Hurley confirms Hass is coming back | The Boneyard

Hurley confirms Hass is coming back

Reaction Score

No announcement or twitter post. Like we were told, he’s back.

I see us like we have in the past just being strategic, looking for one or two additions to fortify some positions. We’re excited about some of the young players that we’ve got coming back. We’re excited about Hassan and Samson Johnson, two key players from last year’s team, coming back.”

Reaction Score

No announcement or twitter post. Like we were told he’s back. Skip to the

I see us like we have in the past just being strategic, looking for one or two additions to fortify some positions. We’re excited about some of the young players that we’ve got coming back. We’re excited about Hassan and Samson Johnson, two key players from last year’s team, coming back.”

That was where I was recognizing we were. He was back and didn't feel the need to announce his return any more than Samson.

Still, glad to have Hass back. I am hoping he has a big year - he deserves it.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just excellent news...especially with so many brand-new UConn players.

Question: put Karaban to the side for a minute: Is Hurley done for any more additions?

Reaction Score
Great news... Samson, Diarra and Ball are the keys IMO. If they make leaps this year the Team will be formidable at the highest levels even without Karaban, for the 3rd year in a row.

Reaction Score
We’re all talking a lot about Hassan coming back, but really excited about Samson too. The fact that he’s willing to compete for minutes with Reed really speaks volumes about his character. And it provides us with two excellent options at the 5 - and both very different players that give us a ton of versatility.

Reaction Score

That means we are definitely out of the Brea sweepstakes in my mind. I think we definitely get one more developmental portal guy to replace Roumoglou and still have a spot left if Karaban wants to come back.

Reaction Score
Just excellent news...especially with so many brand-new UConn players.

Question: put Karaban to the side for a minute: Is Hurley done for any more additions?
If Karaban doesn't come back we would be at 11. I don't think Hurley is going to leave it with 2 possible open schollies unless he knows Karaban is probably coming back. I think we get one more lower level portal guy who can develop while here. Good to have depth in case of injuries which knock on wood we have been fortunate with.

Reaction Score

great news!! Hass played tremendous this year. We’d be half lost without him….

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I like this "UConn will return Hassan Diarra, Samson Johnson, Jaylin Stewart, Solo Ball, Youssouf Singare and Jayden Ross from the championship team" you portallers and newbies wanna see my ring(s)

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
"...Hurley said during a one-on-one Zoom to promote his partnership with Bai WonderWater."

So no more peeled off labels next season. I'll nostalgically look back on the days of the mystery bottle.

Reaction Score
Now we just need Karaban back.

one GIF

Reaction Score
Great news... Samson, Diarra and Ball are the keys IMO. If they make leaps this year the Team will be formidable at the highest levels even without Karaban, for the 3rd year in a row.
I guarantee Stewart will play a bigger role than Ball. How could you overlook him?

Reaction Score
I guarantee Stewart will play a bigger role than Ball. How could you overlook him?
Read my post after this. Stewart played big minutes for toward the end of the year as a contributor. He's a proven commodity. The only reason I include Diarra is being a starter for the Huskies is a giant leap for mankind and he will need to make a massive jump if he wants to be the Quarterback of the offense.

Reaction Score
I'm Thankful he's coming back and excited to be able to watch him play for another year.

So this puts an end to all speculation about Hass entering the portal because they added Aidan.

I wish folks would stop all the speculation like: this recruit is not coming here or that existing player is entering the portal or not coming back. Let's just enjoy the process without claiming we know s*** about something the we have no idea how they will play out.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm kinda surprised (yet elated) that Hass is coming back. While it's obvious he loves playing here, I was questioning "what's in it for him"? He's graduated, he's unlikely to get any NBA sniffs, although overseas $$ are there for him. Is he going to take grad classes to set him up for a different career? Or is he gonna make enough NIL bank that he can put off overseas for a year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom