I have a serious basketball problem developing. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I have a serious basketball problem developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My question for all is if we went to the ACC would we hate ourselves?

If you hated the converts before then fine but to hate them more because they were lucky to get out the BE before us, well it seems a bit jealous.

My levels: dook always but much less than before (they are irrelevant), pitt/cuse the same. ville was always too new to the BE to develop hatred. My new villain is uk. I could use some more targets for my venom, and looking at this thread for suggestions.

Scot-e is Georgetown off your list?

Reaction Score
As crazy as things have become, Duke and UNC are our allies in the ACC now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You've made the fundemental, but understandable, error of thinking that your capacity to hate is limited. What conference realignment has taught me is that it is in fact unlimited. As I watched on and off the BET I've come to realize that I hate pretty much every other team. Sad you say? Au contraire, now every game is a rivalry game, because I want to crush them all.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
1. Syracuse
2. Duke

Always.

For various reasons I have some hatred borne for Pitt, Louisville, Providence, Notre Dame, UMass, and yes, even that irrelevant little Jesuit hockey school located 78 miles to the northeast, but for none do I feel even close to the level of hatred I feel for Syracuse.

Reaction Score
I'll have to call this reply(my second) to your post "The Scot-e Love-Hate Conundrum". We do in fact have the right,born of considerable success, to confront each opponent with a mixture of vile and respect, disdain and admiration, and hate vs. entertainment value. The last combination(hate vs. entertainment value) is especially interesting when applied to Pitt because there have been some towering competitions filled with great basketball and, at the same time, dirty play on the court(as referenced by WhereistheDove?'s video) and atrocious fan behavior off the court(directed at Khalid in 1998 at Pitt before, during and after Khalid "Take That Pitt!!" El-Amin's shot). That was hate. But we love Pitt because they( specifically Gary McGhee) have given us "The Ankle Breaker" that will warm our collective Husky hearts for many,many,many,many(How many years Pitt?) MANY years to come. :D

GO HUSKIES!!!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

I've had a disdain for Pitt ever since this. That was such an incredibly dirty team.

Certainly looks (and looked) like a deliberate attempt to break Hasheem's arm. The most sickening part was that the zebras called a foul on Hasheem!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have no issue with Pitt. Not their fault they were beneficiary of BC's angst against us. Cuse, otoh, can DIAF.

I suppose in a game between Cuse and Duke I'd root against whichever team needed it more. Then again, I don't expect Cuse will be in an ACC tourney championship or get past the Sweet 16 again for a long, long time, if ever.
No way of knowing if events would have played out differently but Pitt, ND and Georgetown all voted down the original ESPN contract about 1 1/2 years ago. The Pitt president was chair of the BE university presidents. Shortly after the vote (within 6 months) Pitt and Cuse bolted. So Pitt is enemy number 1 as far as I'm concerned. Cuse is second because they feel they are superior to everyone. ND is third because they are self centered. They are a virus waiting for the host to fail before acting on their agenda. They are the opposite of good faith partners.

I don't hold anything against WV, Ville, Gtown or the other C7 members other than the normal antagonism of rivals.

The ship sank with Pitt and Cuse leaving and Pitt voting down the contract. Everyone found lifeboats except UConn, Cincy and USF and USF was on a rubber tube when it was accepted into the conference.

I want Duke and NC to wipe out BC, Miami, Pitt, Cuse and ND every season. I want those teams to be bottom dwellers. I bear no animosity to Louisville or VT.

Reaction Score

If you hated the converts before then fine but to hate them more because they were lucky to get out the BE before us, well it seems a bit jealous.

My levels: dook always but much less than before (they are irrelevant), pitt/cuse the same. ville was always too new to the BE to develop hatred. My new villain is uk. I could use some more targets for my venom, and looking at this thread for suggestions.

Scot-e is Georgetown off your list?
NO Gtown (PE-TOOWEY!!) is on a list carved in stone for all time.

Reaction Score
Certainly looks (and looked) like a deliberate attempt to break Hasheem's arm. The most sickening part was that the zebras called a foul on Hasheem!

He should have been thrown out of that game at the very least and possibly suspended. The refs' and the league's handling of that situation was an utter and complete joke. It is so blatantly intentional.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

No, it has to do with the revelation of how classless the Syracuse fanbase really is as a whole.

I used to respect a lot of the fans, teams, and coaches of our conference brethren, and root for them to succeed when not playing us, including Syracuse. For some odd reason, I believed most of them reciprocated.

I was wrong. I could not have been more wrong, in fact. They hate us like Iago hated Othello, and that changes everything.

Reaction Score
No, it has to do with the revelation of how classless the Syracuse fanbase really is as a whole.

I used to respect a lot of the fans, teams, and coaches of our conference brethren, and root for them to succeed when not playing us, including Syracuse. For some odd reason, I believed most of them reciprocated.

I was wrong. I could not have been more wrong, in fact. They hate us like Iago hated Othello, and that changes everything.

Couldn't have said it better- that's the way I feel.

I think Pitt has a very solid chance of going the route of BC. I think they'll be ok while Dixon is there though.

Syracuse and UL will compete with Duke and UNC and I actually think UL will be tops in that conference while Pitino is still coaching there. Both Cuse and UL have too many positives with their bball programs (good traditions, big fanbase, large arenas, money)to sink into too big a funk ala BC.

Reaction Score
Talking only basketball here I see Quse starting a slow decline in the ACC. The 2-3 zone will not work as well against a teams filled with jump shooting teams. They will get picked apart- combine that with the fact they are not gong to be able to play as "strong" a zone and are going to get called for every ticky tac foul under the sun.

Might be tough for them- glad all I want is for the entire team to get herpes.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Talking only basketball here I see Quse starting a slow decline in the ACC. The 2-3 zone will not work as well against a teams filled with jump shooting teams. They will get picked apart- combine that with the fact they are not gong to be able to play as "strong" a zone and are going to get called for every ticky tac foul under the sun.

Might be tough for them- glad all I want is for the entire team to get herpes.
And to be fair, the contact that Syrabuse creates inside the zone is far from ticky-tacky...major hacking going on in there! ACC refs start calling that and they will definitely be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom