Hurley tweet (See you Saturday) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley tweet (See you Saturday)

Reaction Score
I think the loss will definitely be sitting in their minds because they'll want to be ready to respond the next time they are faced with adversity. They'll be ready.

Nice post here, looks like they've recovered

And Clingan went to Bristol to visit some middle schoolers.

Just a few hours after dealing with some foul trouble in a rare upset loss for the No. 1 UConn men’s basketball team, Donovan Clingan was back in Bristol, surprising students at Chippens Hill Middle School with a visit.

“Just forget about it, work for the next one and prepare for the next game,” Clingan told WTNH-TV. He had a similarly positive message for the students at Chippens Hill. “Just stick to your dreams, work and just try and give everything you can, and everything will be good.”

Alternate access:

Hours after Creighton loss, UConn’s Donovan Clingan surprises Bristol middle schoolers with visit

Reaction Score
Respect your opinion AG, but ANY coach worth his/her salt would be bothered by last night simply because it was a loss.
Especially the way the loss developed.
Didn't need to refuel - needed some adjustments

I don't think that the loss will hurt this team as much as some may think but it could be sitting in corners of players and coaches minds and anytime another team makes a meaningful run at UConn this season, got to hope those demons don't pop out.
In my many years of coaching that was one thing I was keenly aware of and talked about it consistently.
I’m thinking the coaching mentality/dynamic is just changing (see Rick pitino this weekend) it’s neither a coaches nor players world. It’s a partnership. Respect is earned. He doesn’t have to wallow in his beer to see if his players care. We all want to go undefeated. But I’d rather take a bad loss to a great team who played godly as an “oh well” moment than have our guys timid and drifting apart. We chasing hardware here and have a serious shot at a triple crown!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Respect your opinion AG, but ANY coach worth his/her salt would be bothered by last night simply because it was a loss.
Especially the way the loss developed.
Didn't need to refuel - needed some adjustments

I don't think that the loss will hurt this team as much as some may think but it could be sitting in corners of players and coaches minds and anytime another team makes a meaningful run at UConn this season, got to hope those demons don't pop out.
In my many years of coaching that was one thing I was keenly aware of and talked about it consistently.
I mean yea any competitor would be bothered by a loss. But I think he’s far from concerned.

And the refuel I’m speaking of his hunger. Sometimes you need to punched to remember you’re in a fight. We’d always rather win than lose. But that loss wasn’t the worst thing for this team. I think they’ll cream Villanova because of it

Reaction Score
And Clingan went to Bristol to visit some middle schoolers.

Just a few hours after dealing with some foul trouble in a rare upset loss for the No. 1 UConn men’s basketball team, Donovan Clingan was back in Bristol, surprising students at Chippens Hill Middle School with a visit.

“Just forget about it, work for the next one and prepare for the next game,” Clingan told WTNH-TV. He had a similarly positive message for the students at Chippens Hill. “Just stick to your dreams, work and just try and give everything you can, and everything will be good.”

Alternate access:

Hours after Creighton loss, UConn’s Donovan Clingan surprises Bristol middle schoolers with visit

This is how we are emotionally mature. And almost professional in our mindset.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a great recruiter but a real POS. He is Bobby Knight bad.
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Could someone explain this video to me. Is this in reference to the video of home yelling at fan??

We got our ()() kicked and Hurley is taking the walk of shame which I believe that scene is from games of thrones. Hurley is saying that it’s embarrassing but payback is coming.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley out-recruited Syracuse for Akok Akok, Andre Jackson, and Donovan Clingan, so he's half right.

I figured there had to be some back story for a post like that. Maybe he visited to check out our board's presumed meltdown. He was here after the Seton Hall and Kansas games too.

Oh, he's a Syracuse fan. That figures. Go back to not winning ANYTHING.

caw

Reaction Score
Oh, he's a Syracuse fan. That figures. Go back to not winning ANYTHING.

That's not fair to Cuse fans, they won the NCAAT 20 years ago. They have players on their team who weren't even alive the last time they won.

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley's stock is through the roof as far as I am concerned. This guy does it all and I love it. Apparently what he said was, "If you reach over, he'll knock you out," meaning security or someone else. The team is walking behind him and he aint messin' around. Awesome!

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley's stock is through the roof as far as I am concerned. This guy does it all and I love it. Apparently what he said was, "If you reach over, he'll knock you out," meaning security or someone else. The team is walking behind him and he aint messin' around. Awesome!

If you reach over, he'll knock you out. Seems like good advice.

Reaction Score
Video is kinda corny, but when he wins Saturday, I will commit to watching it again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom