I have a serious basketball problem developing. | The Boneyard

I have a serious basketball problem developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been having the strangest thoughts and may need to be talked off the ledge.

I am starting to think that Dook may be replaced at the top of my ACC hate list. (I know- hanging offense). But I picture Pitt (scum) and Quse playing in the ACC and I can not help the fact that I would take some joy watching them get beat even by the likes of Dook. Have a lost it? Anyone feel the same way?

Please help.

Reaction Score
I am not saying that they are not on their way to being the next BC of the ACC- but I am having a problem. Pitt (scum) plays dook next year who do you route for? I mean I can not route for the team that single handedly destroyed the BE- can I?

Reaction Score
I am not saying that they are not on their way to being the next BC of the ACC- but I am having a problem. Pitt (scum) plays dook next year who do you route for? I mean I can not route for the team that single handedly destroyed the BE- can I?
It's easy. Yes the (used to be)Big East traitors will always be on our list of elite scumbags.

BUT, close your eyes and remember Tropicana Fields with all of the Puke fans walking around with buttons that said "Duke and The Final Three". Then remember in the last two minutes or so watching Krapascrewdookski's family huddled together with tears flowing when the seeds of doubt firmly set in and then final whistle sounded. Then fast forward to 2004 and the national semi-final when J(erk)J(erk) Redpuke refused to shake hands with our players preferring to stomp off into collegiate obscurity(where is he hoopin' now? Coming off the bench with that stellar franchise in Milwaukee I think). And, finally, visualize, Krapascrewdookski's nose that goes on forever,furrowed brow,red face and hair that will be black when he is 112 years old as he berates yet another referee who just doesn't understand that he is God. You can be reincarnated 7 billion 450 thousand 6 hundred and 2 point 5 years from now and..............................PUKE WILL STILL SUCK THE BIG WEENIE!!!!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
No, you are not losing it any more than usual (;)). I have no dislike for Pitt, but I do find myself disliking Syracuse after the reports of Boeheim dissing Calhoun when out of the public eye and supposedly not supporting UConn to the ACC. With UK getting their pick of the recruits, Dook has dropped down the list of "hate-ables" for me.

Reaction Score
It's not a hanging offense at all these days.

There's about a dozen teams in the ACC I want to see burn to the ground (the Florida schools, Clemson, every former Big East school).

Duke, on the other hand, I only want to suffer painfully.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm with you Scote-e!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Don't share the Pitt vendetta but Syrabuse definitely vies with Dook for most hate able

Reaction Score
Dook has not beaten us in about a billion years. They arent a threat. The hate is still there....but barely, as i often forget they exist.

Reaction Score
I root for Duke against Pitt. Nit sure about Cuse. They destroyed our conference.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Dook has not beaten us in about a billion years. They arent a threat. The hate is still there....but barely, as i often forget they exist.

Duke beat them at the garden during 2009-10 season. That Husky team underachieved big time

Reaction Score
It is actually when everyone says a team can beat UConn when they cant or wont that is most irritating. Teams can beat UConn because they are excellent teams or play very well. Beating UConn doesn't have to be a hate able offense unless it is done in a dick-y way. Dook will always be hated for lifetime achievement of weenies and for 99 etc & BC and whatever cheating team Calipari coaches.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sorry, I still hate Duke the most. Just look at their bench with Coach K, Collins and Wojo. It's like a whose who of bags
Like there isn't someone outside the Puke family who can coach!!!! All those McDonald AAs who never sniffed the NBA sitting right next to the master whinner. Did anyone from Duke go onto the NBA besides Battier and Grant Hill who stayed more than 2yrs in school do anything worthwhile in the NBA? Granted UCONN has a bench full of explayers but there have been many non alumni in the past

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have been having the strangest thoughts and may need to be talked off the ledge.

I am starting to think that Dook may be replaced at the top of my ACC hate list. (I know- hanging offense). But I picture Pitt (scum) and Quse playing in the ACC and I can not help the fact that I would take some joy watching them get beat even by the likes of Dook. Have a lost it? Anyone feel the same way?

Please help.

Nah.

I don't hate Duke - that demon got beaten to death by a shovel a ways back. The last time I saw that demon, Rashad Anderson was waving its head in the air.

If anything, I find them useful now. If we hated to see them win year in and year, think of the pain they cause the rest of the ACC - I hope Duke goes undefeated in that conference each and every year from now until the end of time*. I hope they get every whistle and they shoot 105 free throws a night. I want Coach K hugging s*** like he has never hugged before.

I would like them to lose to Albany, of course, but right after that game, they're free to go on a 297-game in-conference win streak.

* Opinion generated based on the current constitution of the Atlantic Coast Conference, aka "those duck*ing hayseeds", and subject to change as conditions warrant.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have no issue with Pitt. Not their fault they were beneficiary of BC's angst against us. Cuse, otoh, can DIAF.

I suppose in a game between Cuse and Duke I'd root against whichever team needed it more. Then again, I don't expect Cuse will be in an ACC tourney championship or get past the Sweet 16 again for a long, long time, if ever.

Reaction Score
Anyone feel the same way?

Please help.

An emphatic, "hell yeah!"

No need for help. I haven't disliked dook as much since 2004 (with a few exceptions). In fact I have become somewhat indifferent, however if they are upset I don't mind ;).

Syracuse and Pitt, on the other hand, are pure scum.

Petoowey!;)

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Yep, those Duke demons were exorcised a while ago. While the contrast of Coach K snarling one second and being all softee the next makes me throw up a bit in my mouth I have to say I am way past the Duke hate.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to replace Duke with the school that is two faced in every possible way: Syracuse.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I hate Duke in the good way born out of competition on the field of play. I enjoy when they're upset by teams like Lehigh a little bit more than say another top program being upset. I actually wish them success in that I'd love to meet them in the Final Four and a beat them and watch them cry again. I hate them in the same way that as a Red Sox fan I hate the Yankees. I used to hate Syrcause that way too.... not any more. I hope they wallow in ACC purgatory like BC has. Losing in the first weekend of the NCAA tournament is too good for them. I want their fan base to know the joy of losing in the first round of the ACC playoffs to a crap NC State team because the refs are all NC homers.

Reaction Score
I'm with you Scot-e. The dookies are and will always be a bunch of pansies but are less worthy of our disdain these days. I'll root for those pansies over Scum Thugball and Syr-excuse zone and Devendorf-like players and most importantly delusional jerk fan base. Never thought I'd say that but it's true. But Duck Fook anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom