Hurley Article on next years roster | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hurley Article on next years roster

Reaction Score
I agree with this 100%. I think Hurley has a plan in place personnel wise.

I just wish he'd share it. I'm dying to know his recruiting strategy and progress. I imagine he's got to be all over it to land one or two impact payers.

Point Guards not committed - Probably late but maybe the new Coach resurrecting a blue blood sales pitch works.

Brandon Williams - Brandon Williams, Crespi, Point Guard

Courtney Ramey - Courtney Ramey, Webster Groves, Point Guard

Akinjo - James Akinjo, Salesian, Point Guard

Reaction Score
Did you watch the games at all? Coaching had little or nothing to do with why he's a ball stopping machine you people need to get that crap out of your head. He is just that because he can't pass, can't dribble and isn;t a very good basketball player. He lost his athleticism we saw at VCU obviously and is a rail thin stand up shooter and that's it. He puts little to no effort into defending anyone and any time he tried they left his standing there holding his jock. He wasn't awful he was dreadful one of the absolute worst defenders we've ever seen, it really is that simple. Add to that he's a TO machine and you guys want him back to waste a schools we may need for many other vital areas? Crazy

Not for nuttin, but the above indicates that he's delusional, as well. Play basketball? Professionally? UConn BB and/or putting his degree to work might be his only alternatives. Maybe some new advisors?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It's moron. Moron
incorrect

xbiqykK.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
My blood pressure cannot take another season of Larrier. Top priority should be the returning 10 guys, 2 incoming guys, and rerecruiting Akinjo. With that, there’s the 13 schollies.

Yeah, best for everyone that he moves on. There really isn't anything more he can learn in college and we can't afford for him to not learn it.

When he is playing for a paycheck he will either fix the holes in his game or he won't be playing for pay.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Uh, may I humbly suggest that a one year turnaround is not in sight. IMHO, the object for this year is to demonstrate that we will be playing UConn basketball again (i.e., tenacious defense, the ability to strike in transition, and a disciplined half court). Once people see what DH is doing then he might get some of the quality high school juniors and sophomores interested in the program. Right now DH needs guys who will but into his way and not deviate from it. The quality on hand is minimal. Hopefully it will garner an NIT bid and history repeats itself.

Reaction Score
Not for nuttin, but the above indicates that he's delusional, as well. Play basketball? Professionally? UConn BB and/or putting his degree to work might be his only alternatives. Maybe some new advisors?

When you are Larrier's height and can score fairly well, it is not that hard to get a spot on a pro roster somewhere. Larrier will play professional basketball... somewhere. Boo Willingham averaged 1 point a game at UConn and played professionally for many years.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How do we know he hasn't contacted them?

The article originally said something like: "Matthews and Kisunas are the two committed recruits, and Hurley will reach out to them shortly. James Akinjo has decommitted and is getting home visits from...yada yada"

Looks like it was updated.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is it standard practice to document all the coaches making home visits? I bet K wouldn't pose for a picture, if he was there.

Reaction Score
Is it standard practice to document all the coaches making home visits? I bet K wouldn't pose for a picture, if he was there.

I bet he would. Coaches look to establish bonds with kids, no matter who they are. To refuse taking a photo with a recruit would send the wrong message in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom