I have a question about the "new" ACC. | The Boneyard

I have a question about the "new" ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a problem these days that goes against the center of my college basketball beliefs.

As many here know I am not a huge fan of Gtown, Dook and Pitt (scum). Gtown is not part of my problem and I am pleased to continue my utter distain for their program. My problem is Dook.

I have visions of Dook playing Pitt (scum) and Quse next year and I find myself leaning toward a W for Dook. I know- crazy. This is coming from a guy who told his wife's boss he could not sit with us ( we got upgraded seats when UCONN made the FF) because he was a Dook fan. (Took me quite a while to live that one down). I own a "Duck Fuke" shirt and it is nicely broken in- I sometime spit like a Chinese person on the street after someone in a Dook shirt walks by and there are a lot of them in Atlanta.

Is anyone else having this conflict? I am I out of line to possibly "route" for Dook over Quse and Pitt (scum). In a way I feel sorry for them (not really)- the ACC just had their drunk -dim witted 3rd cousin from the country move into their house. They are going to hate each other 5 minutes after they start interacting.

Reaction Score
Being from Raleigh, I'm surround by Duke, Carolina and State fans and I cannot wait until their teams go to the Carrier Dome and the Zoo.

I really want to see the good Big East teams come into the ACC and push people around. And I'm talking about the good Big East teams. Not that 2004 Stop... :)

pj

Reaction Score
It's a win-win for us. Either Duke loses, Cuse loses, or Pitt loses.

I personally want to see the northeast ACC teams fail and UConn be the leading athletic program in the northeast.

I think you should get over your Duke hatred, and make friends with your wife's boss.

Reaction Score
It's a win-win for us. Either Duke loses, Cuse loses, or Pitt loses.

I personally want to see the northeast ACC teams fail and UConn be the leading athletic program in the northeast.

I think you should get over your Duke hatred, and make friends with your wife's boss.

In the very little time I spent with Scot-e, I believe he'll hate Duke till the day he dies.

Reaction Score
Scote - here's the solution: Change the channel and avoid message board at all costs and your blood pressure will drop.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Still don't get the Duke hate. UConn vs. Duke games have given me some of my greatest joys. 1990 stunk, but I'd say UConn repaid that over the ensuing decades, with interest.

Reaction Score
I have a problem these days that goes against the center of my college basketball beliefs.

As many here know I am not a huge fan of Gtown, Dook and Pitt (scum). Gtown is not part of my problem and I am pleased to continue my utter distain for their program. My problem is Dook.

I have visions of Dook playing Pitt (scum) and Quse next year and I find myself leaning toward a W for Dook. I know- crazy. This is coming from a guy who told his wife's boss he could not sit with us ( we got upgraded seats when UCONN made the FF) because he was a Dook fan. (Took me quite a while to live that one down). I own a "Duck Fuke" shirt and it is nicely broken in- I sometime spit like a Chinese person on the street after someone in a Dook shirt walks by and there are a lot of them in Atlanta.

Is anyone else having this conflict? I am I out of line to possibly "route" for Dook over Quse and Pitt (scum). In a way I feel sorry for them (not really)- the ACC just had their drunk -dim witted 3rd cousin from the country move into their house. They are going to hate each other 5 minutes after they start interacting.
Ya know, until you mentioned it, the thought of who I would prefer to win never crossed my mind but now I definitely want to see Cuse and Pitt get thrashed along with ND. In fact, I will consume many celebration beverages if they don't make the tourney. I can't get over the sour grapes yet, maybe in 10 years.

Reaction Score
This one is easy. Hope everyone goes 0.500 against each other in league play, always rooting for the lower rated team to win... Hopefully after everyone underwhelms in their earlier out of conference schedules. Then come tournament selection time, the committee is not impressed! As has been the case with the ACC in most recent years...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Never liked duke. That said, K is a HOFer, even if he is King Rat, and his and his school's legacy isn't going to suffer with losses to Pitt and Cuse. But Pitt and Cuse could fall off the duckin map like BC did if they get trounced enough. duck em all.

I want duke. God that's weird.

Reaction Score
Never liked duke. That said, K is a HOFer, even if he is King Rat, and his and his school's legacy isn't going to suffer with losses to Pitt and Cuse. But Pitt and Cuse could fall off the duckin map like BC did if they get trounced enough. duck em all.

I want duke. God that's weird.

Actually, they're known as Puke and Coach K is known as Rat Face. Google Rat Face, you'll find some interesting stuff. LOL

Reaction Score
I don't think there's a team i wouldn't root for against Syracuse. They could play the Taliban Traveling All-Stars and I'd root against Syracuse. I stopped giving a sh it about Duke a long time ago. Probably around '04. They're just another team to me.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I actually haven't strongly disliked Duke for awhile.

I hate all the former BE team by far the most and even more so now that they are in the ACC/Big10/Big12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom