I almost hope Oriakhi ends up at Kentucky | The Boneyard

I almost hope Oriakhi ends up at Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
...if that means UK loses out on Noels and/or Bennett. They've already signed a 5 in Cauley, and Poythress is hybrid 3/4, so if they add AO as well their front court is going to be pretty crowded. If that's the case perhaps Noels and/or Bennett look elsewhere (unfortunately I realize "elsewhere" wouldn't be UConn...)

I'm eternally grateful to Oriakhi for all that he did to help win the title in 2011, but let's be honest, even Alex at his best (i.e. Maui/Texas/FF Alex) isn't nearly as good as what the scouts are saying about Noels or Bennett. Getting AO would actually be a step down in recruiting for the Squid.

Reaction Score
From what I've read UK and Alex aren't even looking at each other... unless I missed something. At this point Alex's choices are supposedly UNC, Duke, Missouri, and Hofstra (surprise). I'd be pretty surprised to see him end up at UNC or Duke.... but you never know. Missouri wouldn't be a bad place for him obviously, but Hofstra... it's pretty clear he is only considering going there because of Jamal Coombs-McDaniel. It's sad when you let your decision on where to play college basketball in your final year of college be based solely on where your best friend is playing, especially when that school is completely irrelevant and would not be beneficial to his basketball career in any way. Ironic to use UConn's lack of postseason eligibility as a reason for transferring only to list Hofstra as one of the schools you are looking at transferring to.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
I saw a tweet the other day about UK being on his list. I'll see if I can find it.

Reaction Score
I don't think he will either, but if I'm going to hope for an outcome, I'd like Alex to finish here.

Why would this at all be a possibility when he said he's going to transfer?

Reaction Score
The only thing I am certain about is that AO will not be finishing his career at UConn. He bailed prematurely...his excuse is a stupid one and his father attacked JC and then tried to act like it wasnt aimed at JC. Bye AO.

Reaction Score
...if that means UK loses out on Noels and/or Bennett. They've already signed a 5 in Cauley, and Poythress is hybrid 3/4, so if they add AO as well their front court is going to be pretty crowded. If that's the case perhaps Noels and/or Bennett look elsewhere (unfortunately I realize "elsewhere" wouldn't be UConn...)

I'm eternally grateful to Oriakhi for all that he did to help win the title in 2011, but let's be honest, even Alex at his best (i.e. Maui/Texas/FF Alex) isn't nearly as good as what the scouts are saying about Noels or Bennett. Getting AO would actually be a step down in recruiting for the Squid.

If he couldn't beat out Tyler, Scoe or anyone else here to start, then why assume he's automatic at uk? Not sure how much of a threat he is to recruits, consideration maybe, but a threat, well that's unproven.

Reaction Score
Alex can't go to the SEC. They don't accept 1-year transfers. So Kentucky is out of the picture.

Reaction Score
He can't go to Kentucky, or any other SEC school, unless he gets an academic waiver that says that Kentucky has an academic program that he couldn't get at Uconn. Oriakhi's major at Uconn was something pretty standard so it seems it would be hard for him to make that argument, unless he's going to completely change his major in his final year.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It would be just a little funny if AO goes to UK along with Noel and once again is benched for a freshman. Noel seems to have the offensive repertoire of Drummond, which is to say none, so I can't imagine an AO and Noel frontcourt having any success offensively.

Reaction Score
unfortunately calipari could turn AO into a first rounder by just having that UK jersey on (sigh)
If he couldn't beat out Tyler, Scoe or anyone else here to start, then why assume he's automatic at uk? Not sure how much of a threat he is to recruits, consideration maybe, but a threat, well that's unproven.

Reaction Score
unfortunately calipari could turn AO into a first rounder by just having that UK jersey on (sigh)

Not if he can't get on the court because he's displaced by stud freshmen.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Numerous people reported that AO met with the Squid today. Also, many people reporting that Noel is leaning towards G'town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom