Hunter Clark | The Boneyard

Hunter Clark

Reaction Score
He didn't look out of place running the football at UMass. The kid is a load at 230. Given we're in the market for a short yardage back, he is already on the roster.

One of my pet peeves about UConn coaches is that there seems to be plenty of blowouts where you could put a kid into action yet they sit on the bench. The were a lot of missed opportunities to look at RBs, WRs and QBs deeper down the depth chart. When we were being blown out by Michigan, they managed to play five --count 'em five-- QBs. Don't know how many scrubs got in the game for the volunteers but plenty saw action.

Anyway, hope Hunter gets some meaningful carries next year.

Reaction Score
He didn't look out of place running the football at UMass. The kid is a load at 230. Given we're in the market for a short yardage back, he is already on the roster.

One of my pet peeves about UConn coaches is that there seems to be plenty of blowouts where you could put a kid into action yet they sit on the bench. The were a lot of missed opportunities to look at RBs, WRs and QBs deeper down the depth chart. When we were being blown out by Michigan, they managed to play five --count 'em five-- QBs. Don't know how many scrubs got in the game for the volunteers but plenty saw action.

He also looked very good in the spring game this past year. I thought he might get some carries after Mitchell had some fumbling issues during the season.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

Mora et al kept running Roberson out there all game in blowouts most of the year for the most part. No ZT. Probably why he entered the portal

Reaction Score
Mora et al kept running Roberson out there all game in blowouts most of the year for the most part. No ZT. Probably why he entered the portal
He played in 2 games and he would have come in if Roberson was hurt so they didn't want to put him in just to put him in. The coaches actually were helping Zion by preserving his redshirt and keeping him at 4 games or less.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He played in 2 games and he would have come in if Roberson was hurt so they didn't want to put him in just to put him in. The coaches actually were helping Zion by preserving his redshirt and keeping him at 4 games or less.
He could have played in 4 games and played more, and still kept his RS. Do not get me wrong, Roberson is a .00001 upgrade from last year. And nice to see the 3rd stringer get a sniff late late against UMass. Norm and Jimbo must have known ZT was out the door by then

Reaction Score

I agree with this.

I also interpret this as a decent sign that Welliver is a bit more solid than we may think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom