Hurley on WWE Raw

Reaction Score
Has he dropped any elbows yet?

1715043461346.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What happened to you?
I used to enjoy pro wrestling... in high school. Saw Nikolai Volkoff open up Ivan Putski's head with a can tapper at Stamford High back in the early 70s. But you know, you grow up.

WWE is up there with Marvel movies, chicken tendies, and manscaping as reasons why our culture is in steep decline. Men don't want to mature past pubescence.

Reaction Score
I used to enjoy pro wrestling... in high school. Saw Nikolai Volkoff open up Ivan Putski's head with a can tapper at Stamford High back in the early 70s. But you know, you grow up.

WWE is up there with Marvel movies, chicken tendies, and manscaping as reasons why our culture is in steep decline. Men don't want to mature past pubescence.
Yikes

Reaction Score

I am not a WWE person but this is a wild take

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It was sarcasm dude. Hurley's Ego

And no I don’t think I know more then Hurley lol, what gives you that impression.
Ah, wasn't my intent to imply you specifically. It was meant as a "royal you"/indefinite pronoun.

But funny thing about the referenced thread, given the discussion on Brady's roast and jokes made about Kevin Hart... maybe DH shouldn't say yes to everything ;)

Reaction Score
To paraphrase Michael Jordan, "WWE fans buy tickets, merch, and donate to NIL, too."
And I’d imagine some 4 star and 5 star recruits watch Raw. If it makes them perceive Hurley as being more human and cooler, that’s not a bad thing. And if it’s something Hurley wants to do because he grew up enjoying wrestling, then I think he’s earned the right to blow off some steam after working obscene hours for many months on end to give Uconn back to back titles.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'll go with the "there's no such thing as bad publicity" premise. We introduced the UConn brand to a new demographic.
I watched when I was a kid, took a 30+ year hiatus and am now back watching via my kids. It’s honestly bigger than ever and if it gives us some exposure to a new audience, I’m here for it.

Reaction Score
I watched when I was a kid, took a 30+ year hiatus and am now back watching via my kids. It’s honestly bigger than ever and if it gives us some exposure to a new audience, I’m here for it.
I’m not anti-wrestling but I’ve watched it a few times in the past 10 or so years and the wrestlers all seemed to lack any type of personality compared to The Rock/Stone Cold/HHH era. Is it really as popular today as it was 20 years ago?

Reaction Score

Thanks for the reminder that I need a good manscape session soon.

Reaction Score
I’m not anti-wrestling but I’ve watched it a few times in the past 10 or so years and the wrestlers all seemed to lack any type of personality compared to The Rock/Stone Cold/HHH era. Is it really as popular today as it was 20 years ago?
I don’t think it measures up to the Attitude Era of the late 90s/early 2000s, or the ‘80s era led by Hogan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom