I have completely lost interest in this program | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I have completely lost interest in this program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will NEVER lose interest in my alma mater. I've been a fan of UConn athletics sine the early 60's, listening George Erlich's play-by-play on WTIC (& on the hoops side, watching the old Channel 8 package during the Kimball, Wes B., Penders years). UConn athletics have always strived for excellence, & I don't see the current offensive coaching philosophy in harmony with that pursuit. If there is not an improvement by the end of the season (i.e. winning enough for bowl eligibility) then changes will be mandated. I trust that W. Manual sees this also.

Reaction Score
Unless you are going back to Jackson losing to New Haven I'm not sure that this is true.

In 2005 we had a glimmer of hope as we played a spirited season ending game against a very talented Louisville team. That squad was decimated by injuries (especially at QB) and a true freshman was a bad snap safety away from beating a decent Rutgers team.

In 2006 we discovered a very talented freshman RB at mid-season.

Unless we have a bowl bid locked up before our final two games (Louisville, Cincinnati), we will likely have a two season stretch very similar to '05 & '06 but with less to look forward to than we had in those years.

I was saying this exact thing to my friend after the game yesterday. However if things stay the way they are, it's going to get worse. Whats there to look forward to? Another year of run run pass offense accomplishing nothing but wasting the talent we have until the kids graduate

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
UConn athletics have always strived for excellence, & I don't see the current offensive coaching philosophy in harmony with that pursuit.

BINGO. That's my ultimate issue. I don't see anything that says we're in it to win it and we trust our players

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Soccer scores on offense are anti-American. Better to lose with basketball scores and an air game 57-55 than to lose 9-7. It's the American way. There are never too many notes or points Herrmeister.

When Coach PP was hired it was understood he was a caretaker coach. Let's face it, he's not going to coach here for 20 years. He's a 5 year contract and out. 4 years if he plays sub-500, he loses fans, and the right coach is available. Getting him out of here in less than 4 years will be next to impossible if he plays .500 ball this year beating SU and Pitt. If he's 5-3 in two weeks then those tweets look like fan hysteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom