and I forgot the girl who comes off the bench to hit treys. Well think of next season with Breanna KML Stokes Tuck Mojeff and Chong and Banks who dont have to defer to 5 AAs and Ekmark who is a terrifc shooter from what Im told along with Nurse Williams and Edwards. See I believe are starters next season are just as good if not better then NDs this season and next season ND graduates McBride Achonwa and Braker. Duke graduates 4-5 Stanford Chiney Baylor Sims Tenn Simmons. UConn looks pretty good next season. Yes I know ND has a great freshman class as does Duke...but we've got Breanna and KML both number 1 HS POY and Mojeff number 2 and Tuck. Both Mojeff and Tuck were number 1 's. We still look very good next season and as Chong takes off and I believe she will we are gonna be great again. I dont expect us to be at the level we are this season as I believe this years team is just as good as the TASS+Diana team. I also believe this years team will have all starters 1st team AAs and Breanna POY and Greatest Player in WCBB along with Diana.

Reaction Score
The regional other than in Louisville, most of the team have played UCONN and they will not be able to simulate them in practice with their length and speed......LINCOLN feels good....

Reaction Score
Let me say this. If you think ND is good this season with McBride and Lloyd who are good scorers, and Achonwa in the middle and I forgot the girl who comes off the bench to hit treys. Well think of next season with Breanna KML Stokes Tuck Mojeff and Chong and Banks who dont have to defer to 5 AAs and Ekmark who is a terrifc shooter from what Im told along with Nurse Williams and Edwards. See I believe are starters next season are just as good if not better then NDs this season and next season ND graduates McBride Achonwa and Braker. Duke graduates 4-5 Stanford Chiney Baylor Sims Tenn Simmons. UConn looks pretty good next season. Yes I know ND has a great freshman class as does Duke...but we've got Breanna and KML both number 1 HS POY and Mojeff number 2 and Tuck. Both Mojeff and Tuck were number 1 's. We still look very good next season and as Chong takes off and I believe she will we are gonna be great again. I dont expect us to be at the level we are this season as I believe this years team is just as good as the TASS+Diana team. I also believe this years team will have all starters 1st team AAs and Breanna POY and Greatest Player in WCBB along with Diana.
Tony, I agree only if Tuck comes back strong. And that's a big IF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom